Thread: Druff you drive a Beamer。Get at least a GD omega you motherfucker

Druff you drive a Beamer。Get at least a GD omega you motherfucker

I just cannot take it any more. Step up your watch game! I will be watching and advising and I am tired of seeing a man of your intellect and physical stature strut around like jethro bodine at the Sea Ment farm. God dammitngetatimepiecethatmatters

#molah #veryspensive #straightouttagalleriaoivey

Load Metric
    Druff did stare at my Rolex with envy.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    i have a few watches that are german made and fricker cased. thing is 44mm is too motherfkn gansta and looks dopey. i still try to tell myself its a tactical look and wear it....and maybe when i was 20/30ish it was okay..............but now feel like fool rocking it w/ a 6.5 wrist now

even 42mm just doesn't look right.

i do like the new omega 1957 reissue..i like them more than the heartless chit rolex puts out. rolex subs cost 3500 back around y2k..nw those fuckers are 9k.....no thanks

i may have to get one of these. but i have like 30 watches......and i would have to sell off some

Name:  Omega-1957-Trilogy-Seamaster-300-1.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  290.8 KB
    Last edited by mulva; 06-29-2018 at 03:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    i have a few watches that are german made and fricker cased. thing is 44mm is too motherfkn gansta and looks dopey. i still try to tell myself its a tactical look and wear it....and maybe when i was 20/30ish it was okay..............but now feel like fool rocking it w/ a 6.5 wrist now

i do like the new omega 1957 reissue..i like them more than the heartless chit rolex puts out. rolex subs cost 3500 back around y2k..nw those fuckers are 9k.....no thanks

i may have to get one of these. but i have like 30 watches......and i would have to sell off some

That’s a nice choice there. I am still on a wait list for a hulk. The rumor is they will discontinue this model.

Load Metric
    I'm close to pulling the trigger on an Omega. I am considering this one used https://www.thewatchbox.com/shop/pre...-42-21-06-003/

I also like the Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, particularly the 60th anniversary released last year. https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/om...on-introducing

Load Metric

I’ve never really been a watch guy but I like that one. I’ve thought of buying something decent lately. I really like the look of that one. What does that run? And my friends who are watch guys always say you buy a Rolex and sell it for what you paid for it 15 years later. Is that true of Omega and other luxury watch brands? I really don’t know shit. Which brands hold their value the best and are under $10k?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post
    I'm close to pulling the trigger on an Omega. I am considering this one used https://www.thewatchbox.com/shop/pre...-42-21-06-003/

I also like the Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, particularly the 60th anniversary released last year. https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/om...on-introducing
    those 57 reissues are all nice. i need to move a few to buy 1. i have too many watches that i can't enjoy them all. when your at 30 you have a problem, and my sales have been a lil stagnant. but i can't stop buying. i'm hoping i grow to dislike this 57's. i remember when the planet ocean came out..i had to have it.....i ddn't buy it and thankfully so. then the spectre and similar version came out...i had to have it......but i didn;t pull the trigger on that one. i still like it.....and now the 57 i have to have.......lol
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric

those 57 reissues are all nice. i need to move a few to buy 1. i have too many watches that i can't enjoy them all. when your at 30 you have a problem, and my sales have been a lil stagnant. but i can't stop buying. i'm hoping i grow to dislike this 57's. i remember when the planet ocean came out..i had to have it.....i ddn't buy it and thankfully so. then the spectre and similar version came out...i had to have it......but i didn;t pull the trigger on that one. i still like it.....and now the 57 i have to have.......lol
    It's an addiction no doubt so I always buy my watches used. Do you buy new or used? Watchuwant.com has been reliable for used sales, where do you get yours?

What other brands are you into?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    i try and buy vintage but i buy recent releases as well. most of the time preowned...watchrecon and ebay mostly.

there's a really good deal i was going to post in druff thread.

new alpina seastrong heritage compressor for 599 is great deal on the bay.....this is a 1k watch on the grey market. and 1300-1800 retail. i don't think this price is a new low standard, even though oris/alpina are all over the place in pricing. i just bought it and it's a lil too big @ 42mm and elegant for me. i can pull it off but, ehhhhh. i just know it's not me. i should be able to flip it for profit once the stock on the bay vanishes. it's an outstanding deal

https://www.fratellowatches.com/alpi...-hands-review/

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Alpina-Seas...4AAOSwfRlbMERz

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

I’ve never really been a watch guy but I like that one. I’ve thought of buying something decent lately. I really like the look of that one. What does that run? And my friends who are watch guys always say you buy a Rolex and sell it for what you paid for it 15 years later. Is that true of Omega and other luxury watch brands? I really don’t know shit. Which brands hold their value the best and are under $10k?
    To sell a Rolex at the same value as you purchased, it better be somewhat rare or in absolutely mint condition. Rolex definitely hold their value better than Omega's but Omega's are solid as well. I think Omega watches are better value for the money.

