View Poll Results: Should Poker Fraud Alert change its rules to disallow gratuitous bigoted speech?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's 2020 and there's no place for that shit anymore

22 34.38%
  • No, I like the way the site is, leave things alone

20 31.25%
  • Sort of -- only get rid of the really bad stuff, leave everything else

20 31.25%
  • Don't know / don't care

2 3.13%
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Direction of the forum -- how should I handle free speech in the 2020s?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    There was a time when I believed that the people (myself included) were using slurs in a way that was just kind of funny or ironic. Like nobody meant anything by the words, they were just used to describe something you didn’t like or what not. Like saying crows were nagger birds...obv just to describe that the crows were assholes. Poker is ...the list goes on.

These days I feel like there’s been a shift in the intent for using those words. The guise of free speech has given way to acceptable hate speech. I think the biggest problem these days that associating with that type of speech can have real world implications.
    Yes. My concern is both that it's holding back PFA (there's people who claim they like the radio show but won't touch the forum because of this stuff), and will affect my reputation personally.

There's only so many times I can say, "I don't use this language, but am committed to allowing free speech, even speech I disagree with." Which is still my stance, but I might have to put an end to the overt bigoted language here. At the end of the day, it's my name which is directly associated with this site.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    There was a time when I believed that the people (myself included) were using slurs in a way that was just kind of funny or ironic. Like nobody meant anything by the words, they were just used to describe something you didn’t like or what not. Like saying crows were nagger birds...obv just to describe that the crows were assholes. Poker is ...the list goes on.

These days I feel like there’s been a shift in the intent for using those words. The guise of free speech has given way to acceptable hate speech. I think the biggest problem these days that associating with that type of speech can have real world implications.
    Yes. My concern is both that it's holding back PFA (there's people who claim they like the radio show but won't touch the forum because of this stuff), and will affect my reputation personally.

There's only so many times I can say, "I don't use this language, but am committed to allowing free speech, even speech I disagree with." Which is still my stance, but I might have to put an end to the overt bigoted language here. At the end of the day, it's my name which is directly associated with this site.
    A lot of people must think that you quietly agree with this stuff. That you allow it to continue because they're all saying what you're really thinking.

I don't believe that's true. But I can see how it appears that way, especially as the forum continues to devolve.

Comments

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: i'm going to start ruining your messageboard if you don't fuck off

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

A lot of people must think that you quietly agree with this stuff. That you allow it to continue because they're all saying what you're really thinking.

I don't believe that's true. But I can see how it appears that way, especially as the forum continues to devolve.
    Good lord the guy has said it already. It's an open forum. It's a balancing act ok?

It sounds like you're asking for moderation of different ideologies

Never mind that you think the other side is always to blame with you in charge it is no longer an open forum .

Go play it out on your own bustling site.

Comments

splitthis: A rare green for u

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I don't think anybody worth having around would assume Druff is racist because literally one guy calls people the N word on his website

Load Metric
    Druff is about to take a knee.

Load Metric
    You do that you mide as well shut this shit down.

We r all old now.

U will be taking out what made NWP DD and PFA what it is.

Tough call

Comments

splitthis: Miding it dammit

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Good lord the guy has said it already. It's an open forum. It's a balancing act ok?

Never mind that you think the other side is always to blame with you in charge it is no longer an open forum .

You sound very distressed in this thread. What are you worried about?

I'm not making any kind of demands. I barely participate here anymore, in part for the same reasons many others stay away from the forum. It doesn't actually matter to me what happens.

I do sympathize with Druff and I understand the predicament he's in. I have had uncomfortable conversations about PFA with people in the poker community, and I usually avoid mentioning it in polite company. Though I've made some suggestions as to how to go about repairing the damage done, I don't expect Druff to take any meaningful action. Maybe a half-measure like a profanity filter. It will still be a safe space for you, dwai, splitthis, and sidedish to color on the walls. Go nuts.

Comments

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: lol at having conversations with people, are you gay?

Load Metric
    You can have free expression of thoughts and ideas without having shitheads yelling the n-word all over the place.

C'mon, druff, make the obviously right choice. Do it for yourself and your standing in the community, if nothing else.

Do the decent fucking thing. Even if you have to mod the forums more.

Comments

JeffDime: +

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I'm not making any kind of demands. I barely participate here anymore, in part for the same reasons many others stay away from the forum. It doesn't actually matter to me what happens.

