Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 289

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** NBA 2019-20 thread

  1. #261

  2. #262
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4777
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    33,711
    Blog Entries
    2
    Lillard put up 61 against the Warriors, adding to his 60 he got earlier this season.

    He's the shortest player to ever put up 60 or more. Lillard is listed as 6'2".

    Since NBA players always have their heights exaggerated by 2-3 inches, it's strange to think about the fact that I'm likely taller than Lillard, Westbrook, Steph Curry, and around the same as Harden.

  3. #263
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Lillard put up 61 against the Warriors, adding to his 60 he got earlier this season.

    He's the shortest player to ever put up 60 or more. Lillard is listed as 6'2".

    Since NBA players always have their heights exaggerated by 2-3 inches, it's strange to think about the fact that I'm likely taller than Lillard, Westbrook, Steph Curry, and around the same as Harden.
    The NBA passed a rule last year requiring legit heights. I believe most stayed the same or lost except Durant who was listed at 6’9 and was actually 6’10. Not to say teams couldn’t still play the shoes no shoes game a touch, but I have a feeling Harden is a pretty legit 6’5, and WB and Curry a legit 6’3. Idk about Dame. I can’t recall word after the rule passed about him. Idk what you are.

    I really just came into thread to say I’m looking forward to seeing Zion tonight and tell, I believe it was verm, that he appears to be correct on Ingram, who I really didn’t think was a player, but has really made strides this year and New Orleans has a bright future.

  4. #264
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Lillard put up 61 against the Warriors, adding to his 60 he got earlier this season.

    He's the shortest player to ever put up 60 or more. Lillard is listed as 6'2".

    Since NBA players always have their heights exaggerated by 2-3 inches, it's strange to think about the fact that I'm likely taller than Lillard, Westbrook, Steph Curry, and around the same as Harden.
    You sure about that? Allen Iverson did it and was shorter.

     
    Comments
      
      dwai: useless troll
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

  5. #265
    Quote Originally Posted by Muck Ficon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Lillard put up 61 against the Warriors, adding to his 60 he got earlier this season.

    He's the shortest player to ever put up 60 or more. Lillard is listed as 6'2".

    Since NBA players always have their heights exaggerated by 2-3 inches, it's strange to think about the fact that I'm likely taller than Lillard, Westbrook, Steph Curry, and around the same as Harden.
    You sure about that? Allen Iverson did it and was shorter.
    He mentioned the 60 earlier in the post. There are only like five or six guys to put up multiple 60 pointers. Dame is the smallest to do it more than once. All the other guys are legends of the game types.

  6. #266
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4777
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    33,711
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Lillard put up 61 against the Warriors, adding to his 60 he got earlier this season.

    He's the shortest player to ever put up 60 or more. Lillard is listed as 6'2".

    Since NBA players always have their heights exaggerated by 2-3 inches, it's strange to think about the fact that I'm likely taller than Lillard, Westbrook, Steph Curry, and around the same as Harden.
    The NBA passed a rule last year requiring legit heights. I believe most stayed the same or lost except Durant who was listed at 6’9 and was actually 6’10. Not to say teams couldn’t still play the shoes no shoes game a touch, but I have a feeling Harden is a pretty legit 6’5, and WB and Curry a legit 6’3. Idk about Dame. I can’t recall word after the rule passed about him. Idk what you are.

    I really just came into thread to say I’m looking forward to seeing Zion tonight and tell, I believe it was verm, that he appears to be correct on Ingram, who I really didn’t think was a player, but has really made strides this year and New Orleans has a bright future.
    Oh, I didn't know that. Looking at Curry, he doesn't appear 6'3" to me, but maybe that's because I am comparing him to the taller players around him, and also I can't stand next to him to compare. But usually I can look at someone from a distance and see if they are taller or shorter than me. Curry appears a little bit shorter, but maybe I'm wrong.

    I'm like 6'2.5

    If the listed heights are legit, then Harden is taller than me, even if they exaggerated by an inch.

    Curry and I actually have something else in common, but it's something I can't state out here. You guys can use your imagination. I wish it was net worth or basketball ability.

  7. #267
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

    The NBA passed a rule last year requiring legit heights. I believe most stayed the same or lost except Durant who was listed at 6í9 and was actually 6í10. Not to say teams couldnít still play the shoes no shoes game a touch, but I have a feeling Harden is a pretty legit 6í5, and WB and Curry a legit 6í3. Idk about Dame. I canít recall word after the rule passed about him. Idk what you are.

