Thread: FTP is channeling his inner Kayne

Load Metric

FTP is channeling his inner Kayne

After much thought and quite frankly my wife telling me to quit bitching and do something about my total disgust with our local Congressional Rep who happens to be the same party of me I threw down the gauntlet.... A little backstory

Andy Biggs is my local Congressional Rep here in District 5 of Arizona.. Andy has been advocating and screaming about governmental overreach by local governments and even state action (in other states). Hes never had the balls to say shit about Gov Doug Ducey (which since Ducey is a lame duck Governor and ineligible to run for re election you might find odd).. Well the thing is its clearly politics on two fronts.. First off I suspect they know or expect Martha McSally is going to lose in November but see theres a pot of gold coming up becuase this all goes back to McCains seat who passed away and was originally elected in 2016 its created a weird situation.. MCSally was appointed to McCains seat after the 2018 election which she LOST running H2H against Kirsten Sinema for the smiling idiot Jeff Flakes seat who wisely chose not to run for re-eleciton given his reception and several town halls he held.. Under Election Rules McSally couldnt just finish out McCains term in 2022 she had to face election to retain the seat this year in 2020.. (follow me closely here).. If and likely does lose in November to Mark Kelly.. Kelly would have to face a full 6 yr relection term cycle in 2022 oh and guess whos out of a job in 2022.. You Guessed it Doug Doublescoop Ducey.. (For those that dont know Ducey was the CEO of Cold Stone Creamery whos HQ is in Scottsdale AZ before he ran for Gov)... Anyway to current situation.. Myself and several others have gotten sick of Andy Biggs running his mouth claiming hes against all this government overreach and not saying shit about Doug Ducey putting Party before principals unsurprisingly.. So I said F it.. I have no chance to win but I announced on Social Media tonight via Parler (the right wings twitter) that I was formally announcing as a write in candidate for the primary and if need be the general election for District 5 in AZ.. Again Ive got about as much chance as a frozen snowball in the current daytime heat but thats ok.. The purpose is more to send a message to these political asshats that we arent going to be silent little noobs anymore and if it drags away votes then mission accomplished.. and not that it matters but my platform is simple.

While I am a registered Republican Im not a yes man.. I believe the GOP has most of the answers but seriously need to get their heads out of their asses on a few things:
    1. No more Congressional exemptions to laws they pass.. They have to live under the same crap they pass
    2. A biennial balanced budget requirement (Emergencies and shit happen but we cant just keep spending reckelessly.. We have to pay for the emergencies somehow by tax increases or cuts.. States have rainday funds the Feds need to get it together.. They managed to rob the SS Trust Fund blind in doing so).
    3. No more lifetime Judicial federal appointments.. 10 yrs term at the district level.. 10yrs at the Circuit Court level so no court can get extremely tipped one way or another.. SCOTUS would not be required to 10yrs only but a mandatory retirement age of 85 should be considered strongly... RBG is the poster child and truthfully one has to wonder even other judges who get up there in age if they are truly capable of the magntitude of the job before them..
    4. lastly and one dear to my heart.. We need to make sure our vets are treated well but not just them.. Our first responders in general as well need to be have access to mental health help and should get maybe not the same treatment exactly as veterans but those putting their lives in danger running towards it while everybodyelse is running away should count for something.. We have too many homeless veterans in this country who need help and dont get it meanwhile other politicals want open borders and freebies for those crossing en masse.. We made a pact with our veterans to take care of them after they gave up some literally parts of themselves physically and more often mentally we owe it to them to do right by them before we worry about somebody breaking the law to enter this country (before anybody says shit.. Im a first generation American on my mothers side.. she came as a minor along with my aunt and uncle and grandparents LEGALLY to America they followed the law in fact not once but twice.. They came for awhile on a visa.. returned home and then came back as permanent landed aliens in the mid 60s.. Im a dual citizen my mother got her citizenship 3 1/2yrs after I was born in the USA).

