Thread: i was there Bo Jackson vs. Deion Sanders 7/17/90

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

i was there Bo Jackson vs. Deion Sanders 7/17/90

1st 3 ab's

he didn't get a chance to go 4-4 or 5-5 because he got injured going for the ball on this play

after he came out he went on the DL for 40 days and in his 1st AB off the DL he hit another HR

Comments

Sheesfaced: This is a quality f’n post

PROUDBOY MAGA 2024:
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Silver
    Load Metric
    I could watch Bo highlights all day. Bo with a Deion storyline mixed in as well? Sold!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheesfaced View Post
    I could watch Bo highlights all day. Bo with a Deion storyline mixed in as well? Sold!
    this game was part of the lean nyy years. not that many people in the stands. they didn't get good until mattingly left and jeter arrived.
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    1st 3 ab's

he didn't get a chance to go 4-4 or 5-5 because he got injured going for the ball on this play

after he came out he went on the DL for 40 days and in his 1st AB off the DL he hit another HR
    Great underrated game, with 2 of the best athletes of all time at their best.

Load Metric
    If Deion Sanders had played baseball exclusively he would have been a hall of famer.

In 1992 with 300 at bats, he logged a 304 average and led the league with 14 triples. Get this he lead the league in triples by playing half a season. He also had 186 stolen bases playing part time over his career.

There is not a doubt in my mind he would have logged 2500 hits and 1,000 stolen bases if he had dedicated to baseball.

He really should have stuck with baseball in 1992, it was clear he could have been a leadoff hitter for a decade.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    If Deion Sanders had played baseball exclusively he would have been a hall of famer.

In 1992 with 300 at bats, he logged a 304 average and led the league with 14 triples. Get this he lead the league in triples by playing half a season. He also had 186 stolen bases playing part time over his career.

There is not a doubt in my mind he would have logged 2500 hits and 1,000 stolen bases if he had dedicated to baseball.

He really should have stuck with baseball in 1992, it was clear he could have been a leadoff hitter for a decade.

he was better at football moron

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post

He was out of the league by age 30 due to turf toe. You are smart on Trump, I'll give you that. Not smart on drinking and driving laws though. You'd think after your second stint in the drunk tank you would have learned, but people generally are not smart.

Diamond
    Load Metric

He was out of the league by age 30 due to turf toe. You are smart on Trump, I'll give you that. Not smart on drinking and driving laws though. You'd think after your second stint in the drunk tank you would have learned, but people generally are not smart.

why is it not smart to get thrown in the drunk tank? WGAF, being a moron while drunk is why drinking is god. many ppl are a moron 24/7 sober without realizing it

Diamond
    Load Metric

He was out of the league by age 30 due to turf toe.
    You are smart on Trump, I'll give you that. Not smart on drinking and driving laws though. You'd think after your second stint in the drunk tank you would have learned, but people generally are not smart.

lol wait a second, this isnt true. talking out ur ass

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I think it's great if you were there even in the nose bleeds. Forget Deion, Jackson was
    the superstar. Legendary
    I'm giving you this one.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I've seen a couple of things like Gretzky with the Oilers (hated him)

But the most unique was an aging Sam Snead, a fine southern gentlemen,
    giving a clinic at the Royal Victoria Golf Club which is basically Pebble Beach north.

I watched that bad ass even as he walked alone back to his hotel room

Load Metric
    1st 3 ab's

My buddy pitched in the minors for a few years. When is was a reliever in AA, Bo Jackson hit the longest home run he had ever seen in his life off him. The next day he threw Bo 4 balls outside and walked him. Bo was not happy.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    1st 3 ab's

My buddy pitched in the minors for a few years. When is was a reliever in AA, Bo Jackson hit the longest home run he had ever seen in his life off him. The next day he threw Bo 4 balls outside and walked him. Bo was not happy.
    This is hardly worth saying but facing a even a double A pitcher is scary.

Load Metric
    Sad that we won't see athletes like them at the pro level again now that the talented kids become specialized in one sport around age 13.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Thread Information