I was a Mac guy forever, and recently made a switch to Dell XPS 15. It's supposed to be among the best business laptops today, I got it with the 1 TB HD and it was like 1950 for the brand new (cheaper for refurbished) after applying the 12% coupon they have on Dell Outlet. I made the change after getting into a huge argument with some Mac store manager, because he wouldn't release my order after his incompetent employee double charged me and wouldn't even provide a confirmation of refund. It's the store in Manhattan Beach, CA and the mother fucker looks like a fire crotch with brown hair and extremely stretched eyes. Just repeated for like an hour that I need to wait for my 4000 to come back on my account because Apple doesn't screw people over like that. Ended up waiting from Friday to Tuesday for the money to show up..

Anyway, I like Dell XPS 15. It's got the touch screen which I don't really use, and with the RAM and HD upgrade it's basically a tank. If you're more into gaming, Alienware might be very reasonable at this price range.