Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Apparently realizing they had failed to kill an innocent black man in Baton Rouge, police course corrected quickly.

Load Metric
    so maybe i dont know, hows this for a step in the right direction; hold murderers with badges accountable.

Comments

MumblesBadly: :this
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Name:  19399155_1341369332651015_4062741107199189249_n.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  61.0 KB

Comments

FPS_Russia: As a non lemming I can read between the lines (in this case literally) and think for myself. Here's a more accurate caption (Hey nigga, don't let this job BS fool you, i'm still a G I'll put a cap in ur ass right now). Hand by waistline and all.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    AND SOMEONE TELL DORKSTORE'S UNETHICAL BROTHER TO HONOR HIS OATH

Comments

LarryLaffer: zing!

Load Metric
    Let this be a lesson to all n-words who think they can get away with legally owning a gun.

Don't drive a shitty car while being an armed black man.

Now that the officer has been acquitted in a court of law.

Can he get his police job back so he can legally kill even more n-words?

Comments

LarryLaffer: not even funny in the least bit

Tellafriend: she sure doesn't seem concerned about him

FPS_Russia: Never ever ever ever ever spew racial or ethnic slurs. Under no circumstances will it improve your image or message. We may just get new hate speech legislation because of it. Go ask Ask Bill Maher Donald Sterling on and on and on...

Load Metric
    The NRA has finally made it's statement......

Their response to a black man being killed WHILE LEGALLY CARRYING A FIREARM PER OUR SECOND AMENDMENT

"Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post

Can he get his police job back?

I'm sure he can, although I wouldn't think any departments that would want the publicity that would go along with hiring him. Immediately after the verdict, the St Anthony PD announced this:

Yanez would no longer work there as a police officer. Officials said they would offer Yanez a “voluntary separation” because they had concluded “the public will be best served” if he is no longer an officer on the police force. He had been on paid administrative leave since the shooting.

Load Metric
    im starting to think that these cops are shooting people for paid vacations
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Gold
    Load Metric
    They released the squad's dash cam video today.

http://www.kare11.com/news/local/phi...deo-/450647572

No, Mumblefuck, this post isn't a celebration. It is a completely non-biased fact.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Fair enough. Thanks for posting.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenchjockey View Post
    They released the squad's dash cam video today.

http://www.kare11.com/news/local/phi...deo-/450647572

No, Mumblefuck, this post isn't a celebration. It is a completely non-biased fact.
    From the audio, you can hear that the cop stupidly got spooked when Castille reached for his gun permit. Because why would someone who was planning to use a gun to shot the cop announce just beforehand that he had one?!!! Because that's what you can hear just before the cop starting yelling "Don't pull it out!!!" What a negligent fucking moron that cop was!!! His yelling "Don't pull it out!!!" was clearly referring to a gun, which Castille most certainly understood to mean the gun, which he wasn't retrieving.

A small consolation is that Yanez was let go from that police department. The bad news is that the chief of that department is doing in a manner that will minimize how bad this forced departure will look on his record, making it easier for Yanez to get a cop job elsewhere.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    After watching the video, yes the cop got shook, but I can see how ***technically*** he got off. It was a split second decision where he made the wrong choice but that isn't murder. By the letter of the law it could easily be ruled justified which it was at trial. You can even tell with the afterwards comments from him how shook he was and really it was just a bad situation all around. The cop truly thought he was reaching for the gun right or wrong. It is clear as day listening to how the cop was reacting after it happened.

I was a little confused when they (the GF) said he was just trying to hand him his license when he initially handed him (what I thought) was his license right off the bat through the window. IDK.

Either way this goes back to training. So many things could have been done differently where this kid didn't have to have 4 bullets pumped into him at point blank range. The cop on the other side of the car seemed to be just lost in space wandering around, instead of walking up to the passenger door like they normally do if it is 2 of them. He probably could have prevented this if the other cop thought he was covered. The second he told hi he had a gun he should have said hands on the steering wheel and everyone would still be alive. Instead he said don't reach, and he reached....for something.

