Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Druff, please remove my scammer title

Load Metric

Druff, please remove my scammer title

First and foremost, the bet has yet to be settled. We are still in negotiations regarding the terms of the bet and seeking a possible resolution. How can one be labeled a scammer when a bet has not even been completed? Furthermore, why haven’t you moved the thread and any relevant information to the scammer section of the site if you feel the scammer title is appropriate?

Next up is the fact that you yourself seem reluctant to label this situation a scam. You have on various occasions labeled this an angle shot and a semi-scam. Im not exactly sure what a semi-scam even is, so lets address the angle shot allegation.
    First a definition- "Angle shooting- A poker player who uses various underhanded, unfair methods to take advantage of inexperienced opponents. The difference between an angle shooter and a cheat is only a matter of degree. What a cheat or thief does is patently against the rules; what an angle shooter does may be marginally legal, but it's neither ethical nor gentlemanly. Nor is it in the spirit of the game. Unfortunately, poker is not a gentleman's game"
    Now I would concede that there was some angle shooting involved in this wager. I knowingly allowed Vegas to enter into a bet that was maybe not the exact terms he thought he was entering into. If you look at the definition, what I did is take advantage of an inexperienced opponent. Vegas wanted to make a wager about grammar and then he used the wrong grammar. This is hilarious. Anyways, call that an angle shot if you will. However, Vegas also was attempting to angle shoot me, which I recognized immediately and is one of the reasons I pulled the shenanigans that I did. Now recall that the wager was to be about a certain amount of misusages of the words then and than. It is my contention and has been noted by others that Vegas seemingly admitted to researching the wager before he offered it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas1369
    I did a search on then and than
    This was before the bet was ever conceived. How is that not also an angle shot? I will contend that it is. So I admit to my angle shot and expose Vegas as an angle shooter as well. So this transgression regarding this wager is a wash.

Bottom line is that this situation does not reach the threshold of scam. Labeling someone a scammer is a very serious accusation and one that should not be taken lightly. If this site is ever to be taken seriously in the poker world, and this is the place to come for all of your scammer information, how ludicrous will it look to outsiders that the only account with a scammer label on the site is mine? If someone actually reads through all of this nonsense they are going to think it was a juvenile wager between two morons. A scam though? I don’t hardly think so.

Furthermore, I am willing to escrow and settle on three independent arbitors and Vegas is not. How am I am scammer yet he skates free?

Regarding radio; I saw this topic on your agenda but it was near the bottom. I would be happy to call in and discuss the situation on air, but I can not do so towards the end of a long radio show. Your show begins at 9:00pm local time for me and I have to be at work at 7:00am. I am typically asleep by 10:00 as I rise at 5:30am. If you feel this information is important enough to move to the front, I would be happy to try and get this resolved. If its not that important, I can completely understand that stance.
    Last edited by jsearles22; 06-05-2012 at 06:19 AM.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Use PM option you attention starved faggot.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    Name:  ATTENTION-WHORE-FAIL-FUNNY-FORUM-PICS.jpg
Views: 28012
Size:  73.5 KB

Fuck off tubby, pay your debts.

Load Metric
    I didn't read the wall of text explanation. I agree with the title change. Change it to <banned>, as long as Vegas agrees. Banning him makes the odds of payment 0.0 but unfortunately it seems clear that we are already at that level.

Searles is just an attention seeking troll/scammer who just continuously makes threads about himself. Case in point.

