Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: this is global poker in a nutshell

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    this is what global does. down to 11 players

in bb with 7600 chips..around 5bb..look down @ Kh 8d..can't remember if 1 other peep limped

in this spot i could shove with this and...it's standard but i know i'm getting a call from a limper and prolly sb as well who had almost 5x my stack size.

i just check

flop come Ks 9s 8h

i check and then will check raise villain (he has 30k chips) all in once he bets flop..(essentially i get greedy and want max value while making sure i'm goot)

he checks..lol

turn brings Jc

somewhat scary but i min raise lead out for 3200. almost half my stack. could easily shove here..i now have 4400 behind..pot is 10k

he flats...i still think i'm ahead here.

river brings 7s

river completes the flush and straight...mother fucker!!!!!........ i don't put him on a flush but he very easily could have a T and most likely does

i check the river and he bets the river and puts me all in

i think a lot and go into time bank...thinking how many times i fucked this hand up in most normal poker scenarios....i muck,,,....lol..and at global there is no normal poker scenarios...just (fuck you pay me, run you down to chinatown) i think i made the right call as well....thing is, even if i shove earlier in the hand he's calling at prolly every street here except for maybe preflop..which was an option of my as well. awful, awful, weak, bs..especially since my stack size was a joke as well..you can say almost every move i made was poor...and i won't argue with you....it was bad,..but in global pokers world of shit, with their pre-determined bs..it was the right move

think about it. almost every screen shot i post from grobul polka is how the turn and river run your ass down......i mean,..lol..why would this be any different?. look how they screw you...or want you to think you're screwed.

i was beaten here. i know it..you know it..and anyone that plays at grobul polka knows it...

Name:  this_is_what_they_do.png
Views: 435
Size:  1.38 MB

but...keep following this..it has a good ending

after that fold i was able to make the final table with 2bb and close to 4k in chips

was down to 1.5bb and i picked up JJ with 3100 chips sitting in 9th position. i triple up as i hit a set and boat...beat AJ and TT

after that i kept chipping up playing great poker.

finally got down to HU and i was 2-1 against in stack size. i waited him out, frustrated him and he got it in bad on both showdowns and i ended up winning this.

remember. i had 1.5bb with 9 players left in this..and if i didn't make that fold i would have had my 3rd consecutive min cash in as many games..finishing 9/9/11

Comments

Sanlmar: 1 of my favorite threads.
    Last edited by mulva; 10-05-2018 at 01:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yeah man..

I occasionally play on bol just too sharpen my skills and too break up the rut I might be in..

Of course I get the occasional bad beat but I'm never scared to death when I flop a good pair or set..

But On global, lol... I just hold on too my ankles and grin.. I know I'm about too facilitate someone's elses pleasure.

But I'm still a Fanboy..

On a sid note:
    When I click on an video ad to get some free "Mana" or "resource" in a video game... Global now has actual commercial,s makeing the rounds..

I'm impressed, at least there active in getting and maintaining a rec/donk player base.. THAT COMPENSATE,S A LOT for the occasional forced sodomy.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    meanwhile, back at the halls of injustice.

1st game since binking tourney with 1.5bb left

had to lay down a boat in a previous level.

then this.

Name:  1st_game_back.png
Views: 361
Size:  1.35 MB
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    a few hands that are worthy of discussion

i had 9 4

Name:  daily_beating_wit_AA.png
Views: 396
Size:  1.39 MB

all i had to do is keep calling

Name:  i_had_KTo.png
Views: 367
Size:  1.51 MB

in the bb. get an open ended draw and hit it on the turn.

fuck you pay me

Name:  i_lold.png
Views: 386
Size:  1.40 MB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    gettig ready for another deep run. these fuckers are bad.

from top 5 chips to out in 15th in 2 hands.

so awesome. just anutta day at grobul polka

Name:  b2b1.png
Views: 371
Size:  1.51 MB

and fuck me up the ass to end it.

grobul delivers.

Name:  b2b2.png
Views: 369
Size:  1.50 MB

Name:  wil3.gif
Views: 339
Size:  997.2 KBName:  ghy.gif
Views: 338
Size:  1.75 MB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    getting ready to go to another final table. ...nope.....5 handed

only thing missing from this spread is two 3's. but that would be to obvious.......if he didn't have AA he would have had 2 spades

knew it was coming as well...

