Load Metric

Santos Saúl "Canelo" Álvarez Barragán +125

Please don't question me, just bet.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Just no. Terrible bet.

Load Metric
    FUCK!!!! NOW I HAVE TO BET THE OTHER WAY
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Load Metric
    THANKS KRYPT, NOW IM GONNA BE THE ONLY PERSON IN THE ROOM CHEERING WHEN CANELO GOES DOWN..
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Load Metric
    side note did anybody catch Steven A Smith trying to argue with Max Kellerman on First take this morning.. It was hilarious and painful at the same time because Teddy Atlas was there as well.. SAS is convinced Canelo is taking out GGG.. Id have to go back and watch some of the fight to see if there was any validity to him saying GGG was slower then Alvarez.. I don't buy it honestly but hey who knows.. Maybe the fight I watched tonight was a preview as Mexican vs Russian and the Mexican won the fight via Tech Decision after they mashed skulls in the middle of the ring in Rnd 5. Russian dude was undefeated prior to the fight too so was kinda surprised.. Oh well This is why I generally watch MMA vs Boxing anyway..

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    side note did anybody catch Steven A Smith trying to argue with Max Kellerman on First take this morning.. It was hilarious and painful at the same time because Teddy Atlas was there as well.. SAS is convinced Canelo is taking out GGG.. Id have to go back and watch some of the fight to see if there was any validity to him saying GGG was slower then Alvarez.. I don't buy it honestly but hey who knows.. Maybe the fight I watched tonight was a preview as Mexican vs Russian and the Mexican won the fight via Tech Decision after they mashed skulls in the middle of the ring in Rnd 5. Russian dude was undefeated prior to the fight too so was kinda surprised.. Oh well This is why I generally watch MMA vs Boxing anyway..
    Alvarez looked like the better fighter in the last fight, and I thought he did enough to win the fight outright. However I do not think that either one greatly overmatched the other in any aspect. They are relatively similar fighters with similar skill sets.

Load Metric
    I'd take GGG at -200 and feel fine about it.

Load Metric
    I think Canelo is pretty clearly faster than GGG. In hand and foot speed. In fact, the only clear cut advantage I think GGG has, aside from obviously being "bigger", is punching power, with a slight edge in stamina.

I picked Canelo in the first fight, and without going back and looking, I think I scored it a draw.

I'm picking Canelo again in this one. The main reason, is because I don't believe that, if Canelo fights a similar fight, GGG can do much better than he did before. I'm uncertain if GGG has the ability to adjust. He's been the same fighter his entire career. I don't want to tiptoe the line of calling him one dimensional, because that's not my intention, but he wasn't really able to cut the ring off very well in the first fight, and I don't think that's something that he's just going to get a lot better at over the course of a few months. GGG needs to engage so he can utilize his power. Canelo certainly isn't going to be in there fighting in a phone booth with a guy like GGG. He'll move again. He'll use his speed and upper body/head movement to make GGG miss and flutter combos here and there to try and steal rounds, in my opinion.

I think a big problem with people who score fights, or watch a fight and determine who they thought won without scoring the fight, is that they confuse "aggression" with "effective aggression". GGG was aggressive in the first fight, but Canelo made him miss A LOT of those punches. It damn sure wasn't one of those fights where you can say "well, he won it on work rate alone". It wasn't that. I remember Canelo winning the first three rounds. And if I remember correctly, I think I gave all the middle rounds to GGG and the last three to Canelo. It was pretty fuckin' easy to have that a draw. I would have been fine with it going to GGG by a round, too. But people calling that fight a robbery, simply put, didn't know how to score the fight correctly. In my opinion, of course.

Anyway, now I'm just rambling.

tl;dr - Canelo +odds.

Cmoney is God.

Comments

jacosta24:

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post
    I think Canelo is pretty clearly faster than GGG. In hand and foot speed. In fact, the only clear cut advantage I think GGG has, aside from obviously being "bigger", is punching power, with a slight edge in stamina.

I picked Canelo in the first fight, and without going back and looking, I think I scored it a draw.

I'm picking Canelo again in this one. The main reason, is because I don't believe that, if Canelo fights a similar fight, GGG can do much better than he did before. I'm uncertain if GGG has the ability to adjust. He's been the same fighter his entire career. I don't want to tiptoe the line of calling him one dimensional, because that's not my intention, but he wasn't really able to cut the ring off very well in the first fight, and I don't think that's something that he's just going to get a lot better at over the course of a few months. GGG needs to engage so he can utilize his power. Canelo certainly isn't going to be in there fighting in a phone booth with a guy like GGG. He'll move again. He'll use his speed and upper body/head movement to make GGG miss and flutter combos here and there to try and steal rounds, in my opinion.

I think a big problem with people who score fights, or watch a fight and determine who they thought won without scoring the fight, is that they confuse "aggression" with "effective aggression". GGG was aggressive in the first fight, but Canelo made him miss A LOT of those punches. It damn sure wasn't one of those fights where you can say "well, he won it on work rate alone". It wasn't that. I remember Canelo winning the first three rounds. And if I remember correctly, I think I gave all the middle rounds to GGG and the last three to Canelo. It was pretty fuckin' easy to have that a draw. I would have been fine with it going to GGG by a round, too. But people calling that fight a robbery, simply put, didn't know how to score the fight correctly. In my opinion, of course.

tl;dr - Canelo +odds.

Cmoney is God.
    It's like we didn't even watch the same fight. Are you sure you didn't pop it Chavez fight instead?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    only santos i bet on is jose santos
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by monsterj View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post

tl;dr - Canelo +odds.

Cmoney is God.
    It's like we didn't even watch the same fight. Are you sure you didn't pop it Chavez fight instead?
    Eh, whatever. I know when I see a guy throwing more, but hitting air. Fight was in no way a robbery.

If you’d like to talk about the fight, I’m happy to. But I’m not sure how to respond to “nuh uh” replies.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BlunderMaker View Post
    I'd take GGG at -200 and feel fine about it.
    I didn't feel fine about it for long

Thread Information