    I really just came into thread to say Iím looking forward to seeing Zion tonight and tell, I believe it was verm, that he appears to be correct on Ingram, who I really didnít think was a player, but has really made strides this year and New Orleans has a bright future.
    Oh, I didn't know that. Looking at Curry, he doesn't appear 6'3" to me, but maybe that's because I am comparing him to the taller players around him, and also I can't stand next to him to compare. But usually I can look at someone from a distance and see if they are taller or shorter than me. Curry appears a little bit shorter, but maybe I'm wrong.

    I'm like 6'2.5

    If the listed heights are legit, then Harden is taller than me, even if they exaggerated by an inch.

    Curry and I actually have something else in common, but it's something I can't state out here. You guys can use your imagination. I wish it was net worth or basketball ability.
    Harden is 6'4" maybe 6'5". Ran into him a year or so ago at the Venetian surrounded by a harem of the finest.

  8. #268
    i praised Ingram for the first time ever and he promptly ruined zions coming out party. Iím back to he sucks.

    Where has Blake been in this thread. The Sixers man, they canít get it together.

  9. #269
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Where has Blake been in this thread. The Sixers man, they canít get it together.
    which is why Iíve been silent. such a depressing season. I was sure they were going to the finals

    sixers need to get rid of their coach to see if someone else can get Embiid and Simmons to mesh. otherwise Simmons needs to be traded.

    on another note, zion 4-4 from 3 was impressive

  10. #270
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4777
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    33,711
    Blog Entries
    2
    How are the Pacers 29-16? What was their predicted win total at the beginning of the season?

    Toronto has an even better record, but has all the looks of a team that's going to choke in the playoffs again. Though to be honest, if any team but Milwaukee wins the east, it will be a big upset.

    The Sixers and Rockets are similar to me this year. Both have misleadingly solid 63% win records, yet both have poor chemistry and tend to choke off leads. The Sixers are clearly in worse shape, but I'd be shocked if the Rockets make it too far this year, unless they improve before the deadline.

  11. #271
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

    The NBA passed a rule last year requiring legit heights. I believe most stayed the same or lost except Durant who was listed at 6í9 and was actually 6í10. Not to say teams couldnít still play the shoes no shoes game a touch, but I have a feeling Harden is a pretty legit 6í5, and WB and Curry a legit 6í3. Idk about Dame. I canít recall word after the rule passed about him. Idk what you are.

    I really just came into thread to say Iím looking forward to seeing Zion tonight and tell, I believe it was verm, that he appears to be correct on Ingram, who I really didnít think was a player, but has really made strides this year and New Orleans has a bright future.
    Oh, I didn't know that. Looking at Curry, he doesn't appear 6'3" to me, but maybe that's because I am comparing him to the taller players around him, and also I can't stand next to him to compare. But usually I can look at someone from a distance and see if they are taller or shorter than me. Curry appears a little bit shorter, but maybe I'm wrong.

    I'm like 6'2.5

    If the listed heights are legit, then Harden is taller than me, even if they exaggerated by an inch.

    Curry and I actually have something else in common, but it's something I can't state out here. You guys can use your imagination. I wish it was net worth or basketball ability.
    Small penis?

    Sorry had to.

  12. #272
    All Sorts of Sports gut's Avatar
    Reputation
    372
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,787
    Someone tell Andre Drummond that bigs who cant shoot outside are the running backs of the NBA now.

    He's gonna get stuck in Detroit until free agency with his supposed contract demands.

  13. #273
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Someone tell Andre Drummond that bigs who cant shoot outside are the running backs of the NBA now.

    He's gonna get stuck in Detroit until free agency with his supposed contract demands.
    Yeah, such a strange player in general. One of those guys who isnít always engaged and doesnít understand what his role should be in the modern NBA. Heís the rare physical freak who has the athleticism and speed and strength to actually be incredibly valuable even as the direction of the game has passed centers by, but he ends up dribbling to try to take guys one on one in a league where he needs to be using his rebounding to push the pace. Granted, his team sucks, so to what degree they want him to attempt to be the 1 option, which clearly isnít a role for him, or if he does that on his own.

    Heís not a max player and I donít know to what degree heís coachable. As a role player who understands his role, there are fees guys who could be more useful than he could. He has an elite skill set outside shooting when heís engaged. Heís just all over the map as a player. Really hard to evaluate. Always been high efficiency yet not a significant plus on the on court/off court sense and certainly not conducive to winning presently. Heís meant to be a role player on a team of shooters.

