Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 102

Thread: Ben Shapiro on Joe Rogan

  1. #81
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    5139
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    36,215
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Ugh. Mumbles, every time you post a Young Turks video, I think, "I know this is going to be really awful, but I'll give it a chance, maybe they're making a reasonable point this time."

    Then I spend time watching the clip, and.... nope! Once again it's terrible.

    And by terrible I don't mean, "I disagree with it." I mean that the segment sucks, their points suck, the premise sucks, and it's not at all entertaining. Plus Anna Kasparian is very off-putting.

    In this case, they ramble on and on about Ben Shapiro's Daily Wire "violating Facebook terms of serivce". What?! That's now newsworthy on The Young Turks? Are they getting that desperate for content, where they're doing 8-minute segments about small ToS violations on other companies' websites?

    Laughably, when TYT thought they were really onto something and were going to bust Shapiro, they whined to Facebook, who then told them to GTFO and mind their own business. Basically it went like this:

    TYT: OMG OMG OMG!! We caught Ben Shapiro's people making 14 Facebook groups on your service which only exist to promote him! You should totally ban him because that's totally a ToS violation of your service! It's okay, you can thank us later for finding this.

    Facebook: Uhh... not really? Tons of companies do this and we haven't even decided yet if this actually violates our policies. We're going to revisit it next month and think about it again, but for right now, everything's fine.

    TYT: OMG OMG OMG scandal!!! Now we are going to expose how Facebook is actually conservative-friendly, not liberal-friendly! Huge story!


    So lame.

    News flash: Facebook is a shitty, exploitative, selfish company which cares about money over everything else. So yes, they are letting ANY company get away with making phony groups to promote themselves, so long as these companies are also spending advertising dollars on the platform. As long as Facebook stuffs dollars into their grimy pockets, they don't really care which political party they're helping. (They are left-biased when it comes to matters which don't affect them financially, however.)

    Anyway, this detail about Facebook worshiping the altar of the almighty dollar has been known for years. TYT is turning this into an "OMG Facebook is actually conservative-biased so the right claiming they're victimized by Big Tech is total BS" moment, and once again they are totally misunderstanding what's going on and how Facebook operates.
    I love how you defend Ben Shapiro’s website doing shady self-promotion because “[t]ons of companies do this”. Yet, you are super quick to criticize any shady shit a politician or “lefty” you don’t like engages in. Way to ethically “fair and balanced”.
    As much as I hate defending Facebook, I will say that they are the ones who determine what constitutes spam on their own platform, and what is the proper use for Facebook Groups.

    If they're okay with paid advertisers also making some Facebook Groups backdoor promoting themselves, then that should be the end of it.

    When it all comes down to it, all Shapiro's people are accused of doing is sneaking some extra marketing of themselves into Facebook Groups. If Facebook is okay with that (probably because Shapiro advertises there in a traditional fashion as well), then that's that. Even TYT admits that Facebook told them that this isn't currently against their rules.

    It's a non-story. Even if this were against Facebook rules and Facebook clamped down upon it, this would still be a non-story.

    OMG, Ben Shapiro's people made 14 conservative Facebook groups and promoted him! Stop the presses! Big scandal!

    Do you really think this was worth an 8-minute segment on TYT? They're really grasping at straws.

  2. #82
    100% Organic MumblesBadly's Avatar
    Reputation
    -82
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    In the many threads of this forum
    Posts
    7,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

    I love how you defend Ben Shapiro’s website doing shady self-promotion because “[t]ons of companies do this”. Yet, you are super quick to criticize any shady shit a politician or “lefty” you don’t like engages in. Way to ethically “fair and balanced”.
    As much as I hate defending Facebook, I will say that they are the ones who determine what constitutes spam on their own platform, and what is the proper use for Facebook Groups.

    If they're okay with paid advertisers also making some Facebook Groups backdoor promoting themselves, then that should be the end of it.

    When it all comes down to it, all Shapiro's people are accused of doing is sneaking some extra marketing of themselves into Facebook Groups. If Facebook is okay with that (probably because Shapiro advertises there in a traditional fashion as well), then that's that. Even TYT admits that Facebook told them that this isn't currently against their rules.

    It's a non-story. Even if this were against Facebook rules and Facebook clamped down upon it, this would still be a non-story.

    OMG, Ben Shapiro's people made 14 conservative Facebook groups and promoted him! Stop the presses! Big scandal!

    Do you really think this was worth an 8-minute segment on TYT? They're really grasping at straws.
    Why is it that you seem so quick to dismiss as trivial the ethically questionable behavior of someone who you like? And that of a self-identified belief-in-God-motivated public moralist?
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 11-07-2019 at 09:23 PM.
    _____________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    We have a horrible choice between a super-shady, self-serving, lying criminal (Hillary Clinton) and an emotionally-unbalanced, shoot-from-the-hip authoritarian who lacks the intellectual curiosity to even want to learn the complexities that come with running a major nation like the US (Donald Trump).

