Page 73 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2363697071727374757677 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 1627

Thread: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Go back and read my definition above of censorship, which I got from a standard dictionary online.

Censorship does not have to come from government sources. Any kind of speech suppression for ideological reasons is censorship. What would you call the suppression of the NY Post story about Hunter Biden? That looks exactly like censorship.
    The right to free speech does not supersede other citizens rights. Your right to free speech does not supersede private property rights. Say what you want but not on my property.
    As it stands social media platforms are not public property. Call it censorship if you like.
    Call your elected official and have an amendment drawn up

Comments

nunbeater: limitles with the slam dunk

gimmick:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post
    dude again no one is censoring the right, you are confusing a companies decision to suspend accounts with censorship. Every single one of the people suspended by Twitter & Facebook is free to take their message elsewhere. Actual censorship would be the government limiting them or suppressing their speech. No one can make the right stop spreading their message. We can choose not to listen and not to support it but y'all are still free to pass out your mimeographed pamphlets on street corners across Baltimore.

Also the capitol insurrectionists wanted to overturn the electoral votes for college & they wanted to murder sitting Representatives. In what fucking world does that not matter? The "OMG DEMOCRACY WASN'T UNDER ATTACK YOU GUISE" nonsense is just bullshit being pushed by the right to deceive the American public in the hopes that we all forget about it and let the insurrectionists off easy. Good fucking luck with that fellas. Personally I think they haven't even scratched the surface as far as charging people & a lot of people that are facing misdemeanors now will soon have felony charges to go with it.

Go back and read my definition above of censorship, which I got from a standard dictionary online.

Censorship does not have to come from government sources. Any kind of speech suppression for ideological reasons is censorship. What would you call the suppression of the NY Post story about Hunter Biden? That looks exactly like censorship.

And regarding the Capitol riots, once again it doesn't matter what a few idiots "wanted". They had no power, no means to take over the government, no backing, and no popular support. Thus, it was not a threat to democracy. Similarly, if a few five-year-olds got together and decided they were going to do a strongarm takeover of my house, that also wouldn't be a threat to my home. They would have zero chance of achieving it, and if I described their attempt as a "threat", everyone would laugh at me. There has been a concerted attempt by the left and media to equate Republicans with the Capitol rioters, even though all Republican politicians and media figures have condemned the rioters and called for their aggressive prosecution.

Speaking of which...

I am going on record stating that I hope all of the Capitol rioters are arrested and aggressively prosecuted.

Can you say the same about the summer rioters? Do you hope that all summer protesters who broke laws are aggressively arrested and prosecuted for their actions?
    funny you mention the Hunter Biden story as suppression. The issue with the Hunter Biden was that it was buried in enough bullshit and suspicious circumstance that a lot of reputable news sources didn't want to fucking touch it. The whole thing reeked of bullshit. That being said, if anyone really wanted to know the whole story they were free to search it out and read it for themselves. No one was stopped from publishing the Hunter Biden laptop Rudy Giuliani jamboree

Also five year olds? dude really? How about an effort by a bunch of adults that beat an officer of the law to death with a fire extinguisher? I think they speared him with the fucking flagpole a couple of times too. These were grown adults with weapons, gallows, zip ties, plans to murder & a premeditated plan of attack.

I think that anyone that riots or seditions should be appropriately charged and prosecuted. In this case it's the feds so you don't have to worry, they will aggressively prosecute anyone that fights the charges. I'm gonna go out on a limb though and say that most of these cases will probably not go to trial.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

And regarding the Capitol riots, once again it doesn't matter what a few idiots "wanted". They had no power, no means to take over the government, no backing, and no popular support. Thus, it was not a threat to democracy. Similarly, if a few five-year-olds got together and decided they were going to do a strongarm takeover of my house, that also wouldn't be a threat to my home. They would have zero chance of achieving it, and if I described their attempt as a "threat", everyone would laugh at me. There has been a concerted attempt by the left and media to equate Republicans with the Capitol rioters, even though all Republican politicians and media figures have condemned the rioters and called for their aggressive prosecution.

