Thread: Um, Did anyone just see Clint at the Republican Convention

Silver
    Load Metric

Um, Did anyone just see Clint at the Republican Convention

Oh boy. Someone said the teleprompter got stuck. Geez, everyone if going to be talking about that tomorrow and not Mitt's speech.

Load Metric
    In a rare victory for free speech, NBC's anchor described his performance as senile and disturbing.

Load Metric
    quite a bit of stammering and trying to remember his lines

Load Metric

go ahead, make my day

Silver
    Load Metric
    Fox says the teleprompter was frozen. What the fuck was with the empty chair? Then he came out against the war in afghanistan and berated Obama for it.

Clint is my all time favorite actor, and I scratched my head when he was annouced as the speaker right before Romney. I am like, the man is 82 and outside a few ad lib lines at the Academy Awards, he is not going to be used to speaking in front of thousands.

You just know Mitt is fucking steaming right now. I guaranteed you he was talked into this and relented because having a movie guy there would make him look "hip". Problem is he is not "hip". His appeal is he is a hard core business man.

Oh well, it will be forgotten if Romney gives a good speech. Although Clint is probably like, WTF did I just do? LOL, I have never seen anthing like that,

Load Metric
    LOL, sounds incredible.

There's no way that Mitt gives a memorable speech and we will walk away from the RNC with a widely criticized Paul Ryan speech and this.

The GOP fails pretty hard.

Load Metric
    Colloquial, cloistered, forgettable.

Load Metric
    jesus christ look at that brood of mormons

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Speech was fine, he never claimed Regan. Like most speeches at conventions it will be forgotten. Except the parting of the seas in 2008 which will work against Obama this go around.

Does not matter, it's all going to come down to the debates anyway.

They key was Eastwood. Classic. I mean, it was funny as hell. Some people will call it genius, some senile, all will remember it. I mean berating Obama as an empty chair, are you kidding me. LOL

As much as I admire Romney, I was kind of hoping Eastwood was going to walk back on stage halfway through Romney's speech.

Load Metric
    Clint is going to be pissed when he finds out Obama wasn't in that chair next to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbieBensonFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Speech was fine, he never claimed Regan. Like most speeches at conventions it will be forgotten. Except the parting of the seas in 2008 which will work against Obama this go around.

Does not matter, it's all going to come down to the debates anyway.

They key was Eastwood. Classic. I mean, it was funny as hell. Some people will call it genius, some senile, all will remember it. I mean berating Obama as an empty chair, are you kidding me. LOL

As much as I admire Romney, I was kind of hoping Eastwood was going to walk back on stage halfway through Romney's speech.

ahah ah ahahahaha ok ok I have to admit, you had me going up until "I admire Romney".

wowwwwwwwwwwwww.

Silver
    Load Metric
    New twitter handles:

@clintschair

@invisibleobama

@emptychair

They are now saying Clint had a approved speech and he tossed it at the last moment and did his thing. Are you kidding me. The reason Romney was late because Eastwood was only supposed to speak 5 minutes and he spoke 12 minutes. Prime time, 20 minutes before Romney goes on. I mean, it's one thing to have Eastwood on at 8am Tuesday night. LOL

I mean, stand up comedy the hour the Presidential Nominee goes on state. An unforgettable moment in national politics.
    Last edited by RobbieBensonFan; 08-30-2012 at 08:07 PM.

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric

In the October issue of GQ magazine, Eastwood said that Republicans were making a big mistake by opposing same sex marriage.

“These people who are making a big deal out of gay marriage?” Eastwood opined. “I don’t give a fuck about who wants to get married to anybody else! Why not?! We’re making a big deal out of things we shouldn’t be making a deal out of.”

“They go on and on with all this bullshit about ‘sanctity’ — don’t give me that sanctity crap! Just give everybody the chance to have the life they want.”

Although he is a registered Republican, Eastwood doesn’t consider himself a conservative. He has supported California’s former Democratic Gov. Gray Davis and Democratic Rep. Sam Farr.

“I was an Eisenhower Republican when I started out at 21, because he promised to get us out of the Korean War,” he told GQ. “And over the years, I realized there was a Republican philosophy that I liked. And then they lost it. And libertarians had more of it. Because what I really believe is, let’s spend a little more time leaving everybody alone.”

Raw Story (http://s.tt/1d7GH)
    http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/09/1...if-gays-marry/
    Last edited by bukowski72; 08-30-2012 at 09:27 PM.

Thread Information