Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mars Rover Landing Tomorrow

Load Metric

Mars Rover Landing Tomorrow

Vegas odds on it landing successfully?

Watch the video, pretty insane what needs to happen tomorrow: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...205422579.html

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    Vegas odds on it landing successfully?

Watch the video, pretty insane what needs to happen tomorrow: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...205422579.html

30% chance? Sick if they pull it off.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Pretty cool but I have a question regarding the moon while we are on this topic. If they went to the moon decades ago. Why have they not gone back yet and filmed a bunch of shit?

Load Metric
    cmoney is god etc...
    Me defeating Druff 100 BB heads up - http://youtu.be/LmxTH0rZaLk?t=2h12m35s

Load Metric

Cool

Too complicated. No way this works. NASA should have invested this money in online poker.

On a more positive note. Ill bet that chick has whips and handcuffs in her
    closet.
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Pretty cool but I have a question regarding the moon while we are on this topic. If they went to the moon decades ago. Why have they not gone back yet and filmed a bunch of shit?

NASA took 1.8 million photos of the moon in 1994. Why are they all in black and white? Also the Hubble Telescope released photos in black and white.

We went to the moon and landed 6 times. These missions were Apollo 11, 12 and 14 - 17 and of course Apollo 13 had a malfunction and was forced to return to Earth. Since 1972, we have not landed another man on the moon. Why Not? Cost too much? Nothing to gain by doing so? Or is there some other reason why we have not been back to the moon in almost 40 years?

http://moonrising-themovie.com/
    Interesting documentary and I have seen a few of these.....

Bronze
    Load Metric
    They're going to pull it off is the safe bet, because even if they didn't we wouldn't know any better.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TUFFTURF View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post

NASA took 1.8 million photos of the moon in 1994. Why are they all in black and white? Also the Hubble Telescope released photos in black and white.

We went to the moon and landed 6 times. These missions were Apollo 11, 12 and 14 - 17 and of course Apollo 13 had a malfunction and was forced to return to Earth. Since 1972, we have not landed another man on the moon. Why Not? Cost too much? Nothing to gain by doing so? Or is there some other reason why we have not been back to the moon in almost 40 years?

Please tell me you don't believe any of that shit...........
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Muck Ficon View Post

I tried watching it and thought the first couple minutes of the pictures were interesting. I was starting to think I actually had an hour of something worth actually watching considering the history and discovery channel have mostly turned to reality tv shit until he started talking about the 10 mile capsule that had been covered up. [X]

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FR1GHT View Post

I tried watching it and thought the first couple minutes of the pictures were interesting. I was starting to think I actually had an hour of something worth actually watching considering the history and discovery channel have mostly turned to reality tv shit until he started talking about the 10 mile capsule that had been covered up. [X]
    There was actually a better one that was made but forgot the name of it. It was more about the true color of the moon.
    Do I believe everything in that or any documentary? NO

My questions are:
    Why have we not been back to the moon in 40 years? Nothing to gain? Cost too much?*
    Why are the 1.8 million photos taken by NASA(1994) and the ones from the Hubble in black and white?

Load Metric

There was actually a better one that was made but forgot the name of it. It was more about the true color of the moon.

My questions are:
    Why have we not been back to the moon in 40 years? Nothing to gain? Cost too much?*
    Why are the 1.8 million photos taken by NASA(1994) and the ones from the Hubble in black and white?
    You should probably Google "why we see colors". Then you would understand.
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric

My questions are:
    Because it's basically desolate, and NASA has decided to focus their resources on deep space projects and Mars. Why don't people visit the middle of deserts? Because there's nothing there. Ummm, there are plenty of pics of the moon in color. What colors do you think are missing? Do you think the moon is pink? It's basically black and white.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Anal_Hershiser View Post

My questions are:
    Because it's basically desolate, and NASA has decided to focus their resources to deep space projects and Mars. Why don't people visit the middle of deserts? Because there's nothing there. Ummm, there are plenty of pics of the moon in color. What colors do you think are missing? Do you think the moon is pink? It's basically black and white.
    The moron in the video compares two pictures and then says "these photos are identical, taken from the same distance" and then notes the how different they look. He fails to notice the sun elevation is different by 11 degrees and that the latitude and longitude aren't even remotely close.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Lol, what does that prove other than you are a complete idiot? Your other video claims there is a 6 mile high statue on the moon.

Banned
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    Lol, what does that prove other than you are a complete idiot? Your other video claims there is a 6 mile high statue on the moon.
    I didn't even watch it. Some people will believe anything they see on a youtube video. Anyone who believes the moon landings were fake isn't worth arguing with. These are the same people who think 9/11 was a government conspiracy.

Load Metric
    The guy who made that film is an absolute clown.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Jose_Escamilla

Load Metric
    Lol TuffTurf has managed to blow all his credibility in two posts. That's fucking amazing.

Load Metric
    I actually was making a joke about China's post. So I googled and that was one of the things that popped up. So I just went for it.

Joe Rogan is awesome.

Do you believe in UFOs?

I was 10 years old. My cousin had just bought a brand new Trans Am with T-tops and decided to take me and my older brother to my Aunt's house in the country. It was getting to be dark out but he insisted that we take a drive with him to show off his new car. So we obliged him and hoped in.

As we approached my Aunt's house, there is a golf course that has this cart bridge about 50 feet in the air that runs parallel to the road. Above this bridge appeared these lights that had so many different colors that it was indescribable. All of a sudden his radio cut off and his car lights started to dim. His car started to sputter like it was starving for gasoline. He punched it and slide sideways through an intersection trying to get up the road to my Aunt's house.

As we arrived there, his car died rolling into her driveway. We jump out of the Trans Am and ran to the front door. As we approached her front door, all of the house lights suddenly went off. We turned around to see this same object hovering above this freshly plowed field. It just sat there. There was no sound at all, just thousands of pulsating lights.

We rushed inside the house a drew back the living room curtains to look outside. Suddenly, it moved horizontally to the left, to the right horizontally and then it went vertical. It went straight up out of sight and reappeared in like 2 seconds and came back down again. The strange thing is, it never made a sound and it left a trail of light with each movement. This "trail of light" was similar to the trail of a failing star. I have never seen a falling star move left or right with that much speed. Many year later, I can recall this story like it just happened.

Believe what you want to believe but this is my story. If it makes me an idiot to question the government or open my mind to the possibilities of the universe then so be it. Do I believe aliens are on the moon? NO
    Last edited by TUFFTURF; 08-04-2012 at 01:28 AM.

Thread Information