Thread: detroit lions owner bribes players to stand for national anthem

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

detroit lions owner bribes players to stand for national anthem

lol..only matter of time until owners feel the pocketbook pinch. i wonder which one of her advisors came up this

Name:  frrr.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  51.0 KB

Detroit Lions owner Martha Ford asked her players to not kneel for the national anthem. She did not threaten to fire anyone who did.
    Ford offered a solution that seemed fair to all sides. The Detroit Free Press said in a meeting with players she asked them to not kneel and offered to “donate both money and her name to community issues at the heart of the players’ cause.”
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    seems awfully close to violating the salary cap imo. wouldn't be surprised to see goodell step in

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    seems awfully close to violating the salary cap imo. wouldn't be surprised to see goodell step in
    I don't think that's anything the league would stop this year, as long as none of the charities are player-affiliated. If the players get them to donate to known legitimate 3rd parties, the PR hit wouldn't be worth the price, since all the players are already signed and nobody's making new contractual bullshit at this time. They'd just address it in the off-season meetings, one way or another.

edit: on 2nd thought, NFL often fucks up these things PR-wise, so I guess I'm 50/50 on league intervention.

Banned
    Load Metric
    The lions who are owned by the Ford family have always been shy about public opinion. They were afraid having cheerleaders would negatively impact car sales which is why they never had them til the last few years. So this doesn't surprise me at all.

Load Metric
    As long as the players don't personally receive the donated cash/other asset/in kind service, it would not affect the salary cap. This offer is legally equivalent to the team owner offering to spend money on special facilities/services for the players to use.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    As long as the players don't personally receive the donated cash/other asset/in kind service, it would not affect the salary cap. This offer is legally equivalent to the team owner offering to spend money on special facilities/services for the players to use.
    maybe but not sure

if a player said "instead of salary, pay the United Way $100,000,000," i think that teams would go ballistic

per the NFL CBA: “Salary” means any compensation of money, property, investments, loans, or anything else of value that a Club pays to, or is obligated to pay to, a player or Player Affiliate, or is paid to a third party at the request of and for the benefit of a player or Player Affiliate, during a League Year, as calculated in accordance with the rules set forth in Article 13.

the question would be how "for the benefit of a player" is defined

Load Metric
    Hey nerd? great story

Diamond
    Load Metric

maybe but not sure

if a player said "instead of salary, pay the United Way $100,000,000," i think that teams would go ballistic

per the NFL CBA: “Salary” means any compensation of money, property, investments, loans, or anything else of value that a Club pays to, or is obligated to pay to, a player or Player Affiliate, or is paid to a third party at the request of and for the benefit of a player or Player Affiliate, during a League Year, as calculated in accordance with the rules set forth in Article 13.

This is exactly why NCAA athletes cant be financially tied to their own companies or use/incorporating their scholarship/college as a way of promoting a product they started.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    Hey nerd? great story
    says the guy that let chaps and his seattle defense win $109 in DFS yesterday

Comments

DJ_Chaps: SHOTSSSSS

Load Metric
    Rofl how dare you that wound is still fresh

Load Metric

maybe but not sure

Agreed re the question you raise.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post

Name:  442058e09fd15812394ec2ac87f83369--party-suits-zentai-suit.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  14.3 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by michael View Post
    fyp pal

Comments

michael: lol

Crowe Diddly: It's the yettay! rep

Load Metric
    lol..only matter of time until owners feel the pocketbook pinch. i wonder which one of her advisors came up this

Detroit Lions owner Martha Ford asked her players to not kneel for the national anthem. She did not threaten to fire anyone who did.
    Ford offered a solution that seemed fair to all sides. The Detroit Free Press said in a meeting with players she asked them to not kneel and offered to “donate both money and her name to community issues at the heart of the players’ cause.”
    Let me guess.

Antifa

BLM

New Black Panthers

Nation of Islam.

I can see this money going to good causes.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by michael View Post

Name:  442058e09fd15812394ec2ac87f83369--party-suits-zentai-suit.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  14.3 KB
    well done
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Thread Information