Speaking of which...

I am going on record stating that I hope all of the Capitol rioters are arrested and aggressively prosecuted.

Can you say the same about the summer rioters? Do you hope that all summer protesters who broke laws are aggressively arrested and prosecuted for their actions?
    funny you mention the Hunter Biden story as suppression. The issue with the Hunter Biden was that it was buried in enough bullshit and suspicious circumstance that a lot of reputable news sources didn't want to fucking touch it. The whole thing reeked of bullshit. That being said, if anyone really wanted to know the whole story they were free to search it out and read it for themselves. No one was stopped from publishing the Hunter Biden laptop Rudy Giuliani jamboree

Also five year olds? dude really? How about an effort by a bunch of adults that beat an officer of the law to death with a fire extinguisher? I think they speared him with the fucking flagpole a couple of times too. These were grown adults with weapons, gallows, zip ties, plans to murder & a premeditated plan of attack.

I think that anyone that riots or seditions should be appropriately charged and prosecuted. In this case it's the feds so you don't have to worry, they will aggressively prosecute anyone that fights the charges. I'm gonna go out on a limb though and say that most of these cases will probably not go to trial.
    I made the "five year olds" example because a few little kids have as much chance of taking over my house as the Capitol rioters had of taking over the government. "Threat to democracy" doesn't mean "a small group of people with bad intentions". You can only have a threat if there's a risk of it happening. It was a criminal and violent act, but not a threat to democracy or our government.

And yes, the Hunter Biden story was suppression. The NY Post, a very old and established publication, was prevented from disseminating a story about Hunter Biden on Twitter and Facebook. That's exactly what suppression is. Saying "you can find your news elsewhere" is making excuses for news suppression. These are supposed to be open, huge platforms for people to express viewpoints from any ideology. They aren't.

Comments

splitthis:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

And yes, the Hunter Biden story was suppression. The NY Post, a very old and established publication, was prevented from disseminating a story about Hunter Biden on Twitter and Facebook. That's exactly what suppression is. Saying "you can find your news elsewhere" is making excuses for news suppression. These are supposed to be open, huge platforms for people to express viewpoints from any ideology. They aren't.
    The NY Post is a private enterprise. Their story, which has never been verified and was ignored by all other news outlets with real integrity, was pointed to by some twitter users as if it were fact. Because it was unsubstantiated and contained malicious content Twitter, another private enterprise was under no obligation to accept it as fact. The NY Post was not involved.

Please point to Twitter's terms of service stating they are open to all viewpoints regardless of ideology or basis in fact.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

The NY Post is a private enterprise. Their story, which has never been verified and was ignored by all other news outlets with real integrity, was pointed to by some twitter users as if it were fact. Because it was unsubstantiated and contained malicious content Twitter, another private enterprise was under no obligation to accept it as fact.

Please point to Twitter's terms of service stating they are open to all viewpoints regardless of ideology or basis in fact.
    Are you kidding me? They've been asserting this in government hearings and everywhere else. Their excuse for suppressing the NY Post story was that it "violated the hacked materials policy", which was laughable. In fact, they violated their own supposed standard by allowing news stories about Trump's stolen tax returns.

Comments

splitthis:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

The NY Post is a private enterprise. Their story, which has never been verified and was ignored by all other news outlets with real integrity, was pointed to by some twitter users as if it were fact. Because it was unsubstantiated and contained malicious content Twitter, another private enterprise was under no obligation to accept it as fact.

Are you kidding me? They've been asserting this in government hearings and everywhere else. Their excuse for suppressing the NY Post story was that it "violated the hacked materials policy", which was laughable. In fact, they violated their own supposed standard by allowing news stories about Trump's stolen tax returns.
    The part that you won't address is they don't need a reason. It's theirs. You don't have any rights above theirs.