  3. #83
    Mumbles, I know this is a free speech forum, but could you dial down the anti-semitism?

     
    Comments
      
      MumblesBadly: LOL jab at someone who would heartily welcome Bernie Sanders becoming the first President of the United States!

  4. #84
    100% Organic MumblesBadly's Avatar
    Reputation
    -82
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    In the many threads of this forum
    Posts
    7,822
    Watch this to learn about Ben Shapiro's excellent debating techniques!


     
    Comments
      
      Onestep: on college campuses idiot, not in a professional environment
    _____________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    We have a horrible choice between a super-shady, self-serving, lying criminal (Hillary Clinton) and an emotionally-unbalanced, shoot-from-the-hip authoritarian who lacks the intellectual curiosity to even want to learn the complexities that come with running a major nation like the US (Donald Trump).

  5. #85
    Gold
    Reputation
    166
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,249
    Best is when clueless college kids call him a Nazi. I love when these kids get interviewed who are out protesting someone/something. The majority of the time they have no fucking clue what they’re protesting.

  6. #86
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    6125
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    27,813

     
    Comments
      
      MumblesBadly: Peak irony?
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs



    http://www.lolstockaments.com/

  7. #87
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    5139
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    36,215
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Do you really not understand the difference here?

    Ben presumably cancelled his SI subscription because of the leftist politics seeping into the sports articles. He didn't want to read about sports from a leftist slant, which is understandable.

    Chick-Fil-A had no known instances of discrimination against gays in its business practices. The ownership simply donated to Christian charities, some of which were unsupportive of gays and LGBT issues.

    Huge difference. One involved the politics affecting the product, and the other involved the product/service being apolitical, but people being pissed at the owners.

    Here's a simple example:

    Let's say a singer I like is a huge leftist and donates to a bunch of causes I hate. I would still go see his concerts, as long as politics stayed out of the performance.

    Let's say that same singer started ranting about Trump and performing anti-Republican songs at his concerts. Then I would stop going to his concerts.

  8. #88
    I cancelled my SI subscription after they put AOC on the cover. It was just too much

  9. #89
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    5139
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    36,215
    Blog Entries
    2
    For some reason, they screwed up the video editing, and you get to see Shapiro wiping his nose with a tissue and preparing to take a dignified pose to start the show.

    I don't think it was intentional, either.

    Weird.


  10. #90
    100% Organic MumblesBadly's Avatar
    Reputation
    -82
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    In the many threads of this forum
    Posts
    7,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

    I love how you defend Ben Shapiro’s website doing shady self-promotion because “[t]ons of companies do this”. Yet, you are super quick to criticize any shady shit a politician or “lefty” you don’t like engages in. Way to ethically “fair and balanced”.
    As much as I hate defending Facebook, I will say that they are the ones who determine what constitutes spam on their own platform, and what is the proper use for Facebook Groups.

    If they're okay with paid advertisers also making some Facebook Groups backdoor promoting themselves, then that should be the end of it.

    When it all comes down to it, all Shapiro's people are accused of doing is sneaking some extra marketing of themselves into Facebook Groups. If Facebook is okay with that (probably because Shapiro advertises there in a traditional fashion as well), then that's that. Even TYT admits that Facebook told them that this isn't currently against their rules.

    It's a non-story. Even if this were against Facebook rules and Facebook clamped down upon it, this would still be a non-story.

    OMG, Ben Shapiro's people made 14 conservative Facebook groups and promoted him! Stop the presses! Big scandal!

    Do you really think this was worth an 8-minute segment on TYT? They're really grasping at straws.
    It’s actually a big issue. The Daily Wire uses it’s 13 other Facebook pages to help push it to being among the top sites on the platform. And Facebook is even providing cover for The Daily Wire doing so by claiming that those other pages are authentically separate people. But that is a lie. So, it really boils down to Facebook willfully enabling The Daily Wire to artificially boost its popularity on the platform.


     
    Comments
      
      dwai: SHUT THE FUCK UP FAGGOT BITCH
    _____________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    We have a horrible choice between a super-shady, self-serving, lying criminal (Hillary Clinton) and an emotionally-unbalanced, shoot-from-the-hip authoritarian who lacks the intellectual curiosity to even want to learn the complexities that come with running a major nation like the US (Donald Trump).

  11. #91
    100% Organic MumblesBadly's Avatar
    Reputation
    -82
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    In the many threads of this forum
    Posts
    7,822
    Proof that Ben Shapiro is a partisan hack.