Anyway Off my soapbox.. Like I said I aint got a snowballs chance in the furnace of hell in Arizona Summer but im not sitting back and just bitching about it either.. If your sick of the crap do something about it.. If we dont then we get exactly what we deserve from our government officials in the end..

Comments

IamGreek: I applaud your platform. Good Luck on your run!

shoeshine box: go for it.

Load Metric
    Good for you for running. #3 would require an amendment to the Constitution so that ain't happening.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Hopefully for your newly born political aspirations, the voters you need to win won’t care that you are paragraph-challenged.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Good for you for running. #3 would require an amendment to the Constitution so that ain't happening.
    Hell most of that isnt happening without a Constitutional Amendment.. These clowns wont ever pass term limits like they did for 22nd Amendment after FDR served 3+ terms.. Its insane.. The ironic thing is the left bitches about the founding fathers yet the founding fathers would be disgusted by the career politicans we have now in DC.. Congress was never meant to be a lifetime job ever and yet the decades some of these entrenched yahoos have had is just ridiculous..

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Hopefully for your newly born political aspirations, the voters you need to win won’t care that you are paragraph-challenged.
    Nah.. Im the wrong religion anyway.. Sadly this district in AZ is pretty much the magic underwear crowd.. Hell that moron Jeff Flake lives not far from me Ive seen him a few times in the local Walmart closest to my house.. Its all about the protest vote anyway.. Im hoping just to prove he needs to stop ignoring the voters and assuming we all just blindly support him because he has an R next to his name.. Its no better then the folks who blindly punch the button for Democrats just becuase of the letter next to their name.. Im definitely not one of those.. Ive voted several times for Democrats I thought were reasonable candidates especially given the complete ineptness of the GOP incumbent..

On that note.. I dont know if yall have heard but good ole Sheriff Joe is running to get his Sheriffs job back.. I really hope the other guy wins the primary so it doesnt come down to having to re-elect the current guy whos been a disaster (he was never qualified to be Sheriff and only won because the backlash against Joe Arpaio was too much.. The current Sheriff was a shift supervisor for Phoenix PD at his highest level and has questionable issues with potential domestic violence that were covered up by another Police Dept several years back where he lived (He lived in Glendale but worked in Phoenix).. The Under Sheriff is running for the GOP nomination and I really hope he does win itll make things much easier.. Guy has been with MCSO for 3 decades and he was in the Marines previously and has a clean record by all accounts.. If Joe wins the nomination I dont know what the voters will do.. he really just needs to go back to his retirement I mean seriously the guy would be 90 when he leaves office if he gets elected hes 85/86 now.. Egads.. At some point you cant be Andy Taylor forever.. and just because Trump is in office doesnt give him a free pass to go back to his old ways.. (especially if Trump loses to Biden in Nov).

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    take it down!!!!..and repost so it's readable
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Hell most of that isnt happening without a Constitutional Amendment.. These clowns wont ever pass term limits like they did for 22nd Amendment after FDR served 3+ terms.. Its insane.. The ironic thing is the left bitches about the founding fathers yet the founding fathers would be disgusted by the career politicans we have now in DC.. Congress was never meant to be a lifetime job ever and yet the decades some of these entrenched yahoos have had is just ridiculous..
    I don't think that's true. Many of the Founding Fathers were in politics for most of their lives. Jefferson was governor of VA, delegate to the Continental Congress, delegate to the Congress of the Confederation, ambassador, trade representative (or the equivalent of that anyway), Secretary of State, VP and President. Washington was a member of the VA House of Burgesses (state house of reps in colonial times) for 17 years, delegate to the Continental Congress, and President. Adams was delegate to the Continental Congress, had 3 different ambassadorships, was VP and President. Lots of other Founders had similar resumes.

What I think they would be disgusted by is the extent to which ethics and process have been corrupted in the interest of pure power and political advantage, and the extent to which some (but not all) of them are in it for themselves or their cronies.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    KAYNE WEST YALL

Thread Information