  14. #274
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Someone tell Andre Drummond that bigs who cant shoot outside are the running backs of the NBA now.

    He's gonna get stuck in Detroit until free agency with his supposed contract demands.
    Yeah, such a strange player in general. One of those guys who isnít always engaged and doesnít understand what his role should be in the modern NBA. Heís the rare physical freak who has the athleticism and speed and strength to actually be incredibly valuable even as the direction of the game has passed centers by, but he ends up dribbling to try to take guys one on one in a league where he needs to be using his rebounding to push the pace. Granted, his team sucks, so to what degree they want him to attempt to be the 1 option, which clearly isnít a role for him, or if he does that on his own.

    Heís not a max player and I donít know to what degree heís coachable. As a role player who understands his role, there are fees guys who could be more useful than he could. He has an elite skill set outside shooting when heís engaged. Heís just all over the map as a player. Really hard to evaluate. Always been high efficiency yet not a significant plus on the on court/off court sense and certainly not conducive to winning presently. Heís meant to be a role player on a team of shooters.
    Sounds like a great New York Knicks acquisition!

    Am excited for my first look at Luka Doncic in Portland tonight; it's unreal how good he already is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I am a nice human being who enjoys being upbeat and affable with others

  15. #275
    gonna need a trip report SJ...

    6'7, 230 at his age playing against pretty decent pros since he was 14...fucking crazy...i mean zion is probably gonna be a helluva player, but he can't hold a candle to what luka is doing at his age...

    i doubt it would have made a ton of difference, but wonder what woulda happened if LeBron followed that same path...doubt that he could have been that much better of a player...maybe a title or two his first time around in Cleveland?

  16. #276
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    gonna need a trip report SJ...

    6'7, 230 at his age playing against pretty decent pros since he was 14...fucking crazy...i mean zion is probably gonna be a helluva player, but he can't hold a candle to what luka is doing at his age...

    i doubt it would have made a ton of difference, but wonder what woulda happened if LeBron followed that same path...doubt that he could have been that much better of a player...maybe a title or two his first time around in Cleveland?
    Isnít Bronny about that age?

    LeBron really is despicable as a self absorbed, clueless fuck but imagine the son internalizing the ďmy greatest dream is playing with my son in the NBAĒ

    No pressure kid. Have a nice adolescence.

  17. #277
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4777
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    33,711
    Blog Entries
    2
    There's now 4 mini All Star Games.

    Seriously.

    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...bryant-tribute

    This actually might be a positive change. The last few All Star Games have been boring as hell, and the complete lack of defense has made it painful to watch.

  18. #278
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    There's now 4 mini All Star Games.

    Seriously.

    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...bryant-tribute

    This actually might be a positive change. The last few All Star Games have been boring as hell, and the complete lack of defense has made it painful to watch.
    If Bernie Sanders designed an All Star game it would like like this.

    The players donít care to compete with one another. Fix that. do a skills exhibition and move on.

  19. #279
    All Sorts of Sports gut's Avatar
    Reputation
    372
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,787
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    There's now 4 mini All Star Games.

    Seriously.

    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...bryant-tribute

    This actually might be a positive change. The last few All Star Games have been boring as hell, and the complete lack of defense has made it painful to watch.
    If Bernie Sanders designed an All Star game it would like like this.

    The players donít care to compete with one another. Fix that. do a skills exhibition and move on.
    Seriously.

    I watched youtube clips of the dodgeball games and passing competitions from pro-bowl week. Did not watch a minute of the actual game.

  20. #280
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    There's now 4 mini All Star Games.

    Seriously.

    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...bryant-tribute

    This actually might be a positive change. The last few All Star Games have been boring as hell, and the complete lack of defense has made it painful to watch.
    Sounds like the regular season at this point

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. *** OFFICIAL *** MLB 2019 Thread
    By Gordman in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 719
    Last Post: 11-14-2019, 11:45 PM
  2. *** OFFICIAL *** Buy a Piece of Dan Druff in 2019 WSOP Thread
    By Dan Druff in forum 2019 World Series of Poker
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-16-2019, 04:24 PM
  3. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-06-2019, 05:51 PM
  4. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-02-2019, 01:08 PM
  5. *** OFFICIAL *** NFL Superbowl 2019 Rail Thread
    By Dan Druff in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 02-04-2019, 11:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •