Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: march madness picks upsets and deep sleepers

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    just watch FGCU and GM highlights..lol

does arizona have such a shit defense that buffalo can match hoops with them? maybe? danny hurley wins this game then takes over as UCONN head coach.

kentucky is shitting their pants...they should be in where tenn is....how much of a reach would it be to have UK and Ariz upset. davidson is solid

shit..i think upenn has a shot to beat kansas. i don't think there has ever been a 1 seed favorite by only 14..even if they get by them seton hall can give kansas all they want. KU is ripe for defeat imo

i wouldn'nt bet any favorite in the 1st round of games....ohio state can burn your money as well
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    bblooking @ the 3 seeds they all seems strong defensively..many will pick mich st, followed by mich, but will ignore tenn, and txtech.

athletic defensive teams w/ strong PG play. who are they?

is there any other scenario other than gonzaga/unc matchup down the road....i know u can;t feel that confident w/ mich and xavier

maybe i should re-think michigan. they seem to be really deep and get scoring from everyone..not to mention play nice defense. i guess i'm really just a big 10 racist..and these mich players where those short shorts
    Last edited by mulva; 03-12-2018 at 02:41 PM.
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    The #1 most likely to fall early is Xavier. Mizzou has a legit shot of knocking them off in the 2nd round behind the Porter duo. Consensus #1 overall pick this year Michael Porter Jr played one game. He is back and ready to show out.

Kansas always seems to find a way to fuck things up too. Seton Hall is a good team
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Silver
    Load Metric
    I always thought the play-in games were to determine the last teams to get in...i.e. to be one of the 16 seeds. Why is UCLA as an 11 seed in a playin game?

Load Metric
    Go HERD

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hutmaster View Post
    I always thought the play-in games were to determine the last teams to get in...i.e. to be one of the 16 seeds. Why is UCLA as an 11 seed in a playin game?

The tournament has 32 conference champions that receive automatic bids and a committee selects the other 36 teams. The four worst conference champions and four worst committee picks play in the play in games.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hutmaster View Post
    all the small conferences who are always going to be 16 seeds got pissed and complained so they changed it to a combo of 4 16 seeds playing each other and 4 11 seeds playing each other...the 11 seeds to play in the play in game are the last 4 at large teams in the field...

Load Metric
    edit. i'm an idiot who didn't read
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    Pro tip: If your friend asks you for an upset pick text back SD State so you have two chances.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I am bullish on Loyola CHicago ...taking them +1.5 on Thursday
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    #16 Penn over Kansas

stayfocus#
    TRUMP 2024!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizzmoney View Post
    I am bullish on Loyola CHicago ...taking them +1.5 on Thursday

Naw. Lonnie Walker and them Miami niggas are gonna show those Zesta crackers what it's like to get cucked.

Paid Players 76
    Rich Parents 61

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It's always been a problem for the little guy and mid majors getting dodged by the big conference teams when trying to schedule to play them.

One thing that has helped this issue is the early season tournaments they have in a set destination so the little guy isn't forced to always play a road game versus teams like North Carolina, Kansas,etc. who are never going to travel to play in some mutt shop gym these schools have that has a couple thousand seats.

More early season non conference tournaments with a mixture of schools of various conferences is what they need more of otherwise this problem won't go away.

USC did get snubbed and Saint Marys played too many scrubs with no really good wins on their resume except beating the Zags.

Big Ten only got 4 teams this year and all of them (not likely osu as much) have a legitimate chance of making at least the elite 8.

A lot of these basketball analysts are taking MSU to go all the way but if that happens it would be something else because their path is probably as tough as it gets.

Virginia has obviously looked strong and #1 for a reason but on paper before this starts it's as wide of an open field as we've seen in a long time.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    #16 Penn over Kansas

stayfocus#
    it prolly won't happen, but it's really not that far fetched.

i guess we will see what ucla is about tonight..as much many think ucla will win i'm not so sure about that.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    i've seen enuff in 5min watching UCLA (up 7) that i won't be picking them vs florida who i don't know much about.

this team reminds me of wisconsin green bay or a very bad version of gonzaga. where is the athleticism?
    Last edited by mulva; 03-13-2018 at 06:06 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    i knew st bonnies was solid but i had no idea where to put UCLA on the spectrum. plenty has been answered in the 1st half imo

i almost hope ucla wins. it makes picking FLA so easy..if the bonnies win it will be harder for the gators

this doesn't bode well for ariz and ASU imo......this UCLA team lost to ariz in OT last time out....lol

watching the bonnies put a zone vs them UCLA hasn't made a shit in 6 minutes...st bonny up 5 at half and they sucked shooting the ball as well

.lol...ASU won;t break 50 vs syracuse..
    Last edited by mulva; 03-13-2018 at 06:09 PM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    A10 never gets any respect...not saying top to bottom theyre world beaters, but there are at least 3-4 teams every year in that league that can make some noise in the tourney...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    A10 never gets any respect...not saying top to bottom theyre world beaters, but there are at least 3-4 teams every year in that league that can make some noise in the tourney...
    it was frikken scary how much better st bonnie was. ucla had little. and if it weren't for some nba 3's and an absolute shit show for SBU shooting it wouldn't have been close

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    i want to go on record saying that i crushed syracuse last night. ..

hate to be w/ the masses on a dog, which i don't like but go loy chi...and i will be betting providence ML as well with patches mcCooleyName:  screen-shot-2013-01-26-at-4-05-47-pm.png
Views: 119
Size:  185.2 KB

and who doesn't like watching this dude sweat just sitting down

either nova or purdue seems like a lock for the final 4. how many people do you think will pick purdue?,....not nearly as much as the odds should say they have a chance

i have deep runs for seton hall, tex/loy chi...each/or with 3 wins in different pools

Load Metric
    Syracuse is really good value in the brackets. Game is close to 50/50, but almost everybody who filled in their bracket before today probably took TCU because it was a play-in game and people tend to not take the play-in team
    TRUMP 2024!

Thread Information