Thread: The Right Man syndrome

Load Metric

The Right Man syndrome

The Right Man syndrome
    is a personality and behavioral pattern described by science fiction writer AE Van Vogt and later popularized by the British writer Colin Wilson. The term describes an individual, almost always male, who has a dynamic yet fragile personality and possesses a manic need to feel that his actions are perfectly justified and correct at all times.

The need always to “be right” assumes supreme importance in the Right Man’s life. “To challenge any aspect of a Right Man’s worldview,” says writer Bruce Wright, “is, to him, an insufferable attack on his self-esteem, to be met with whatever vitriol might be required to still the threat .
    I was reading a book about serial killers when i came across the term 'right man syndrome'. Is it just me or does the above description remind you of any certain website owners we might know.

Comments

SysOp:

ToasterOven: hof

wrenchjockey:

gimmick:

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom View Post
    The Right Man syndrome
    is a personality and behavioral pattern described by science fiction writer AE Van Vogt and later popularized by the British writer Colin Wilson. The term describes an individual, almost always male, who has a dynamic yet fragile personality and possesses a manic need to feel that his actions are perfectly justified and correct at all times.

The need always to “be right” assumes supreme importance in the Right Man’s life. “To challenge any aspect of a Right Man’s worldview,” says writer Bruce Wright, “is, to him, an insufferable attack on his self-esteem, to be met with whatever vitriol might be required to still the threat .
    I was reading a book about serial killers when i came across the term 'right man syndrome'. Is it just me or does the above description remind you of any certain website owners we might know.
    who gives a shit, tell us the Martha story, with pics please

Comments

handicapme: Oh shit........

wrenchjockey: Fixed

Load Metric
    The Right Man syndrome

It certainly does describe a certain website owner we might know

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantium View Post

who gives a shit, tell us the Martha story, with pics please
    That was meant to be a green rep, sorry buddy! Story needs to be told.

Comments

dwai: DFS CHARGEBACK MUCH?
    "I GOT NO TOE"

#FreeFluffler #FreeThisGuyIsCreepy #lockupGarrett

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SysOp View Post

It certainly does describe a certain website owner we might know
    It actually reminds me more of Drk Star. Where is that guy? Did El Gallo have him put down?
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    re: DorkStar

he went on a ride along with his cock sucking cop brother and they both got killed serving a high risk warrant in Garfield Park.

the media won't report on this story, as it doesn't involve black people shooting at the police (they were white) and it doesn't involve an officer killing an unarmed civilian.

RIP.

Comments

wrenchjockey: Worst poster award goes to you.
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Thread Information