Load Metric
    one of the root complaints for like 40 years has been that if you have a badge and a gun, there is a specific law in place (i dont know it sorry) that makes it virtually impossible for you to be convicted no matter how baseless you catching a body is.

the line in the sand is literally like murder for hire/profit, south of that you get a pass each and every time.

i forget why they cant change it but its something typically insane like 'unions lol' or whatever, but yeah its pure fucking madness; one poorly worded law makes all this possible/ongoing.

Load Metric
    Tine goes in blackface to the olive garden so he can tip less

Comments

SysOp: ROFL

Tellafriend: lol wow

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    After watching the video, yes the cop got shook, but I can see how ***technically*** he got off. It was a split second decision where he made the wrong choice but that isn't murder. By the letter of the law it could easily be ruled justified which it was at trial. You can even tell with the afterwards comments from him how shook he was and really it was just a bad situation all around. The cop truly thought he was reaching for the gun right or wrong. It is clear as day listening to how the cop was reacting after it happened.

I was a little confused when they (the GF) said he was just trying to hand him his license when he initially handed him (what I thought) was his license right off the bat through the window. IDK.

Either way this goes back to training. So many things could have been done differently where this kid didn't have to have 4 bullets pumped into him at point blank range. The cop on the other side of the car seemed to be just lost in space wandering around, instead of walking up to the passenger door like they normally do if it is 2 of them. He probably could have prevented this if the other cop thought he was covered. The second he told hi he had a gun he should have said hands on the steering wheel and everyone would still be alive. Instead he said don't reach, and he reached....for something.
    Agreed about the issue of training. But Tine's comments about the law also apply. Our politicians have to have the will to dismantle badly behaving police departments and implement effective training to reduce excessive police use of deadly force. Salt Lake City implemented a new training regime several years ago and have not had someone killed by the police there since 2015.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_59...b03b485cae1129
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    A lot of it goes back to the militarization of police. Half these guys have been to war, or think they are in one every day out there where it is shoot first I'm not taking any chances. half of these clowns are so fucking gung ho looking for some action they are ready to pull that trigger way faster than they should be.

The truth is it is SO rare for a random guy you pulled over to pull out a gun and open fire, that should not be the default thing they think in a split second. Even if he is "reaching" or whatever. I have seen other videos where the cop could have easily blown the bad guy away...literally gun out and pointed at him....but composed himself and just took a nanosecond to assess the situation and held off. I know it is hard but unless you have a damn good reason to feel like the guy you are approaching is armed and dangerous (or you literally see a gun in his hand, or have it pointed at you), and has malice towards you for some reason, you just can't go to start firing off rounds that fast. It just makes no sense.

And them not being able to change the law has everything to do with the unions. They will NEVER let anything like that happen. So it will be "if you think you are in danger....." for the rest of our lifetimes, and innocent people will continue to get killed. As long as the cops can beat the charges by falling back on that they will continue to do so. It is an easy out.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Mostly agree.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Lets look at how the media and even Sonatine have framed the debate.

They're suggesting this cop shot an unarmed black man because he racist. There is absolutely 0% chance of that being the case. I guarantee you the last thing a racist cop wants to do is to shoot an unarmed black man and come under media and political scrutiny.

A racist cop will target blacks to pull over and search write tickets and in rare cases plant evidence but outside of that not much.

So cut it out.

Lets cut the bullshit, 99 out of 100 these officers just want to make it home alive. The real reason for these shootings is because of hip hop culture's promotion of gun violence that dominates every single black community.
    Packing a gun is mandatory if you wanna be a G in the hood. How many times do you think those officers have found a pistol on a young black male? This is what makes them jumpy and mistakes can happen.
    Some of these blacks aren't predators and wouldn't carry a gun but it's their only security. It sucks those guys are taking the fall for others and perhaps getting shot.

Sonatine maybe go to the black community and do some volunteer work and discuss this with them. Earn your liberal card haha. Wanna really help, end the war on drugs.

Good jam

Comments

TheXFactor: WRONG...if you are robbed or shot in Louisiana and are WHITE...there is a 99% chance that the guy who did it is BLACK.
    Last edited by FPS_Russia; 06-20-2017 at 09:34 PM.

Load Metric

He gave the registration first. He is still following the order to give the license while complying with the later order of not pulling out his gun. He is doing literally everything he is asked to do. His mistake is assuming he is not dealing with an incompetent trigger happy idiot and he simply cannot follow his verbal orders.