Go to watchuwant.com and have a look at the Omega's, you can get a really nice seamaster for under 4k USD. If you're just buying one watch the Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch is what you want in my opinion. Other than the Rolex Submariner it might be the most iconic watch out there (in a reasonable price range) and it looks great. Omega was the first watch on the moon so if you have a son and are passing it down as a heirloom it's a very cool story as well.

Under 10k I think Omega and Tudor are the best choices. Tudor is the sister brand to Rolex, exteriors are exactly the same but mechanics inside not to the same standard. Still a kick ass mechanical watch. You're always going to do well buying an Omega under 10k, tons of history and solid designs.other brands to consider are Breitling and Grand Seiko.

https://www.gentlemansgazette.com/ch...aph-explained/ - some good info here on chronographs and a neat story about Omega's and why they are so iconic.

Comments

BCR: Thx. I’ll check that site out
    Last edited by peter mcneil; 07-01-2018 at 09:57 PM.

Load Metric
    i try and buy vintage but i buy recent releases as well. most of the time preowned...watchrecon and ebay mostly.

there's a really good deal i was going to post in druff thread.

new alpina seastrong heritage compressor for 599 is great deal on the bay.....this is a 1k watch on the grey market. and 1300-1800 retail. i don't think this price is a new low standard, even though oris/alpina are all over the place in pricing. i just bought it and it's a lil too big @ 42mm and elegant for me. i can pull it off but, ehhhhh. i just know it's not me. i should be able to flip it for profit once the stock on the bay vanishes. it's an outstanding deal

https://www.fratellowatches.com/alpi...-hands-review/

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Alpina-Seas...4AAOSwfRlbMERz
    Have you had good luck buying on the grey market? I've heard it can be very hit and miss. That Alpina is a good looking watch. How big is your wrist? What size do you prefer?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I actually have an Omega for obvious reasons as well as a sieko chronograph and a g shock..

I once knew this old Jew who owned a dozen buildings in Manhattan..

He was in his 90,s and a wheelchair and would argue literally over five cents ..05cents.

The waiter used a hand written check and put the tax down as 70cents and he spent 10 minutes of my life insisting it was .65cents..

I wouldn't budge because u can't with those people. I refuse too!!!

His healthcare lady said "I will pay it". AND HE LET HER!!!

I politely refused the .05 from the worker AND didn't charge her for the ice coffee she wanted to go(2.25) BUT I WASNT LETTING THAT MOTHERFUCKRR OFF FOR A PENNY..

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    A lot of very educated Jews very wealthy Jews would come to the restaurant like a bunch of white trash wild gypsy banshees.

Couldnt argue enough always looking for free food.. they literally would make waitresses run into the kitchen crying.

They would come for the lunch speacial or early bird and complain about this and that and want a little extra on the side with this and that and share plates and turn an $8 speacial into a meal for two and still complain while keeping the table for hours. Fucken animals.

On the other hand, we had an elderly German gentleman who was over 6 foot and was still a good looking vibrant man who was always polite and impecably dressed and tiped well and was just a class act. Never wanted anything special or made any fuss
    He was a Nazi Sargent who spent 5 years in a Yugoslavian jail after the war. GO FIGURE?!?!

I would have put those motherfuckers in an oven too.

Load Metric
    Mulva, which grey market site do you buy from? Jomashop?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    if you're going to spend 5-10k on watch you'll have plenty of top notch choices both pre-owned and new. you have to ask yourself what is the most important thing to you. do you want it to be an investment that you will wear and will go up in value? or do you want new and something that you like and don't necessarily care if it goes up that much as long as you don't lose your shirt?

Mulva, which grey market site do you buy from? Jomashop?
    i've purchased from both ashford and joma and returned watches without a problem. mind you i haven't bought anything around 5k but i would use either in a heartbeat. it's a pretty substantial discount rather than going through an AD.

Thread Information