Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** NBA 2020-21 Thread

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

*** OFFICIAL NBA 2020-2021 THREAD -- COVID'S REVENGE **

https://twitter.com/TheNBPA/status/1324569971423354881

I was just about to turn off my sports stats services because I thought there wasn't going to be anything I'd want to bet for several months. Guess I'll leave everything as-is.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    get ready to have a whole lotta fucked outcomes and superstars not playing a lot...

gonna guess they're going to want to get things back on track where they finish some time in june...that means a lotta back-to-back games which the primadonnas just don't like...

good luck NBA in trying to explain once again to turner and disney why you're giving them such a fucking shit product...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    get ready to have a whole lotta fucked outcomes and superstars not playing a lot...

gonna guess they're going to want to get things back on track where they finish some time in june...that means a lotta back-to-back games which the primadonnas just don't like...

good luck NBA in trying to explain once again to turner and disney why you're giving them such a fucking shit product...
    Their ratings got slaughtered this year and they will lose another billion as a league if they have to compete against pro and college football again in their playoffs for ratings so they need it to be done before the summer. Money rules the day. I generally watch the NBA playoffs, but this year, I maybe watched like three games. Once football hit the market I had no interest in the NBA.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

Their ratings got slaughtered this year and they will lose another billion as a league if they have to compete against pro and college football again in their playoffs for ratings so they need it to be done before the summer. Money rules the day. I generally watch the NBA playoffs, but this year, I maybe watched like three games. Once football hit the market I had no interest in the NBA.
    "Ratings" are no longer useful for judging anything. EVERYTHINGS "ratings" are WAY DOWN. Nielsen ratings especially don't matter for sports, with bars and restaurants playing the games for large (well, pre-covid) audiences. Sports is practically the only area to fully survive the beginning of the streaming generation, as you can tell by more of it being on the big 4 channels.

Related story: was listening to a podcast with Rob Lowe on, and he was talking about some failed show he was on ~1986. The show finished dead-last in the ratings at the time and was cancelled quickly. Its rating that year would be #1 today. Pretty much tells you all you need to know about the relevance of Nielsen ratings anymore.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

*** OFFICIAL *** NBA 2020-21 Thread

Surprised they are going through with this, given how crazy the COVID numbers are getting, but I guess it's full speed ahead.

Last season I lost interest, despite the Lakers' likelihood to win the championship, due to the obnoxious woke messaging that was in my face constantly. Notice that MLB also had woke messaging on the day they returned, but it was less in-your-face, and they dropped it very quickly. With the NBA, it was front-and-center constantly. I didn't actively boycott it, but I actually found myself with the least amount of interest in the NBA ever, which was surprising given how good the Lakers were.

Anyway, it's coming back and the preseason is going.

Lebron has been playing in the NBA since 2003. Let that sink in. 2003!!! I realize that he began as an 18-year-old, but still pretty insane that a guy playing in 2003 is one of the stars in the 2020-21 season.

Of course, we have the Houston Rockets drama going right now. As great as James Harden is, I don't think he will ever win a championship. Way too selfish.

There's also a weird situation going on involving a lawsuit having to do with the Clippers' recruitment of Kawhi Leonard.

I actually have interest in the NBA again, but we will see how long it lasts. Part of that interest comes from boredom with the baseball season being over, and how my sports fandom is generally limited to MLB and NBA.

I am looking forward to betting the NBA again.

First games are 4 days from now, on the 22nd.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    dont know if anybody has done this yet, but going to try to venture through the ringer podcasts with simmons/russillo which are each around 2 hours long to see what they have to say about the O/Us...see if i actually get to it...

without listening just looked and BKN is at 45.5, which is 52.5 in a normal 82 game season...so so so tempted to go under because you know kyrie is gonna do something fucking dumb...

Load Metric
    Harden situation is just entertaining. Houston FO are stuck between a beard and a hard place. Morey peaced the fuck out at the right time. I don't believe for a minute that he would trade Simmons for Harden straight up, much less Simmons + other assets.

