Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: WTF SEATTLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! 6 Blocks declared not part of US?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    this will likely be a memory by end of the week.

apparently they fucked up some used car dealership last night. this was only going to last as long as they deprived the gov of valid excuses to clean it up, and as of this morning they have failed to meet that expectation.

the big money question right now is; will they give swap snipers an excuse to rack up some slaves for the afterlife or will they just fuck off quietly. with every cell phone camera and reporter in miles focused on the barricades, any unwarranted violence (from either side) will be amplified by the media a thousandfold around the world.

Curious your opinion on the Atlanta, tazer incident. Justified shooting or no?

its light years less cut and dried than the floyd murder, but i weigh it like this:

scenario one) you dont shoot a dude in the back and he gets away and your ego is hurt and you pout because he stole your taser but the world goes right on turning, and you can get a warrant out on him and catch him later.

scenario two) you end that mans life when clearly no one is in any danger.

legally justified? maybe. state sanctioned death squads get a lot of latitude. but morally justified? you have to think nothing of a human life to justify that shooting morally.

but they fired that cops ass fast and im guessing told him to check in if he plans on leaving the state so they know where he is when its time to arrest him.

you know, im not saying i have solutions to urban decay and violence etc but we have utterly failed to prevent our police from being infested with the same sociopath murderers we used to count on wars to keep busy.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    this will likely be a memory by end of the week.

apparently they fucked up some used car dealership last night. this was only going to last as long as they deprived the gov of valid excuses to clean it up, and as of this morning they have failed to meet that expectation.

the big money question right now is; will they give swap snipers an excuse to rack up some slaves for the afterlife or will they just fuck off quietly. with every cell phone camera and reporter in miles focused on the barricades, any unwarranted violence (from either side) will be amplified by the media a thousandfold around the world.

Comments

Tellafriend: What a reference. Loved that movie

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Diamond
    Load Metric

its light years less cut and dried than the floyd murder, but i weigh it like this:

scenario one) you dont shoot a dude in the back and he gets away and your ego is hurt and you pout because he stole your taser but the world goes right on turning, and you can get a warrant out on him and catch him later.

legally justified? maybe. state sanctioned death squads get a lot of latitude. but morally justified? you have to think nothing of a human life to justify that shooting morally.

but they fired that cops ass fast and im guessing told him to check in if he plans on leaving the state so they know where he is when its time to arrest him.

you know, im not saying i have solutions to urban decay and violence etc but we have utterly failed to prevent our police from being infested with the same sociopath murderers we used to count on wars to keep busy.

I might have seen the wrong angle but I was under the impression that he turned around and pointed something at them. Maybe I am wrong.

I feel though that the bigger problem is that, psychologically, many people have an issue with understanding that when they are interacting with someone who is in a LEO capacity, there are not in control anymore. They have rights as an American citizen, but they cant interact with a significant other or a coworker the same way they do with an officer of the law. They have, throughout life, used their reasoning and manipulation abilities to get out of trouble or to solve their personal issues, and when they realize that it wont work in this situation, that's when shit rolls down hill and resisting arrest leads to panic and you then put yourself in a situation where you are making things worse and violence occurs.

Platinum
    Load Metric

In reply to OSA: It seems obvious the guy running away with the taser turned around to try to "shoot it" at the police, and then turned back around to run and got shot in the back. At that range I imagine the taser was completely useless, and him pointing it was pretty instinctual. But at the same time, the officer who decided to reply by shooting the suspect with a real gun was probably acting on instinct too.

I am guessing in the heat of the moment the officer wasn't even processing the guy was pointing a taser (as opposed to a real gun) at him. It is real easy to armchair QB on rewind, but I am guessing a lot harder in the heat of the moment.

I think what a lot of these situations boil down to is many police officers are not very good at making good decisions in high leverage spots when the adrenaline is pumping and they perceive their life is in danger. I suspect the ability to do this is more rare than we give credit for.

And the insane amount of guns and gun violence in our country overall (including gun violence against police) compared to every other country probably isn't helping matters either.

Comments

tony bagadonuts: Solid take

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post

In reply to OSA: It seems obvious the guy running away with the taser turned around to try to "shoot it" at the police, and then turned back around to run and got shot in the back. At that range I imagine the taser was completely useless, and him pointing it was pretty instinctual. But at the same time, the officer who decided to reply by shooting the suspect with a real gun was probably acting on instinct too.

