Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL RANDOM THOUGHTS THREAD ***

Load Metric
    bad reads.

Keep being a simpleton, though. nh

What was your name on bodog btw just wondering if we played

Banned
    Load Metric
    A guilty pleasure, I still occasionally check Yahoo "headlines". I'm pretty annoyed at the trend of more and more of them being videos with zero written content. I click off the site 90% of the time that happens. Eventually I'll just stop going back.

Load Metric
    I always thought that Mormons couldn't drink anything with caffeine, but apparently its just coffee and tea that are explicitly banned. "And again, hot drinks are not for the body or belly." https://www.lds.org/scriptures/dc-te...dc/89?lang=eng

Was looking it up, and the story goes that Joseph Smith's wife saw the flock spitting tobacco juice all over the church floor, and was disgusted by it. Conduct unbecoming of an LDS member, she thought, so she had her hubby ask Jesus if they should can tobacco. Jesus was all, Fuckin right ban that shit, and alcohol, and hot drinks and other bullshit. So it was done, obv.

Drinking a cup of Barry's Gold tea right now. Had some Peets New Guinea Highlands coffee out of my French press earlier tonight. I don't do it to specifically offend Jesus, but I do think the possibility makes them both taste just a little bit better.

Load Metric
    I like turtles

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    I always thought that Mormons couldn't drink anything with caffeine, but apparently its just coffee and tea that are explicitly banned. "And again, hot drinks are not for the body or belly." https://www.lds.org/scriptures/dc-te...dc/89?lang=eng
    My mormon friend always announces when he has a Mountain Dew on facebook, which is prob 3-4 days a week.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    A guilty pleasure, I still occasionally check Yahoo "headlines". I'm pretty annoyed at the trend of more and more of them being videos with zero written content. I click off the site 90% of the time that happens. Eventually I'll just stop going back.
    Totally agree on the video thing. I would much rather read an article than watch a video. This is especially true if I am browsing the web in a room with other people, and don't want to disturb them.

Yahoo especially annoys me when someone posts an interesting Yahoo story to my Facebook wall, and then I find out that I can't read it without allowing Yahoo to access my Facebook info and post on MY wall. Fucking joke. Just take me to your site and STFU. No wonder Yahoo has been floundering for so many years...

Load Metric
    People are lazy and don't want to read. Kind of sad really. Another thing I can't do is read a book on a Kindle (or anything like that). I need the actual book in my hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Muck Ficon View Post
    People are lazy and don't want to read. Kind of sad really. Another thing I can't do is read a book on a Kindle (or anything like that). I need the actual book in my hands.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    My son Benjamin might be alive in the year 2100.

Everyone reading this forum today will be dead.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    My son Benjamin might be alive in the year 2100.

Everyone reading this forum today will be dead.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity

better to start preparing benjamin now for the inevitable evolution of what we refer to as 'humanity'

tl;dr - shit will get real, real quick

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Muck Ficon View Post
    I thought this would be the case for me but I have had a Kindle Touch since April and am now reading more than ever. E-ink is great. I would never read on a tablet though.
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Banned
    Load Metric
    So how are the lines drawn with political correctness and racism these days? I'm not completely up to speed. Is it still okay to make fun of the French? My understanding has been that it's fine to make observations about trends and common traits in cultures and nationalities, but not ethnicities. Is that starting to change? I've been told that the following joke is racist and offensive:

Heaven is an American salary, Chinese cook, British home, Japanese wife. Hell is a Chinese salary, British cook, Japanese home, American wife.
    My sister once scolded me for observing that nail salons are often run by Vietnamese ladies.

That all seems ludicrous to me, but maybe I'm a naive white bigot.

Load Metric
    So how are the lines drawn with political correctness and racism these days? I'm not completely up to speed. Is it still okay to make fun of the French? My understanding has been that it's fine to make observations about trends and common traits in cultures and nationalities, but not ethnicities. Is that starting to change? I've been told that the following joke is racist and offensive:

Heaven is an American salary, Chinese cook, British home, Japanese wife. Hell is a Chinese salary, British cook, Japanese home, American wife.
    My sister once scolded me for observing that nail salons are often run by Vietnamese ladies.

That all seems ludicrous to me, but maybe I'm a naive white bigot.
    Wasn't that you with the fat people tirade earlier?
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertstemple View Post
    Yes. Am I a bad person?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertstemple View Post
    Yes. Am I a bad person?
    Are we talking Ted Bundy/Charles Manson bad?

Load Metric
    Just saw the Dark Shadows movie.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeccccccccccccccchhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

Were they not even trying?

Dr. Hoffman was totally misportrayed, she helped Barnabas time and time again and was basically a non entity in the movie. Although I believe she did try to turn him human in the original series, and may have even succeeded. Where the Hell was Quentin. He was one of the best characters. On again off again werewolves don't come along every day. Willie Loomis was about the same. Michelle Pfeiffer stole the show. Thought she was really good as Elizabeth. Much better than Joan Bennett(she stumbled through her lines all the time). Johnny Depp didn't have the presence to play Barnabas. I like Depp, but does he always have to play the same campy ass character. Angelique was OK, but my god, the woman that played her(Lara Parker) in the series was 10 times better looking than the hag they they replaced her with.

The first few minutes I thought the movie was going to be great and it just continually deteriorated. What the fuck was the Carpenters song about? Why did Barnabas kill all the hippies, he didn't have to. I understand at the beginning when hes dug up, he mentioned how hungry he was. Yeah kill everybody there, that's cool, but the hippies, seriously.

Barnabas Collins was a bad mother-fucker, not the confused child Depp portrayed him to be. Major blunder fom Tim Burton here. 3 fangs out of 10 for this one.

Banned
    Load Metric
    I stopped doing cool kid handshakes when I was about 18. Since then I've stuck to the traditional regular handshake. Sometimes in certain social settings, I'll encounter people that still use those handshaking styles. Around here, a common one involves locking thumbs, sliding back, and curling fingertips. It used to be extremely awkward when guys would attempt that type of handshake on me, and I'd only realize it half-way through as I'm doing my standard shake. It kind of made me feel like a square, ya dig?

But now, I say fuck it. Even if I realize beforehand that they're probably going to use a cool kid handshake, I stand firm. I squeeze their hand, I don't fumble or attempt to adapt to their style, and maintain eye contact. One fluid motion.

A few weeks ago I played a game of pool with a stranger and shook his hand afterwards. He got angry at me and said that I deathgripped him. I try to keep it pretty firm, but I'm not a very strong guy, so I'm not sure what he was on about. He was a huge dude too. Kinda spooked me.

Gold
    Load Metric
    I love drinking an abOve average amount, going to bed late, and waking up real early feeling like a champ. Also had a 7-11 sandwich last night and I don't feel like shit. Looks like I'll be in good shape for the first wedding of four I have to go to this month. Feeling like Todd getting a free upgrade on a rental car today

Load Metric
    Storm came through last night. Knocked out the power for a couple of hours. 2ond night in a row. Jeez, really sucks to have the power off. Lots of lightning last night. Lightning flashes for an instant then its gone, yet its considered static electricity. Shouldn't it be considered dynamic electricity instead?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

Ya these fucking hypocrites said there god wouldn't let them drink caffein until they bought Coca-Cola (the company) then it was ok to drink cold caffein...... what a joke. it is nice to change the rules of your religion when it works for you. there is so much shady shit about this religion worse than Muslim IMO.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Thread Information