Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 720

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** MLB 2019 Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1

    *** OFFICIAL *** MLB 2019 Thread

    I dont follow baseball as much as others here. I guess Im just not a humongous sports fan. I have alot of other shit to concentrate on in life; is what it is- sue me. I mainly follow the teams from my home state - the Brewers (and of course Packers). Ive always been a home team fan. I dont know what it is, but many other people here are like that as well. Maybe its because i grew up mere minutes from the stadium, or maybe its the close-knit fans, and maybe its that for the most part the fans as well as the players maintain fairly good ethics compaired to other teams. I mostly never saw myself as rooting for another team other than my home state.

    That being said, in the past few years, i honestly saw myself as a highly potential Dodgers fan; i dont know why, but i just was. There was/is at least one thing however that is keeping me from that

    Machado

    To put it simply, the guy is a fucking douchebag. Guy is a fucking loser and certainly no role-model at any level. I have a strong feeling he his time is ending with the Dodgers. They can do better than this douchnugget.

     
    Comments
      
      Onestep: agreed
      
      duped_samaritan: Fully expect to find out Machado beats the shit out of his gf/wife tonight.
      
      pagelpoker:

  2. #2
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4687
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    32,891
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    I dont follow baseball as much as others here. I guess Im just not a humongous sports fan. I have alot of other shit to concentrate on in life; is what it is- sue me. I mainly follow the teams from my home state - the Brewers (and of course Packers). Ive always been a home team fan. I dont know what it is, but many other people here are like that as well. Maybe its because i grew up mere minutes from the stadium, or maybe its the close-knit fans, and maybe its that for the most part the fans as well as the players maintain fairly good ethics compaired to other teams. I mostly never saw myself as rooting for another team other than my home state.

    That being said, in the past few years, i honestly saw myself as a highly potential Dodgers fan; i dont know why, but i just was. There was/is at least one thing however that is keeping me from that

    Machado

    To put it simply, the guy is a fucking douchebag. Guy is a fucking loser and certainly no role-model at any level. I have a strong feeling he his time is ending with the Dodgers. They can do better than this douchnugget.
    He's not coming back.

    Seager will take over SS again.

    Machado's lack of hustle, dirty play, and repeated choking in big spots is not going to push the Dodgers to make room for him in some way.

    Had he lit the world on fire upon coming to LA, I could have seen them finding a way to squeeze him in. But it's not happening now.

  3. #3
    Diamond big dick's Avatar
    Reputation
    1150
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    fuck krypt
    Posts
    7,723
    Wouldn't even want that piece of shit on the cubs.

  4. #4
    Kershaw revealed last night that he has 3 days to opt out of his contract.

    “It was confirmed to me. So I think I have three days in the opt-out window.

    “Yeah, I think I said 10 [days] a month or so ago, but found out it’s three. And so it will be an eventful three days for me, and I’ll try to figure it out.
    “I’ll try to figure it out.” Not exactly bleeding Dodger Blue.

    Don’t worry Druff. No team is mortgaging their future for Kershaw. Except the Dodgers.

    Wouldn’t it be hilarious if the Dodgers extended his deal? This is somewhat likely.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Kershaw revealed last night that he has 3 days to opt out of his contract.

    “It was confirmed to me. So I think I have three days in the opt-out window.

    “Yeah, I think I said 10 [days] a month or so ago, but found out it’s three. And so it will be an eventful three days for me, and I’ll try to figure it out.
    “I’ll try to figure it out.” Not exactly bleeding Dodger Blue.

    Don’t worry Druff. No team is mortgaging their future for Kershaw. Except the Dodgers.

    Wouldn’t it be hilarious if the Dodgers extended his deal? This is somewhat likely.
    I heard them mention it a during the game. Pretty ridiculous to make a decision like that by Wednesday.

    Two questions:

    -When will the Dodgers raise his World Series runner up banner, and is Druff going solo or will he bring his son?


    I'm sorry Druff but I would still rather be a Jays fan with distant memories of the back to back World Series championships. We also have some young kids coming up and may be able to make a run at the Yankees/Sawks in about 3 yrs.

    Funny looking at Dodgers Payroll for 2019.

