Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: NBA Boycotts Game Tonight

Load Metric

NBA Boycotts Game Tonight

Lady on CNN says this will be remembered 50-100 years from now.

Trump is now definitely getting 4 more years.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: I'm sure this changes everything

splitthis:

Load Metric
    Meanwhile DJ Chaps is silent on the Hockey schedule.

Comments

splitthis:

Load Metric
    lol these millionaire entitled THUGS will never learn, ratings are already down 50% since they started this woke bullshit, maybe when the league goes fully broke and can't pay these THUGS millions of dollars anymore adam silver will be like "well, that backfired"

LOL NBA

Load Metric
    druff I’m also going to need you to censor “thugs” cause we know what dwai is thinking

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    druff I’m also going to need you to censor “thugs” cause we know what dwai is thinking
    glad you picked up on it cause I'm laying it on pretty thick

Load Metric
    Name:  32fd3e6.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  133.1 KB

Load Metric
    No more national anthem and no kneeling at all NBA games.

If you don't play, you don't get paid.

Comments

Dan Druff: lol @ that pic

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Excellent. Nothing gets done until whitey gets a little a uncomfortable.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: this is very true

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    https://twitter.com/KingJames/status/1298721240748711936

He's getting killed in the responses.

I feel really bad for Lebron, though. He's very oppressed, and is definitely a victim of systemic racism. If he were white, he'd have billions instead of hundreds of millions, you see.

Comments

Sloppy Joe: Unoriginal parrot

Gold
    Load Metric
    This is just the start. Sports is going to be like this forever and it will get worse. I’ve already moved on.

https://twitter.com/larryelder/status/1297556430426271744

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I see you Houston. Using this opportunity to get a couple more days rest for Westbrook to get back to 100%. I see you.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Baseball will always be my favorite spectator sport, and it always has been.

However, basketball has been a clear second, and I was excited for the AD/Lebron combo as a Lakers fan.

I have to admit that this idiotic social justice posturing is pushing me away from the NBA. I'm not actively boycotting it or anything, but I just have less of a desire to watch, given all of the obnoxious activism.

I don't care what Lebron does off the court with his political activism. I can separate that from Lebron the basketball player, who is one of the all time greats. However, I start to have a harder time separating that when they bring it to work.

People in 2020 are having a hard time separating politics from their work, and that's a big problem. Shut up, do your job, and do your political activism on your own time. That's the way it's always been, but suddenly everyone feels it's their "right" to bring their politics to work.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

However, basketball has been a clear second, and I was excited for the AD/Lebron combo as a Lakers fan.

I have to admit that this idiotic social justice posturing is pushing me away from the NBA. I'm not actively boycotting it or anything, but I just have less of a desire to watch, given all of the obnoxious activism.

I don't care what Lebron does off the court with his political activism. I can separate that from Lebron the basketball player, who is one of the all time greats. However, I start to have a harder time separating that when they bring it to work.

People in 2020 are having a hard time separating politics from their work, and that's a big problem. Shut up, do your job, and do your political activism on your own time. That's the way it's always been, but suddenly everyone feels it's their "right" to bring their politics to work.
    guess lebron doesnt think republicans buy sneakers...

Comments

gut: the goat

Load Metric
    Shut the nba down permanently there are a disproportionate number of blacks making it racist.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BiffCo99 View Post
    This is just the start. Sports is going to be like this forever and it will get worse. I’ve already moved on.

https://twitter.com/larryelder/status/1297556430426271744
    i feel the same way. i haven't watched the nba since the knicks had ewing and starks. all you need to do is watch the 4th quarter anyway. ncaa hoops is still goot.

the nfl gets worse every year, not even including kap, and knelling bs. the nails will prolly go in the coffin this year. and baseball is pretty boring, and i'm no longer playing fantasy

having the nhl play in middle of summer is lol
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I haven’t watched NBA basketball in decades because it’s super boring...without gambling I can’t imagine any reason to watch, the isolation game, hack a shaq, it’s just dull.

Comments

Sanlmar:

Load Metric

I think you are suggesting there be something like the Hatch Act for sports.

How’s that working out in politics? Fun, huh?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

I'm not suggesting any act.

I'm suggesting that people go to work and shut up while there.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

I'm not suggesting any act.

I'm suggesting that people go to work and shut up while there.
    In the context of last night’s RNC party at the White House etc, I think you know precisely what I meant.

The notion that a Federal employee cannot engage in political activities at his work place or while on the job.

Swing and a miss by me! I really don’t want to soil this discussion with Trump. I’ll take the error.

Load Metric
    trumps america blows

Thread Information