Name:  i_knew_it was_coming.png
Views: 387
Size:  1.41 MB

Name:  Liam-Neeson.gif
Views: 320
Size:  1.64 MB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    another big global poker fuck you.

immediately when i hit the 2 pair. i bet big on flop as well.

when i got 2 callers i knew i was going to lose.

there's no way you don't go broke or play this hand with kid gloves post flop. grobul polka knows this.

doesn't matter...fuck you. pay me

Name:  moar_bs_.png
Views: 337
Size:  1.42 MB
    Last edited by mulva; 10-14-2018 at 12:59 PM.

Load Metric
    I played on this site a while back, maybe a year ago. Probably deposited and lost $100 or so. Never thought anymore about it. I occassionally get free offers from them and shit. Today I noticed it was supposedly a $55 tourney ticket. I log on and sure enough its true. I hop in one. Im sitting about 20th with 60 left. Already cashed $70 or so. Hoping to bink $4000 on an unexpected free roll

Edit- fuck that site. Took sick beat after sick beat and out in 18th for $170. How do you cash out on this piece of shit site?
    Last edited by jsearles22; 10-16-2018 at 09:24 PM.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    another big global poker fuck you.

immediately when i hit the 2 pair. i bet big on flop as well.

when i got 2 callers i knew i was going to lose.

there's no way you don't go broke or play this hand with kid gloves post flop. grobul polka knows this.

doesn't matter...fuck you. pay me

Name:  moar_bs_.png
Views: 337
Size:  1.42 MB
    Dam..

The guy calls ur raise with A,4 hearts on that flop???

Always fucken happens, so called players going deep then they start calling bullshit and catching..

Side note..

Wtf Happened too the tournament schedule???

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    grobul polka is all about running you down or setting you up.

it's that simple. it's hard to define what they do or explain it, because it's just shots in the dark. but i stand by what i'e said about this place. it doesn't matter how big a fav you are

the software and card distribution is also a great equalizer to poker skill and talent here. throw in the quick levels and skill diminishes even more

nothing is transparent an you have no idea on how the hand served up

lol @ chalking it up to variance
    Last edited by mulva; 10-19-2018 at 01:42 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    my first game today. don't even think there will be a second one.

villain calls a 3 bet preflop.

obv we get it all in on flop...didn't take me long to lose wit AA or KK. you lose with them practically every mtt.

sop @ grobul.

Name:  nuttnucando.png
Views: 239
Size:  1.48 MB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

it's that simple. it's hard to define what they do or explain it, because it's just shots in the dark. but i stand by what i'e said about this place. it doesn't matter how big a fav you are

the software and card distribution is also a great equalizer to poker skill and talent here. throw in the quick levels and skill diminishes even more

Absolutely agree with u about card distribution, it just seems that good players going deep wouldNT go all in as chip leader looking for a runner runner or the magical river going against what's obviously a superior hand.....BUT THEY DO!!..AND GETTING IT.!!!!.. how the ruck did they make it that deep to begin with..

But in the ring games, there are enough fish to overcompensate for the rake and the off algorithm..

The tournament,s which I do enjoy also are just way way way way too fast . I hate long structure,s and environment,s absolutely geared proactively for the nit HUD grinder.

HOWEVER, these structure,s are insane at global even by my standards.. so believe me that's way too fast!!!! It's fucken keno, not poker...

I used too be strictly mtt as a player but global has flipped me on that..
    Last edited by thesparten; 10-20-2018 at 05:39 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesparten View Post

Absolutely agree with u about card distribution, it just seems that good players going deep wouldNT go all in as chip leader looking for a runner runner or the magical river going against what's obviously a superior hand.....BUT THEY DO!!..AND GETTING IT.!!!!.. how the ruck did they make it that deep to begin with..

But in the ring games, there are enough fish to overcompensate for the rake and the off algorithm..

The tournament,s which I do enjoy also are just way way way way too fast . I hate long structure,s and environment,s absolutely geared proactively for the nit HUD grinder.