    Kershaw - possibly 32 mill
    Jansen - 18 mill
    Turner - 18 mill - Okay he's worth it
    Rich Hill - 18 mill - 39 years old
    Kemp - 21.5 mill

    Luckily you have Seager, Bellinger, Buehler, Muncy still around for cheap.

    I doubt Freese is taking his 6 million dollar option. He hasn't made that much over his career needs to grab a bigger contract while he can.

  6. #6
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4687
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    32,891
    Blog Entries
    2
    Actually, provided the Dodgers don't shit the bed with dumb free agent signings in the offseason, they will have a ton of payroll flexibility in 2020.

    Kemp and Hill's contracts will expire.

    That will leave only Jansen, Turner, and maybe Kershaw with sizable contracts in 2020.

    The only significant player hitting free agency that year will be Puig.

    The team's biggest problem, though, is that they aren't gong to get much help from the minors. The prospects they have are unexciting at the moment. No Seager, Bellinger, Buehler, or even Urias quality players there at the moment. And you can't expect a Chris Taylor (2017) or Max Muncy (2018) to show up every year to bail you out when you have holes in your team.

    This front office also hasn't been particularly good with either medium/big free agent signings or midseason pickups. They've oddly succeeded with their seemingly inconsequential moves -- the aforementioned Taylor and Muncy pickups, the Kemp "salary dump" trade which ended up saving their first half of 2018, and even David Freese at the August deadline. Some of that had to be luck, but I'll give them credit for those pickups. Justin Turner was another inconsequential pickup in 2014 (the Mets released him and put out the word that he doesn't hustle and is bad in the clubhouse), but that was by the previous regime.

    I will also give them credit for not making completely idiotic moves which fuck the team for many years -- such as Albert Pujols or Ryan Howard. They've done some dumb things, but at least those dumb things run out after a few years.

    The Dodgers front office has been better at not making moves than making moves, strangely enough.

    Dave Roberts is about to get a long term contract. Not kidding. He's been a good puppet for the front office, and takes all the blame when they direct him to do ill-advised things. He's about to get rewarded.

    Dodgers will win the NL West again in 2019.

  7. #7
    Diamond mulva's Avatar
    Reputation
    355
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,023
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Kershaw revealed last night that he has 3 days to opt out of his contract.

    “It was confirmed to me. So I think I have three days in the opt-out window.

    “Yeah, I think I said 10 [days] a month or so ago, but found out it’s three. And so it will be an eventful three days for me, and I’ll try to figure it out.
    “I’ll try to figure it out.” Not exactly bleeding Dodger Blue.

    Don’t worry Druff. No team is mortgaging their future for Kershaw. Except the Dodgers.

    Wouldn’t it be hilarious if the Dodgers extended his deal? This is somewhat likely.
    this is going to be interesting.

    definitely not out of the question of a deal extension from LA, regardless of kershaw's decline.

    i'm sure the yanks and a couple of others would give him 3yr 100 mil.......so the dodgers are going to have to tack on 1 or 2 years @ 20 or 30mil per imo.

    regardless of it's smart or not, he's getting more money. unless he thinks he sucks and doesn't want to give up 60m for the next 2 and declines to opt out
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.



  8. #8
    wracked with baseball withdrawal


    Mar 28, 2019 is a long way off...what to do?


    no wonder most affairs start in October, and more births are in September than any other month




    (poetic enough for you all?)
    Last edited by GrenadaRoger; 10-29-2018 at 08:10 PM.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

  9. #9
    Astros will win the WS in 5.

    I had a dream it was a sweep but want it to seem like it wasn't far fetched so 5.

    Also Astros will visit the WH sans latinos.... so some of the Astros will visit the WH.

  10. #10
    I'm waiting to see who bottomset likes

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by SPIT this View Post
    I'm waiting to see who bottomset likes
    opposite lock rep.

  12. #12
    Diamond Hockey Guy's Avatar
    Reputation
    1094
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,310
    Expos up 2-0.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

  13. #13
    Diamond mulva's Avatar
    Reputation
    355
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,023
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    Expos up 2-0.
    im not really that shocked by this. the nats have the SP to keep things close. no way should they of been a 2-1 underdawg
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.



