Thread: Brag: opened an Amazon Prime Store card to buy myself a Papa Johns gift card because I couldn't find my wallet and wanted to order pizza

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric

Brag: opened an Amazon Prime Store card to buy myself a Papa Johns gift card because I couldn't find my wallet and wanted to order pizza

pretty sure I left my wallet at a friend's apartment, i'm hungry af and i couldn't find it. this was a problem because the only thing I have at house is spaghetti and fish and that just doesn't sound good. My friend is working so I did what I had to do. I logged onto Amazon, opened a credit card and bought myself a Papa Johns gift card. What did I get?

I went with the family special: 1 large specialty pizza and 1 large 2 topping pizza for 24 dollars

1. Cheesy Alfredo Pizza
    2. Italian Sausage and Mushroom

I also added a 2 liter of Pepsi for 3 dollars

because it's free, I tipped 10 dollars

eta 35-45 minutes

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    here's a pic of Papa John

Name:  103803545-GettyImages-133859932.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  145.3 KB

Load Metric
    Name:  c6d7e0c.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  111.3 KB

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Dominos Chicken Taco Pizza is legit.

I know gare has had like 2 in one night so he knows the deal

Comments

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: dominos philly steak pizza is my favorite

Load Metric
    Actually both Papa John's and Little Caesar's pizza is pretty bad but I'm glad that the founder of Papa John's has been removed from the company because he is a Trump supporter.

Load Metric
    ROFL at not having your Amex etc. information memorized.

Load Metric
    Papa Johns used to be an acceptable pizza when nothing else was available but there seems to be a huge downturn in quality over the last couple years. I refuse to order it anymore.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnP View Post
    Papa Johns used to be an acceptable pizza when nothing else was available but there seems to be a huge downturn in quality over the last couple years. I refuse to order it anymore.

I noticed this downturn a lot more than 2 years ago, though.

In the 2000s, Miri lived walking distance from a Papa John's, and I lived fairly close to one. Their pickup specials were very Jew friendly, provided you wanted a large 2-topping and nothing else. You could usually get one for $7-$8, and it tasted very good for a chain pizza place.

I did tons of carryout orders and felt great as I wolfed down the tasty pizza, knowing I only spent $7 for it.

They did have a huge differential between carryout special and delivery prices. The same pizza I was getting for $7 was like $15 if you had it delivered (plus tip, of course). For this reason, I could never bring myself to get delivery. In general I don't like delivery anyway, because it's difficult to handle if something isn't right.

Then into the early 2010s, I noticed the quality went downhill, so even though it was still cheap, I quit Papa Johns. I eventually moved and no longer lived close to one, anyway.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    In general, pizza is one of those foods where there is a huge difference in how tasty it is depending upon how hungry you are.

If you are very hungry, even mediocre pizza will taste great. This is especially true if you're both hungry and cold (such as right after returning home from being outside all day in the winter).

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I've probably told this story before, but since this is a pizza thread, I'm going to tell it again.

In 2017, I was literally stuck in Lake Tahoe in January during a series of major storms which closed all roads in and out.

Right before the storms rolled in, I skied, but it was a very cold day. High was 15 degrees, and while there was no wind, the wind chill created by both the chairlifts and my zooming down the hill made it feel even colder.

Well, after 6 hours of this, I started feeling noticeably cold, my teeth were chattering, and my feet/hands were feeling a bit numb. Probably should have quit earlier, but I knew the next 7 days would be too stormy to ski, so I wanted to get as much in as possible. I was by myself, btw.

Anyway, I got back to the hotel room at Harrah's and I realized I had a mild version of hypothermia. I just wasn't warming up very easily, and I felt fatigued.

I was also very hungry, due to the loss of body heat. Pizza sounded really good at the moment. I looked up on Yelp the best pizza in walking distance, and there was a pretty well rated one about 10 minutes away. I made a carryout order.

Well, I walked over there and was all ready to carry it out and realized I was being an idiot. How could I carry a pizza back for 10 minutes in 15 degree weather? 100% it would be cold by the time I got to the room. So I changed it and said I'll eat there, and took a table.

Well, I was so hungry and so cold that I wolfed down an entire 16 inch pizza in less than 10 minutes. The waitress came by and was shocked.

"Where did it go???", she asked. "Did you really eat that by yourself? But the pizza was so big, and it's just been a few minutes..."

I told her that I was "very hungry", and she walked away thinking I was some kind of freak. If only she had seen Live at the Bike, she wouldn't have been so shocked.

The end.

Comments

WillieMcFML: lul

PLOL: jesus

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Little Caesars is only edible within 5 minutes of coming out of the oven, I don’t know how they do it but the dough will literally turn into a rock at midnight....if you have leftovers to reheat the next day just throw them in the garbage.

Agree with everyone....PJs used to be fine....now it’s shit, they have followed the Pizza Hut model of not giving a fuck anymore.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    well, it's official. i'm sick of tombstone pepperoni pizza. it was a good run spanning several decades and prolly the best 3 dolla frozen people ever made.
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    You people make me sick.

Papa johns, little C’s, dominos...... ketchup on toast. This shot ain’t pizza.

Find a local Italian restaurant who Knows what the fuck they are doing and uses real ingredients and pay the price.

Christ sakes wtf is wrong with you all

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe View Post

I went with the family special: 1 large specialty pizza and 1 large 2 topping pizza for 24 dollars

because it's free, I tipped 10 dollars
    give a man food and he'll eat for day, but teach him to bonus whore ...
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    You people make me sick.

Papa johns, little C’s, dominos...... ketchup on toast. This shot ain’t pizza.

Find a local Italian restaurant who Knows what the fuck they are doing and uses real ingredients and pay the price.

Christ sakes wtf is wrong with you all
    Dominos Brooklyn Pizza is really good. You ought to try that one before making bold proclamations. Sonatine can confirm the greatness of the Brooklyn pizza from Dominos. So you have that.

Thread Information