Even if this is all a left wing conspiracy no court will overturn it. No rights have been violated.
    Your first amendment rights are not all powerful. Your second amendment rights are not all powerful.
    Just ask the TSA before your next flight

Why are not not whining about every major news outlet who passed on this story. They have reputations to uphold. Unlike the NY Post, a joke paper. It's a tabloid. Twitter is not a news outlet regardless of what you think. It's chat app.

Comments

nunbeater: guy's on fire
    Last edited by limitles; 02-09-2021 at 10:29 PM.

Load Metric
    bro if I own a printing press I don't have to give press to anyone. The thing is you are free to start your own printing press and disseminate whatever you so please. You're not being censored.

Trump could have easily refuted the story about his tax returns by releasing his real tax returns. Why did that not happen?

Just because the insurrectionists didn't have the capability to overthrow the government doesn't excuse the fact that they attempted to do so.

Load Metric
    bro if I own a printing press I don't have to give press to anyone. The thing is you are free to start your own printing press and disseminate whatever you so please. You're not being censored.

Trump could have easily refuted the story about his tax returns by releasing his real tax returns. Why did that not happen?

Just because the insurrectionists didn't have the capability to overthrow the government doesn't excuse the fact that they attempted to do so.
    bUt ThE iNsURRecTIoNiStS

lol what a huge faggot you must be irl

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post

bUt ThE iNsURRecTIoNiStS

lol what a huge faggot you must be irl
    Im oNlY lIKe 50% fAggIT

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

This isn't a printing press matter. Newspapers can be as biased as they want, because they are publishers and have to stand by everything written on their platform -- and suffer the consequences for it.

Twitter and Facebook are big public squares which posture as such, and swear there is no bias. They do this so they can enjoy the Section 230 protections, which are not extended to publishers. They want the ability to censor ideologically, but the legal protections to where they're not responsible for content on their site. It's really dirty and dishonest.

It's not like Twitter is saying, "Yeah, we're on the left, and yeah, we don't want right wing speech here. Go elsewhere if you don't like it."

Instead, they are feigning neutrality, and claim to be on the side of "the truth". They claim all the censorship & warning lables are simply "preventing misinformation", when that's all demonstrably bullshit.

Again, not a single warning label has been placed on left wing tweets, and not a single left wing tweet has been removed for violating misinformation policy.

Oh, and the "fact checkers" don't employ a single person right of center, and we're supposed to be totally cool with that.

So sure, keep making excuses as to why your side can keep censoring right wing material. Just know that you support news censorship and suppression.

Comments

splitthis:

Load Metric
    Fuck censoring. I’m for putting probably 65% of Trump supporters in camps. Full on cult deprogramming. Forget letting them have free speech until they’re sane. They’re just tarding up other morons who may be violent even if they aren’t.

This Trump populism is more dangerous than all terrorist organizations ever combined and anything on the left ever has been. What it could potentially become. These are minimum hundreds of thousands out of 75 million people full blown mentally ill who are potentially violent and I’m being conservative.

ISIS couldn’t take over the US either, but unless you fully support them being able to openly recruit on Twitter, this shit is 1000 times more dangerous and next door to me.

That’s not to say the right has ever been more dangerous in the past, nor is it saying it will be in the future. I have no idea. It’s hard to project, but I think the left might be more dangerous to domestic stability if you take Trump and their freakish love of conspiracy theories out of the equation, and the women are the worst. I am literally surrounded by idiots like split who fell for that save the children angle of Q hook, line, and sinker and blather on about nonsensical shit. The men are fags also, but they think they’re all patriots and constitutional scholars and have their faggot 1776 Facebook memes when they’re pudgy high school educated losers who have never read a book start to finish and couldn’t pass a freshman level government course, but are occasionally ok if you can get them on a subject like sports or anything else.

This Trump cult is a unique one off brand of idiocy that makes me long for the dorky tax cut conservatives again and want to hug them and tell them I miss them.