Load Metric
    I like very much that you include the part of the quote that says "I did a search for then and than." but leave out the part that says "It didn't show anything, said there were too many results." (paraphrasing)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Fail View Post
    I like very much that you include the part of the quote that says "I did a search for then and than." but leave out the part that says "It didn't show anything, said there were too many results." (paraphrasing)
    Clearly I dont believe him when he said that, I think that he is lying. Why would I include that part if I dont in fact believe it is true?This quote which can be found in the thread only further bolsters my stance that I noticed him attempting to cheat from the outset:

Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22
    I can see that you are going thru and reading my old threads as I type this.
    While we were discussing the wager I was almost continuosly clicking on the page that shows who is online and what they are doing. During this time Vegas was going through and reading old posts of mine. Not just recent posts but old posts, clearly looking for misuses. This was before the bet was ever booked. Clearly Vegas was attempting to angle shoot me, so I merely replied with an angle shot when he mis-stepped on his language.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Clearly I dont believe him when he said that, I think that he is lying. Why would I include that part if I dont in fact believe it is true?This quote which can be found in the thread only further bolsters my stance that I noticed him attempting to cheat from the outset:

Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22
    I can see that you are going thru and reading my old threads as I type this.
    While we were discussing the wager I was almost continuosly clicking on the page that shows who is online and what they are doing. During this time Vegas was going through and reading old posts of mine. Not just recent posts but old posts, clearly looking for misuses. This was before the bet was ever booked. Clearly Vegas was attempting to angle shoot me, so I merely replied with an angle shot when he mis-stepped on his language.
    You don't believe him? It's pretty simple to test, go to the forum and search for it yourself.

As for this "he tried to angle shoot me" accusation, he flat out told you that he searched for it before you ever booked the bet. That isn't an angle shoot and he never tried to hide the fact that he searched for it. You knew long before you ever officially booked the bet that he had done that search. That isn't an attempted angle shoot by Vegas, it's straight up remedial betting by you.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Fail View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

You don't believe him? It's pretty simple to test, go to the forum and search for it yourself.

As for this "he tried to angle shoot me" accusation, he flat out told you that he searched for it before you ever booked the bet. That isn't an angle shoot and he never tried to hide the fact that he searched for it. You knew long before you ever officially booked the bet that he had done that search. That isn't an attempted angle shoot by Vegas, it's straight up remedial betting by you.

It is in fact an attempted angle shot. What Vegas said is he did a quick cursory search and came up empty. What he didnt say is that he was manually going through old threads attempting to find misuses that would bolster his stance. This was all before a bet was ever booked. I sat online for over 30 minutes watching him do this before I called him out on it. After the bet was booked it took Vegas a mere 90 minutes to find 22 misuses, copy and paste them all into a thread, all while bantering on the forum. He seemingly search the over 400 posts and did all of this in that timeframe? Yeah fucking right! This would take way more time than that, obviously implying that he had pre researched all of this. No one else finds it funny that we had discussed the bet, Vegas disappears for 24 hours, then returns and wants to instantly book the bet? C'mon man!

Load Metric
    transfer the scam title over to willie for a while...
    Me defeating Druff 100 BB heads up - http://youtu.be/LmxTH0rZaLk?t=2h12m35s

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Yebsite View Post
    Willie was forgiven, watch your epic HU video against Druff for proof.

Load Metric
    Druff, I hope you do something about Searles soon, at a minimum take away his ability to create threads. He is making a mockery of the site and is making it borderline unreadable at times.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post
    yes i forgive him he still owes tho...
    Me defeating Druff 100 BB heads up - http://youtu.be/LmxTH0rZaLk?t=2h12m35s

Silver
    Load Metric
    I am in 100% agreement with Jsearless remove the scammer title.

Replace it with: ANGLE SHOOTING PIECE OF SHIT

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post
    Forgiven, but never forgotten
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    please stop

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LLL View Post
    Use PM option you attention starved faggot.
    Ells likes to keep shit all real. <3

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'm not reading another Searles post but I'd like to take this opportunity you allow you to reinstate my thread starting career. I've been saving up the good ones and can make something out of this despite it's recent faggotry. Thank-you

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    I'm not reading another Searles post but I'd like to take this opportunity you allow you to reinstate my thread starting career. I've been saving up the good ones and can make something out of this despite it's recent faggotry. Thank-you

trust me, i think everyone would rather have you starting threads

Thread Information