What Yanez did wrong was to specifically say "don't pull it out" (referring to the gun) while Castile is still looking for his license. If he wishes to have visibility of Castile's hands, he has to say that for every ones safety. If he wishes for Castile to stop moving, he has to say that. And there are protocols to make sure this situation never happens. Shooting someone when they are doing exactly what you've asked them to do.

Comments

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    as a career merchant mariner I can say that there is no fucking reason this ever should have happened

Comments

RichardBrodiesCombover.: Rofl

Corrigan: lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    A lot of it goes back to the militarization of police. Half these guys have been to war, or think they are in one every day out there where it is shoot first I'm not taking any chances. half of these clowns are so fucking gung ho looking for some action they are ready to pull that trigger way faster than they should be.

The truth is it is SO rare for a random guy you pulled over to pull out a gun and open fire, that should not be the default thing they think in a split second. Even if he is "reaching" or whatever. I have seen other videos where the cop could have easily blown the bad guy away...literally gun out and pointed at him....but composed himself and just took a nanosecond to assess the situation and held off. I know it is hard but unless you have a damn good reason to feel like the guy you are approaching is armed and dangerous (or you literally see a gun in his hand, or have it pointed at you), and has malice towards you for some reason, you just can't go to start firing off rounds that fast. It just makes no sense.

And them not being able to change the law has everything to do with the unions. They will NEVER let anything like that happen. So it will be "if you think you are in danger....." for the rest of our lifetimes, and innocent people will continue to get killed. As long as the cops can beat the charges by falling back on that they will continue to do so. It is an easy out.
    I heartily agree with everything you say here except the part implying that war experience would make cops more trigger happy. Probably in extreme PTSD cases, but this case suggests otherwise, probably because of ttaining to follow strict rules of engagement, and possibly because of experience with recognizing when someone is more likely to be a real threat. The former marine-turned-cop in this story avoided shooting a clearly armed black guy because he correctly assessed that the guy holding a gun wasn't actually posing an imminent threat.

http://www.npr.org/2016/12/08/504718...this-vet-fired

It's the gunho Rambo-wannabes who've gotten all jacked up learning to shoot on the range but haven't been in actual combat who are the most dangerous.

Comments

Tellafriend: stick with driving a truck

Load Metric
    Honestly, they just come off as kind of lazy and casual up until they killed an innocent man. Kind of sauntered up, was polite, and then just got terrifically shook because a black guy had a legal gun and moved. Programming glitch. The cops demeanor didn't suggest he was looking to kill someone. Just easily shook and attended one too many Inner warrior courses.

Usually that type of thing doesn't appeal to the alpha male you'd think. The insecure and those that lack confidence gravitate to that type of thing. That's what you see here. Inexperienced, insecure, and lacking confidence. Amazing they get off. Don't think they should do life or anything when it's an honest programming fuckup, but they need to do a decade when they take an entirely innocent life over a miscommunication on a tail light pull over.

Comments

NaturalBornHustler:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Honestly, they just come off as kind of lazy and casual up until they killed an innocent man. Kind of sauntered up, was polite, and then just got terrifically shook because a black guy had a legal gun and moved. Programming glitch. The cops demeanor didn't suggest he was looking to kill someone. Just easily shook and attended one too many Inner warrior courses.

Usually that type of thing doesn't appeal to the alpha male you'd think. The insecure and those that lack confidence gravitate to that type of thing. That's what you see here. Inexperienced, insecure, and lacking confidence. Amazing they get off. Don't think they should do life or anything when it's an honest programming fuckup, but they need to do a decade when they take an entirely innocent life over a miscommunication on a tail light pull over.

oh except

Yanez told the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension:

“I thought, I was gonna die and I thought if he’s, if he has the, the guts and the audacity to smoke marijuana in front of the five-year-old girl and risk her lungs and risk her life by giving her secondhand smoke and the front seat passenger doing the same thing then what, what care does he give about me.”

Guys he shot him because he smelled weed in the car, which Im guessing was smoked by the wife.

Comments

BCR: Yeah, I'm basically ignorant on this one as far as details. I meant to quote the video, as my comments were regarding dash cam. I really haven't followed this one closely.
    Last edited by sonatine; 06-21-2017 at 08:56 AM.

Thread Information