Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Other than "MUH DEMOCRACY" liberals who have listed "loss of a woman's right to choose" among the evils they claim will happen under "fascist conservative rule", there wasn't much serious belief that an overturn of Roe v Wade would happen.

It seems that this is being done from a states' rights standpoint, and I understand it. Indeed, as I mentioned before, several states are already violating the spirit of Roe anyway, so why not just take the fed out of it?

Still, this is a very very bad look for Republicans politically. Big mistake.
Hmmm, really?

Trump in 2016 promised to overturn Roe v. Wade in a presidential debate.

"That will happen automatically, in my opinion, because I am putting pro-life justices on the court," Trump said. "I will say this: It will go back to the states, and the states will then make a determination."
Wherein lay the surprise exactly? Where is the Republican failure?

Whether you agree or disagree with the issue this outcome was telegraphed pretty clearly to many of us. Candidly, I stole some catchers signs early on from George Will.

In a world where Conservatism doesn’t mean anything anymore George Will is my boy.

So now democracy will take over at the state level…, or anarchy. Don’t kid yourself, the leader of the Republican Party will have his finger firmly pressed on those at the state level. A reminder of who is running the show.

I’m not saying I agree or disagree with abortion. I’m telling you how it is. … once again.

This is where I come down on it for the post part. The republicans stance is “pro life” and they are unapologetically moving forward in that regard. I completely disagree with them but they feel like it’s the right thing and acting accordingly.

It’s the democrats that are completely full of shit. If codifying RvW was truly as important as they say they would have made it federal law at some point over the past 50 years.