So you can take every left person who so much as throws a rock and put them in a camp as far as I’m concerned also. Anyone who wants to use a different pronoun. They’re just far less frightening as they are just annoying as as fuck, they don’t have an artillery depot in their basement.

The Trump cult is a unique and dangerous one off that Republicans are finding it almost impossible to extricate themselves from because it’s a cult of personality where 65% of 75 million people are more loyal to him than party. And he’s a mentally ill narcissist. And they are becoming just as nuts as he is with the constantly shifting goalposts. Oh they disagree with Trump, they’re part of the cabal now also.

Imagine if Maryland and DC didn’t have the strictest gun laws. Imagine they were open carry states. It would have been astounding. I wish they were open carry, because this movement would be fucking over as Trump would be hung like Hussein after thousands of deaths and we could moved forward.

Comments

splitthis: Idiot

mickeycrimm: FASCIST

PROUDBOY MAGA 2024: Bozo

dwai: lol drug addict

v12cl: lay off the coke

Muck Ficon: This site is now Druff's right wing echo chamber

Load Metric

This isn't a printing press matter. Newspapers can be as biased as they want, because they are publishers and have to stand by everything written on their platform -- and suffer the consequences for it.

Twitter and Facebook are big public squares which posture as such, and swear there is no bias. They do this so they can enjoy the Section 230 protections, which are not extended to publishers. They want the ability to censor ideologically, but the legal protections to where they're not responsible for content on their site. It's really dirty and dishonest.

It's not like Twitter is saying, "Yeah, we're on the left, and yeah, we don't want right wing speech here. Go elsewhere if you don't like it."

Instead, they are feigning neutrality, and claim to be on the side of "the truth". They claim all the censorship & warning lables are simply "preventing misinformation", when that's all demonstrably bullshit.

Again, not a single warning label has been placed on left wing tweets, and not a single left wing tweet has been removed for violating misinformation policy.

Oh, and the "fact checkers" don't employ a single person right of center, and we're supposed to be totally cool with that.

So sure, keep making excuses as to why your side can keep censoring right wing material. Just know that you support news censorship and suppression.
    what is this public squares malarkey? These are all private enterprises. fact checkers probably don't hire right wingers in order to maintain accuracy

Gold
    Load Metric
    https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1359315233379123203

So apparently it is Trump's fault that black people beat up on Asians in Democratic run cities. Glad we have AOC to clear that up for us.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Fuck censoring. I’m for putting probably 65% of Trump supporters in camps. Full on cult deprogramming. Forget letting them have free speech until they’re sane. They’re just tarding up other morons who may be violent even if they aren’t.

This Trump populism is more dangerous than all terrorist organizations ever combined and anything on the left ever has been. What it could potentially become. These are minimum hundreds of thousands out of 75 million people full blown mentally ill who are potentially violent and I’m being conservative.

ISIS couldn’t take over the US either, but unless you fully support them being able to openly recruit on Twitter, this shit is 1000 times more dangerous and next door to me.

That’s not to say the right has ever been more dangerous in the past, nor is it saying it will be in the future. I have no idea. It’s hard to project, but I think the left might be more dangerous to domestic stability if you take Trump and their freakish love of conspiracy theories out of the equation, and the women are the worst. I am literally surrounded by idiots like split who fell for that save the children angle of Q hook, line, and sinker and blather on about nonsensical shit. The men are fags also, but they think they’re all patriots and constitutional scholars and have their faggot 1776 Facebook memes when they’re pudgy high school educated losers who have never read a book start to finish and couldn’t pass a freshman level government course, but are occasionally ok if you can get them on a subject like sports or anything else.

This Trump cult is a unique one off brand of idiocy that makes me long for the dorky tax cut conservatives again and want to hug them and tell them I miss them.

So you can take every left person who so much as throws a rock and put them in a camp as far as I’m concerned also. Anyone who wants to use a different pronoun. They’re just far less frightening as they are just annoying as as fuck, they don’t have an artillery depot in their basement.