     
    Comments
      
      dwai: SHUT THE FUCK UP FAGGOT BITCH
    _____________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    We have a horrible choice between a super-shady, self-serving, lying criminal (Hillary Clinton) and an emotionally-unbalanced, shoot-from-the-hip authoritarian who lacks the intellectual curiosity to even want to learn the complexities that come with running a major nation like the US (Donald Trump).

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Proof that Ben Shapiro is a partisan hack.



    this guy is fr dropping "proof ben shapiro is a partisan hack" material, hof lazy post

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    This guy's podcast is for druggie dipshits. He's a douchebag and a terrible comedian. Not surprised the resident porn slinger is a regular listener.
    Someone posted.

    Name:  481482C2-CF9E-4DE5-B492-D3B3296CBCE7.jpeg
Views: 176
Size:  64.0 KB



    Maybe it was just the microphone but Druff quit listening to Shapiro’s podcasts b/c of ads and not his voice?

    I tried. Impossible.

  14. #94
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    5139
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    36,215
    Blog Entries
    2
    I got used to the nasally voice and the lacking broadcast demeanor. Actually, he's improved over time broadcast-wise, and I guess I just don't notice the voice anymore.

    For the most part, I like what he has to say, and he tends to be very reasonable. Of course he has leftist YouTube critics who will pick apart every word and try to search for contradictions or incorrect statements, but if you watch the guy enough, you'll see that he's straightforward, non-sensational, and analytical.

    I really only watch Shapiro and Steven Crowder, as far as right-wing YouTube shows go. The rest are either crap or don't appeal to me.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

    For the most part, I like what he has to say, and he tends to be very reasonable. Of course he has leftist YouTube critics who will pick apart every word and try to search for contradictions or incorrect statements, but if you watch the guy enough, you'll see that he's straightforward, non-sensational, and analytical.

    Cause he is lies. Who you gonna stick up for next? Charlie Kirk?

    He came on Bill Mahar, 1st words out of his mouth were "No one's been tougher on Russia than Donald J Trump"
    Oh yeah, that is what I want to do, listen to Tump's debunked BS talking points.
    That one was a lie from day 1,(Those sanctions were from Senate and Obama & Trump fought EVERY one of them.)
    and has aged veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery poorly.
    Climate Denier, birther, twists the facts on Amazon, NYC and AOC
    Find one person from NY, (that isn't a landlord) that was unhappy w/that NYC didn't give them free rent, which is what those NYC rebates amounted to.

    I don't get what the right has against the truth, these days.
    you can't you get one guy to tell the truth, as they's get beat up on twitter by the #TrumpTrain.

     
    Comments
      
      MumblesBadly: Druff lives the modern conservative alternative reality where lies spread by rightwing media is truth, and objective truth is a lie.
      
      dwai: nigger lover
    Internet Trolls Are Narcissists, Psychopaths, and Sadists
    http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...hs-and-sadists

  16. #96
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    6125
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    27,813
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post
    I don't get what the right has against the truth, these days.
    i feel like you do get it tho.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs



    http://www.lolstockaments.com/

  17. #97
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    5139
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    36,215
    Blog Entries
    2
    This was a good (and surprisingly funny) analysis of the wokeness of the Oscars last night.


  18. #98
    Can't Post
    Reputation
    1209
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bubbles & The Baron
    Posts
    12,065
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    This was a good (and surprisingly funny) analysis of the wokeness of the Oscars last night.

    ha ha it's the My Balls Haven't Dropped Yet Show

    Who listens to a ten-year old?

  19. #99
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    5139
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    36,215
    Blog Entries
    2
    I was waiting to hear his analysis of the Joe Biden beatdown of Bernie on Tuesday, so I looked for his show on Wednesday morning and it wasn't there.

    Turns out his wife had their third kid on Wednesday, and his show is done for the week. Talk about bad timing.

  20. #100
    Diamond mulva's Avatar
    Reputation
    422
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,979
    Blog Entries
    4
    every faggot knows that sports illustrated sucks. their high level approach was awful 30/40 yrs ago as well.

    the one thing i liked was "faces in the crowd"

    there was always some 12yr old that pitched 5 consec no hitters or some kid scoring 10 goals in 1 game type of shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Steven Crowder vs. Joe Rogan regarding pot
    By Dan Druff in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 02-18-2017, 10:32 AM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-01-2016, 11:46 AM
  3. Warrion Bar - Joe Rogan
    By cmoney in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-21-2014, 08:46 AM
  4. New TV Series : Joe Rogan Questions Everything
    By BeerAndPoker in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-25-2013, 03:37 PM
  5. Dice clay's on the Rogan podcast
    By FPS_Russia in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-11-2012, 05:17 PM