HOWEVER, these structure,s are insane at global even by my standards.. so believe me that's way too fast!!!! It's fucken keno, not poker...

there's plenty of fish. but you still can't beat the rig.

here's the situation

un-raised pot look down see Qd Qc on button...i bring it for 3xbb to 900

sb fold bb flats

flop comes As 7d 9c

i c bet little more than half pot....villain flat calls again.

plz note villain has been playn chit cards

turn comes 8s...lol

villain checks again..i check back dead to Ax

rivers brings 10s..even bigger lol

now dead to Ax str8 and frush,..

obv he shoves on river...and i fold

ty grobul

garbage turn river all day every day

Name:  garbage.png
Views: 257
Size:  1.45 MB

Load Metric

there's plenty of fish. but you still can't beat the rig.

here's the situation

un-raised pot look down see Qd Qc on button...i bring it for 3xbb to 900

sb fold bb flats

flop comes As 7d 9c

i c bet little more than half pot....villain flat calls again.

plz note villain has been playn chit cards

turn comes 8s...lol

villain checks again..i check back dead to Ax

rivers brings 10s..even bigger lol

now dead to Ax str8 and frush,..

obv he shoves on river...and i fold

ty grobul

garbage turn river all day every day

Name:  garbage.png
Views: 257
Size:  1.45 MB

You need a mistress like you can find in in your local dungeon. You would get more enjoyment there then global. You need some physical gratification, enough with the psychological bullshit, step up your game you will be glad you did.

Comments

thesparten: Sound like it's worth a try
    Last edited by FRANKRIZZO; 10-21-2018 at 11:50 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yoooooooooo!!

I log on yesterday afternoon, playing distracted and lost..

Okay, no big deal .

I smoke a joint, put in druff/Alex/clyde, now I'm in the groove.

I get A,J suited(clubs)............ first hand..

Pre flop raise.

EVERYONE folds but one.

The flop is k,10,6 of clubs..

Oh shucks, I floped a nut flush..

Jerk goes in nice and hefty,,

I go all in(snap call)..

Dick calls....

He had 10,6 suited (D)..

THE TURN IS A 10!!!.

now boys and girls, this is a valid winning poker hand and thes things do happen and given that most people are vulnerable to selective memory..

BUT I KNEW IT, I JUST KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!
    it's a global thing, lol.......

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yoooooooooo!!

I log on yesterday afternoon, playing distracted and lost..

Okay, no big deal .

I smoke a joint, put in druff/Alex/clyde, now I'm in the groove.

I get A,J suited(clubs)............ first hand..

Pre flop raise.

EVERYONE folds but one.

The flop is k,10,6 of clubs..

Oh shucks, I floped a nut flush..

Jerk goes in nice and hefty,,

I go all in(snap call)..

Dick calls....

He had 10,6 suited (D)..

THE TURN IS A 10!!!.

now boys and girls, this is a valid winning poker hand and thes things do happen and given that most people are vulnerable to selective memory..

BUT I KNEW IT, I JUST KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!
    it's a global thing, lol.......
    it's amazing wut peeps call with.

then the post flop machine runs down the best hand.

100% not variance...

these post frop run outs are drawn from a handful live cards and obv not all potential outcomes....that or the winner was already determined before hand.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    out 1st orbit back from break.

all the levels b4 the break not 1 pp held at showdown

KK , QQ , TT, 99 and 44..all cracked.

i could add JJ to the list but KK beat that...complete joke

obv i 3 bet all in and get a caller behind me.

rest is history. standard outcome..every mtt ..lol @ pp

Name:  pp_lol2.png
Views: 217
Size:  1.47 MB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    3 games today. no cashes.

here is the last games back to back hands send me packing.

Name:  lovelyb2b.png
Views: 213
Size:  1.48 MB

Name:  lovelyb2bb.png
Views: 183
Size:  1.52 MB

have a few random hands from the other 2 tournies that need to be posted

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    random losers from yesterday

i have such a collection of them i don't even remember if i posted them or not

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    okay..1st game today.

look at this hand. i time out with AA

obv finish 3rd

Name:  lol_i_time_out_wit_AA.png
Views: 198
Size:  1.53 MB

not to be outdone later on, if i stayed in pot....

look at this

Name:  i_had_a2dd_here.png
Views: 189
Size:  1.46 MB

make it to final table. have a nice sack

one hand later KK in the sb. you obv know wut's going to happen here.

fold to button he min raises..i shove 50k in chips...get an instacall

fuck you pay me..wut sucks is half of final table had shit stack size

all grobul polka does is set you up or run you down.

Name:  settn_u_up_again_.png
Views: 191
Size:  1.50 MB

Thread Information