The Trump cult is a unique and dangerous one off that Republicans are finding it almost impossible to extricate themselves from because it’s a cult of personality where 65% of 75 million people are more loyal to him than party. And he’s a mentally ill narcissist. And they are becoming just as nuts as he is with the constantly shifting goalposts. Oh they disagree with Trump, they’re part of the cabal now also.

Imagine if Maryland and DC didn’t have the strictest gun laws. Imagine they were open carry states. It would have been astounding. I wish they were open carry, because this movement would be fucking over as Trump would be hung like Hussein after thousands of deaths and we could moved forward.
    Boom.

No one here is pro-censorship and everyone hates antifa.

Druff's pet red herrings may have legs on his Facebook groups but are seen for what they are here.

All for the continued amplification of Majorie Taylor Greene, Trump etc. Let the incels continue to rage about AOC.

Team Retard deserves nothing but full and total annihilation and we're seeing it happen in real time.

Comments

splitthis: Double idiot

mickeycrimm: Team woketard deserves total annihilation

Muck Ficon:
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    lol nap it out bitches

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

bcrBITCH, you are one sicko fascist. Get help for your mental illness.
    POKER FAG ALERT! FOR BLOW JOB SEE SLOPPY JOE THE TRANNIE HO.

Load Metric

what is this public squares malarkey? These are all private enterprises. fact checkers probably don't hire right wingers in order to maintain accuracy
    Ever heard of ANTI-TRUST? Monopolies that go against the interests of the american people have been broken up before. Big tech needs to be broken up.

You libtard idiots keep on with this private enterprise argument that big tech has a right. But you fucktard idiots prosecuted a baker for refusing to bake a goddam cake for a gay wedding. Where was your "private enterprise" argument then? You fucktard wokes hounded the guy to death.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: correct, so now live with the results

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post

Ever heard of ANTI-TRUST? Monopolies that go against the interests of the american people have been broken up before. Big tech needs to be broken up.

You libtard idiots keep on with this private enterprise argument that big tech has a right. But you fucktard idiots prosecuted a baker for refusing to bake a goddam cake for a gay wedding. Where was your "private enterprise" argument then? You fucktard wokes hounded the guy to death.
    lol at you calling us fucktard idiots that "prosecuted a baker for refusing to bake a goddamn cake for a gay wedding" holy fuck you seriously cannot be that dense? no one prosecuted anyone for refusing to bake a cake for a gay wedding. The decision of the court was actually that the bakery did NOT have to bake a cake for the gay wedding as the business owner had a right to conduct business with whoever they wanted to , or didn't want to in this case, if they so wished. That's actually bad for your argument, since again, private businesses do not have to give people a platform for their message.

Load Metric

lol at you calling us fucktard idiots that "prosecuted a baker for refusing to bake a goddamn cake for a gay wedding" holy fuck you seriously cannot be that dense? no one prosecuted anyone for refusing to bake a cake for a gay wedding. The decision of the court was actually that the bakery did NOT have to bake a cake for the gay wedding as the business owner had a right to conduct business with whoever they wanted to , or didn't want to in this case, if they so wished. That's actually bad for your argument, since again, private businesses do not have to give people a platform for their message.
    The faggots, and the authorities, that sued had a thousand other bakeries to go to. But, no, they had to maliciously prosecute that one baker. Thats how you fascist woketard idiots operate. Then you have the nerve to say a monopoly doesn't have to serve people it doesn't want to. Fuck off and die, morons.

Load Metric

The faggots, and the authorities, that sued had a thousand other bakeries to go to. But, no, they had to maliciously prosecute that one baker. Thats how you fascist woketard idiots operate. Then you have the nerve to say a monopoly doesn't have to serve people it doesn't want to. Fuck off and die, morons.
    So much anger coarsing through those veins. All the cold, lonely nights in motels staring up at stained ceilings must take their toll.

Good for us all that you can't walk or afford guns. You MAGAcucks need to simmer down.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Thread Information