  14. #14
    Master of Props Daly's Avatar
    Reputation
    1537
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,458
    Don’t ever fuck with Yu Darvish on Twitter.

    Name:  4A3285F5-7472-4363-93F6-8134AEB405CE.png
Views: 71
Size:  2.78 MB

    Name:  EA9DF945-3578-4CFB-8E2D-6A43C836C0C4.png
Views: 72
Size:  3.44 MB

  15. #15
    I don’t understand why Turner was out? He was running on the way to first.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    I don’t understand why Turner was out? He was running on the way to first.
    Not for nothing, hes the hottest guy on the Nats.
    It is in my bones which sucks so can make it hard to move sometimes. Trying to spend as much time with friends and family.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Onestep View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    I don’t understand why Turner was out? He was running on the way to first.
    Not for nothing, hes the hottest guy on the Nats.
    Ya totally why I was asking why he was out. I don’t want him to be angry since he is so attractive

     
    Comments
      
      Onestep: ;)

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Onestep View Post

    Not for nothing, hes the hottest guy on the Nats.
    Ya totally why I was asking why he was out. I don’t want him to be angry since he is so attractive
    Wife passed through the room the other day and said she thought Rendon was hot.

    My problems with the Nats keep adding up

  19. #19
    Astros are done. They ran out of juice. Yankees took them to the limit and once Cole and Verlander got smashed 1st time around in the WS it was like fighting Jon Jones after 3 rounds where all he did was land leg kicks. Sure, you got 2 more rounds, but you cant even stand anymore.
    It is in my bones which sucks so can make it hard to move sometimes. Trying to spend as much time with friends and family.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    I don’t understand why Turner was out? He was running on the way to first.
    Because a very similar play occurred in the World Series in 1969...that time the out wasn't called and the no-call resulted in the Mets beating the Orioles in that game and ultimately the Series. Big stink raised that time about the umpiring in the Sporting News and Sports Illustrated the next day/week

    J C Martin was the batter with runners on 2nd & 1st, Pete Richert was the thrower, the play happened in game 4 in the 10th inning, and the winning run scored on the play...it was a big controversy then, and I remember reading/viewing pictures in Sports Illustrated. On that play, the batter runner was well in fair territory, the ball struck the batters left arm and bounced away from the first baseman. Pete Richert later said on any similar play thereafter if he sees the batter inside the line Richert would aim to his throw to hit the batter runner square in the back with his best fastball

    I'm figuring last night's umpire Sam Holbrooke had studied this play and was aware of the fall-out from the 1969 Series...funny thing, that play was 50 years ago



    you'll notice Martin is not between the foul line and the restraining line as he nears first base...it was a bad no-call;

    the call in last nights game wasn't as clear cut, but I believe the 1969 play influenced the home plate umpire Sam Holbrook's thinking


    here is the link to the 1969 play as broadcast on NBC at the time

    https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...C&&FORM=VRDGAR

    as you will undoubtedly note, neither announcers Lindsey Nelson nor Curt Gowdy had any idea of the rule. Earl Weaver, the Baltimore skipper, had been kicked out of the game earlier for arguing strike calls so he couldn't challenge the no call, the acting manager (Billy Hunter?) did not object. Pete Richert did say something in the post game interview, and he was later proved correct. But because there was no on field objection by Baltimore, the call stood (while there was no official replay review, umpires could confer amongst themselves if challenged and reverse a call/play...but there was no on field review/ruling by the head umpire because Baltimore did not object).
    Last edited by GrenadaRoger; 10-30-2019 at 11:41 AM.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Why you should be scared of the Dodgers in 2019 and beyond
    By Dan Druff in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 07-29-2019, 05:55 PM
  2. Coming in 2019: PokerFraudAlert 2.0!!!!!!111
    By Dan Druff in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-27-2019, 06:40 PM
  3. WSOP 2019 schedule announced
    By Dan Druff in forum 2019 World Series of Poker
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-25-2019, 05:35 PM
  4. yankees offseason and 2019
    By mulva in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-13-2018, 06:22 PM
  5. Vegas NYE 2019
    By Drawingdead in forum Casinos & Las Vegas
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-07-2018, 03:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •