Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Top Shot

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    I put the Tyler Herro up for $2k.

Sold it for $527, I have mixed feelings.......

Looks like the Luka I pulled is actually worth a bit more.

People wondering about roi for one of these $199 packs, my 7 cards were worth around $1,200-$1,300 total. That’s with pulling the highest priced seeing stars moment and around the 5th best rising stars moment.
    this is some redick stuff. i wonder who eventually is going to get stuck with the digital bag of turdz
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    So I've been selling my moments. Slowly, because that's all I can do.

I've noticed on the evaluate.market site that nearly every moment is slowly trending DOWN in value. Which means it looks to be the correct play to open the packs and sell the moments ASAP, barring site fail.

I think holding them is a mistake, since NBA Top Shot is constantly releasing new ones, and they have a nearly unlimited well to draw from (think of how short the clips are, and how many NBA games have been played). Plus they're releasing 2,000-35,000 of each one, and I think the number of secondary market buyers is rapidly getting smaller compared to the number of drop winners.

I don't think this is like bitcoin where we're going to see constantly fluctuating value, even after it appears to be on its way down for awhile. I think it's much smarter to get immediate gratification.

My Rising Stars moment was shit and only sold for $375 or so, and my two Seein Stars sold in the $100s. The rest are worth under $20. I spent less than $230 total, so obviously I'm in the positive. This still looks like almost guaranteed money if you get a pack and sell quickly. The secondary market looks like a huge mistake as a buyer.

Comments

Forum Wars: The only way to go (for no risk money making --- for now)

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

I've noticed on the evaluate.market site that nearly every moment is slowly trending DOWN in value. Which means it looks to be the correct play to open the packs and sell the moments ASAP, barring site fail.

I think holding them is a mistake, since NBA Top Shot is constantly releasing new ones, and they have a nearly unlimited well to draw from (think of how short the clips are, and how many NBA games have been played). Plus they're releasing 2,000-35,000 of each one, and I think the number of secondary market buyers is rapidly getting smaller compared to the number of drop winners.

I don't think this is like bitcoin where we're going to see constantly fluctuating value, even after it appears to be on its way down for awhile. I think it's much smarter to get immediate gratification.

My Rising Stars moment was shit and only sold for $375 or so, and my two Seein Stars sold in the $100s. The rest are worth under $20. I spent less than $230 total, so obviously I'm in the positive. This still looks like almost guaranteed money if you get a pack and sell quickly. The secondary market looks like a huge mistake as a buyer.

The thing is that once it truly reaches the masses, past beta, these moments that are 2k-35k minted will be way more valuable than the Series 7 or 8 with 200k minted so you are making an investment in them.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post

The thing is that once it truly reaches the masses, past beta, these moments that are 2k-35k minted will be way more valuable than the Series 7 or 8 with 200k minted so you are making an investment in them.
    How is it beta though? Just because they call it beta?

I think word has gotten around enough. I mean, yeah, it hasn't been mass marketed, but it's also been around for 1.5 years, so it's not like it's a new service. It's just new to most people.

There's also the (big) possibility that this will lose its luster and nobody will find these valuable anymore.

Maybe I'm just throwing away future money, like I did when I sold my 40 BTC in early 2016 (now worth $2m), but I'm treating this more as just a freeroll requiring a bit of time. Either I make nothing, I make a little, or I strike gold and make a lot because I get something really rare.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also, since there IS a secondary market right on the site, if you think there's a future, wouldn't it be wiser to just flip your moments immediately, and then wait until the values go down more, and then rebuy?

Comments

OSA: that's what a lot are doing.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    wouldn't do anything atm. They are limiting buys so they can fix the site (1 purchase per user allowed per hour).

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I'm going to hold my

LUKA DONČIĆ
    Layup
    Seeing Stars (Series 2)
    #3540/10000

for now. Lowest ask is ~$600

Comments

nightmarefish: I have the same one.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I’m thinking about buying up the entire Lebron seeing stars team. There’s surely gonna be a competition for this and a free rare Lebron as the prize. The value of Lebron cards on that site is retarded.

Comments

shoeshine box: guy made 58 million the #1 guy on Topshot

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

Wink

I realized I got beat for 200 ttl.. on 2 moments, 89 jew beans for a:
    2 moments.
    Owwwwwww,i had to be a degen and not find that great site minga evaluate/? thank goodness find it anyway, at least I can get 6 bucks ...omly -192,,, they aint got the whole 200....but it is the last 200... I have them listed for a fair if you look above/below my #s 149 Jew tamale$......down from 475/275/225/149 final leave em there til thy rot.
    well maybe I go down to 125/115/110/105/100/75/50/25/15/10/8/5/3. reverse Martingale fellas.

Update 15mins later or so, good news, Evaluate has my Moments worth 16$ now! cross out 3-15 please!
    Last edited by shoeshine box; 03-09-2021 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Don;'t wait for the storm to pass, dance in the rain!.

Bronze
    Load Metric

Looks like seeing stars are all rising because of the challenge.

My Luka lowest asking price yesterday was ~600, now ~800

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yeah I screwed up selling my two semi-rares from Seeing Stars, but at least they weren't worth all that much anyway (low-mid $100s), so it's not like I threw away a ton of money.

But yeah, they've about doubled according to evaluate.market.

Also, the fail player I got from Rising Stars is going for more today, as well -- $492 at the moment, when I got $379 or something. At first it looked like I made the right move, as he fell below $300 at one point after my sale.

Comments

OSA: told ya

Bronze
    Load Metric
    rumor has it there will be $1000 packs dropping this Saturday or Sunday.

If true, are they worth it? Would you buy?

probably not true. Sounds a little out there right now
    Last edited by PuTTY; 03-11-2021 at 07:26 PM.

Load Metric
    Anybody get anything good from those $9 common packs that finally came out? I got 2 worthless ones and a Giannis block serial # in the 3000's that looks like its goin for about 30 bucks

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalizeMeth View Post
    Anybody get anything good from those $9 common packs that finally came out? I got 2 worthless ones and a Giannis block serial # in the 3000's that looks like its goin for about 30 bucks
    the five required for the mike conley seeing stars are going for about $65 per

i f'd up and sold a bam and a pascal siakam for about $65 total

didn't think the conley would be that coveted, especially with so many of those 5 minted
    Hi Lew!!!

Bronze
    Load Metric
    If anyone is interested.

Only 5k packs - stress test

https://hoo.ps/base-set-release22

Highly unlikely to get a pack. LOL 72k ahead of me. NO CHANCE
    Last edited by PuTTY; 03-16-2021 at 03:05 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PuTTY View Post
    If anyone is interested.

Only 5k packs - stress test

https://hoo.ps/base-set-release22

Highly unlikely to get a pack. LOL 72k ahead of me. NO CHANCE
    Yeah I just got position 96k. Forget it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Thanks. When can we get in line? At like 4:55?

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Now

Load Metric
    Think so, but in my experience it has opened for queueing up a few mins earlier than 5 mins before the drop...

EDIT: Like PuTTy said, it opened about 20 mins before 5pm PST, so REALLY early.

EDIT 2: "There are 150,000+ people in the line!" ------ boooooooo!

EDIT 3: 64,116...so 0/4 now for me.
    Last edited by Forum Wars; 03-16-2021 at 04:02 PM.

Thread Information