I am guessing in the heat of the moment the officer wasn't even processing the guy was pointing a taser (as opposed to a real gun) at him. It is real easy to armchair QB on rewind, but I am guessing a lot harder in the heat of the moment.

I think what a lot of these situations boil down to is many police officers are not very good at making good decisions in high leverage spots when the adrenaline is pumping and they perceive their life is in danger. I suspect the ability to do this is more rare than we give credit for.

And the insane amount of guns and gun violence in our country overall (including gun violence against police) compared to every other country probably isn't helping matters either.
    The cop who shot that guy was NOT fearing for his life. He was pissed off that the guy got wrestled free from him and took his taser, and used the taser being pointed at him as an excuse to shoot him. Proof? He was recorded saying to the other cop right after the shooting in a celebratory manner “Got him!”.

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Drunk people are dumb.

Shouldn’t have been killed but he should have just been arrested vs punching those cops, but like I said Drunk people are dumb

Comments

Bootsy Collins: Hard to argue this

Platinum
    Load Metric
    He also hit him with a right cross but once again shouldn’t be shot for it.

Problem is, where does it lead if we go down the road where the cop’s SOP is to just let you go if you beat the shit out of them and run?

Seriously, what should they cops do?

Abrown brought up a good idea that maybe the penalty for resisting arrest should be huge to deter people from doing it. I’m sure there’s issues with that as well.

Load Metric
    Almost no one does any significant time anymore. They call it criminal justice reform.

Comments

Sanlmar: These are the facts of the case and they are undisputed. Lol, increased penalties abrown

splitthis: It’s bullshit

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    Almost no one does any significant time anymore. They call it criminal justice reform.
    If 4dragons was black he'd be posting right now!

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Maybe cops should carry two guns, one regular and one with rubber bullets. In situations like Atlanta that aren’t life threatening they could bustout the rubber bullets which do plenty of damage.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post

She's dead bro show some respect.

Killed herself because her communist girlfriend told her to stop playing with her tits... fell into a deeply reflective depression in which she realised she was a chronic abuser and lost cause.

She will be remembered as a fine supreme general and ANTIFA leader.

RIP Laura the Kook.

Source?

Ive seen posts of her/him/it threatening to kill itself, but nothing else.

Bump

Still looking for a source...

Comments

Salty_Aus: Thought I was being obvious that I was trolling.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    Maybe cops should carry two guns, one regular and one with rubber bullets. In situations like Atlanta that aren’t life threatening they could bustout the rubber bullets which do plenty of damage.

Yeah but they already carry 2 guns. One regular and one tazer. How many variations of guns should we have on hand to handle animals who want to continue this shit??

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Here’s an extremely similar situation.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    Here’s an extremely similar situation.

Soon as this guy runs around his car and reaches for something through his window, I'm emptying the magazine into him 100% of the time.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    At least the guy in the PA video was caught and eventually given a long sentence: https://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/...831-story.html

Too bad they didn't kill him at the time it happened.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I read up on the PA case. The guy's family said he got beat up real bad in a gang fight when he was a teenager and never really recovered and has serious mental/psychological issues. So on one hand you can sympathize with his situation; but it definitely seems someone mentally capable of trying to execute 2 cops for basically no reason is a serious danger to society and a ticking time bomb ready to explode again and belongs in jail for a very very long time.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post

The cop who shot that guy was NOT fearing for his life. He was pissed off that the guy got wrestled free from him and took his taser, and used the taser being pointed at him as an excuse to shoot him. Proof? He was recorded saying to the other cop right after the shooting in a celebratory manner “Got him!”.

Mr Mumbles...i disagree with you there. The cops thinking is: "i get shot by the taser, i am incapacitated, and then the culp goes for my gun"...

a sequence that leads to cop getting killed, it would be reasonable imo for the office to be in fear and react accordingly...

summary judgement for the policeman, case dismissed with prejudcie
    Last edited by GrenadaRoger; 06-17-2020 at 12:20 PM.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric

Atlanta police officer accused of shooting Rayshard Brooks will be charged with felony murder plus 10 more charges, DA says
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    i have to say chaz bono really looks like a guy now.

Name:  12529290-6944099-image-m-3_1555823629440.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  98.9 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Thread Information