I do sympathize with Druff and I understand the predicament he's in. I have had uncomfortable conversations about PFA with people in the poker community, and I usually avoid mentioning it in polite company. Though I've made some suggestions as to how to go about repairing the damage done, I don't expect Druff to take any meaningful action. Maybe a half-measure like a profanity filter. It will still be a safe space for you, dwai, splitthis, and sidedish to color on the walls. Go nuts.
    Not distressed at all. Just bewildered that you are weighing in on this topic when
    you bailed from this site like a little girl.

I have no respect for you simply because you ran away and now you're chirping in when
    you have no dog in the fight and you promote your own little site here when it pleases.
    :GTFO

there we go, he's out of his comfort zone already

what shall I call you.....you don't stand a chance buddy

Making any demands? What a joke. To even mention making demands is
    a laugh riot coming from you.

Don't you realize that when you went to "drunk maniac" you immediately lost.
    All you have said in this thread is for not.
    How easy is it to lose your shit?
    Hate crime is something you're going to have to work on

The best you can do right now is apologize, log off and learn from your mistakes

Didn't apologize. Oh well not everyone's perfect

Comments

SrslySirius: gosh what ever will I do without the respect of a manic alcoholic

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: offset

splitthis: Double offset
    Last edited by limitles; 08-15-2020 at 10:18 PM.

Load Metric
    I barely participate here anymore
    please keep it that way, (racial slur/homophobic slur)

Comments

splitthis: Good advice
    Last edited by Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe; 08-15-2020 at 11:36 PM.

Load Metric
    but seriously, fuck this guy I don't like his tone, smarmy motherfucker

Load Metric
    sorry, I said the words

Gold
    Load Metric

“Uncomfortable conversations about PFA” gimme a fucking break you sound like a 19 year old female gender studies major from Evergreen State College. This is lamer than your mini-rant about how you want more controlled oppo from the right.

The “speech is violence“ crowd here is just too pathetic. The same people who will be celebrating when they alter the First Amendment in a few years no doubt.

If Druff wanted to change the site for personal issues who am I to say, that’s his prerogative. But the forum is pretty tame imo and it would be a shame to see him bend the knee to long time high-count posters channeling Tipper Gore. It’s just more proof that libtards really are the new 80’s style evangelical Christians of this new era.

Druff, these guys know they have the cultural momentum to flex on you on your very own forum. Their ultimate goal is humiliation and what would be sweeter than getting you to cave and change PFA forever.

Comments

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: you're right

SrslySirius: you must have me confused with someone else

1marley1: Fuck this idiot

dwai: offset srslyfag

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    i'm only on page 2, but i have to say, i never realized how much faggotry there is here until we started discussing the faggotry.

relax,...druff isn't gonna do shit about things for the most part. what his thread suggestion does is absolve him from any wrong doings moving forward.

he can always say..."hey, I tried to clean it up" as a way to get out of uncomfortable situations with fukwads that are aware of pfa, but don't care about the forum anyway.

it's really a brilliant move.
    Last edited by mulva; 08-16-2020 at 12:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Banned
    Load Metric
    lol at the sheer panic of possibly not being able to say the n-word anymore

bless your hearts

Comments

splitthis: Everyone knows your agenda

Load Metric
    it's more than the n word. i can't go on reddit, twoplustwo, facebook, twitter or whatever and draw people getting their dicks cut off. PFA is the only forum that will allow me to flourish until I take the time to copy paste a forum from github and launch www.wizload.com

Comments

SrslySirius: voat.co welcomes you with open arms

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe View Post
    it's more than the n word. i can't go on reddit, twoplustwo, facebook, twitter or whatever and draw people getting their dicks cut off. PFA is the only forum that will allow me to flourish until I take the time to copy paste a forum from github and launch www.wizload.com
    I like wizload the way it is now. you should always make available that starter page up as a safe space to look at the stars
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Gold
    Load Metric

bless your hearts
    Nice fake morality. You were on here last week yukking it up when a black Republican died cause “he didn’t wear a mask”.

Comments

splitthis: He is the worst form of hypocrite

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BiffCo99 View Post

bless your hearts
    Nice fake morality. You were on here last week yukking it up when a black Republican died cause “he didn’t wear a mask”.
    pretty much true. and hasn't sersly sers been a "for hire" propagandist, as well as just do it for lulz? portraying many polka playas in a bad light in his vids

also,...remember when tina used a pedo avatar for many years where kidz played with a used condom.

Load Metric
    lol what a bunch of whining little faggots crowe, srsly and bcr have become, maybe consider logging off or hanging yourselves, your penis' have retracted into your bodies to make vaginas, kill yourself

Thread Information