Miami is really the only team that makes sense for a trade, and even then Houston will be getting $0.25 to their dollar. I think (and I think BKN knows this also) that giving up Dinwiddie, Levert, and Allen for Harden would actually make the Nets worse. This is especially true for this coming season, as its going to be better to be deep than top-heavy, at least during the regular season. Harden himself has to be top of the list of "stars who, if they havent already, will def get covid."

Portland always flies under the national radar, but really love the moves they made. 11 deep with acceptable rotation players, Covington is exactly the type of player they have needed for years. Derrick Jones could become that also. Melo running the 2nd unit and given the green light to fire away during the rare times both Dame and CJ on the bench. Should be fun to watch.
    Last edited by gut; 12-23-2020 at 10:46 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Harden situation is just entertaining.

I think (and I think BKN knows this also) that giving up Dinwiddie, Levert, and Allen for Harden would actually make the Nets worse.
    Look at you with all the negative energy. I desperately want to see Harden & Kyrie together.

Tonight this is Kyrie cleansing the Boston Garden by burning sage. The bad karma was removed from the Garden when you left you fruitcake. He is seriously fucked in the head.

Comments

Crowe Diddly: the hockey bench sweat smell will still remain regardless.

Load Metric
    dont know if anybody has done this yet, but going to try to venture through the ringer podcasts with simmons/russillo which are each around 2 hours long to see what they have to say about the O/Us...see if i actually get to it...

without listening just looked and BKN is at 45.5, which is 52.5 in a normal 82 game season...so so so tempted to go under because you know kyrie is gonna do something fucking dumb...

I love ya man but if you tie up your $ for 6 months on futures in the age of Covid I’m gonna give you a beating.

Is there a # of cancelled games prop?

Load Metric
    I couldn’t disagree more on your takes from last year. I thought the NBA would be unbearable, yet it wasn’t. They ran the bubble like a top tier league, and baseball was a mess and unprofessional with teams having played twice the games for half the year that other teams did. I was impressed with the NBA. MLB was ran like a clown show.

Plus with the bubble and lack of distractions, the quality of play was very high in the NBA. Baseball the opposite.

Plus basketball played essentially an entire season. Baseball played such an abbreviated schedule, which wasn’t their fault as to timing, but the poor Covid management by various teams detracted from the season in a major way.

Load Metric
    tht has been fucking eating for the lakers preseason shout out to our draft room grabbing this kid who is only 20 and is younger than 46 players in this years draft tucker gonna eat

Load Metric
    I find it hard to believe West would ever get caught doing any of this, but if true and provable, the Clippers would get their face raped off by the league. More likely some grifter.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ba/3951324001/

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

I love ya man but if you tie up your $ for 6 months on futures in the age of Covid I’m gonna give you a beating.

Is there a # of cancelled games prop?

druff but fair...but i mean come on, a chance to bet against kyrie...im not that strong of a man, san...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Harden himself has to be top of the list of "stars who, if they havent already, will def get covid."
    And right on cue, half of team-stripclub is out for game 1. LOL

Load Metric

I had it on over the course of a few days in my car as I was running around, so I was a passive listener, but I’m pretty sure they were heavily in over camp. Simmons in particular. I recall them saying they view Kyrie as a luxury for that team given how deep they are and Durants apparent return to form.

Load Metric
    Just one game etc but man did Portland look like dogshit.

Worst Lillard game I've ever seen. Not what you want!
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric

Exclamation

It's been a fun couple of weeks of unpredictable games.

The Lakers are clearly the best team; even on off nights, LeBron and AD are too good.

Most of the surprises (Cleveland, Orlando, Denver, Toronto etc) tend to even out but this year who the fuck knows.

I've just been degen firing light on games i watch for a sweat.

Ready to see who pulls the trigger on James Harden and what he'll yield back. I would never want him on Portland but he would make any team rumored to be interested instantly better.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    the high rate of blowouts so far has made DFS a bit of a rollercoaster.

Load Metric
    SEXLAND!

probably 27 wins

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Toronto is really horrible.

Emotional comeback late in the 4th from down 10, to take the lead against a mediocre Pelicans team.

Then they blow it and lose, and fall to 1-4.

Only win is against the hapless Knicks, who managed to somehow win again today.

Thread Information