Page 562 of 2149 FirstFirst ... 6246251255255855956056156256356456556657261266210621562 ... LastLast
Results 11,221 to 11,240 of 42968

Thread: Time to get on the TRUMP train

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    I think someone else asked this earlier somewhere here, but my question is:

How can a president pardon someone who hasn't even been charged or convicted of a crime?

I mean, is that for real? Is there an actual loophole that allows the Prez to do that?

Next question is, what about the Clinton Foundation? I mean, she and the foundation are obviously under investigation at this time. Will anything come of it? who knows...i can't imagine something not coming of it due to some of the evidence already uncovered, but I highly doubt Obama can pardon her for something concerning this, right??

I mean, please tell me the president doesn't have THAT much power?!
    Ford pardoned Nixon for any crimes he committed while President. The President has a lot of weird powers related to pardons, with no checks or reviews. George W Bush commuted Scooter Libby's 30 month prison sentence without actually pardoning him, after Libby intentionally released classified information to the public. There was no outrage from the Republicans.

Comments

Tellafriend: That's not true. There was

MumblesBadly: To Tellafriend: Not the GOP leadership.

Load Metric
    Did the Republicans not give Obama the finger for almost his whole two terms when he attempted cross-party cooperation.

So why would the Democrats sign up to anything now. And especially more so considering the deplorables have put a shifty as fuck orangutan into the chair.

Frustrate as much as possible before putting Bernie up against the charlatan in 4 years time should be the play.

And who knows, maybe one of the numerous women he's assaulted might get something to stick before his term is up.

That would be my preference.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post

Lol of course he's a disaster and everyone smart in business knows that. That doesn't mean people can't make money off it in the short term. Plenty of people made a killing leading in to the latest crash.

The way the markets see it his actual policy plans will at least somewhat reflect what he has said about his plans for the future instead of being completely reversed. And it's assumed GOP will support him on this. Please tell me how that's a stretch in any world?

So you think he's going to completely flip-flop on everything he has said about energy companies. That he's suddenly in favor of heavier regulation in an industry that he has personally invested in to. Markets are kinda skeptical about that.

Big pharma gains huge from lesser regulation and the end to all talks about silly price caps.

One fair criticism of Trump was that he was non-specific with most of his plan details. He's also been known to change certain extreme views when there is a backlash (think the Muslim situation).

I think it is foolish at this point to try to analyze too closely the loose plans he made while running.

For example, you keep mentioning big pharma, but I do not recall any Trump rhetoric backing that industry's interests. I think you are extrapolating too much and automatically assuming he's going to be a friend of the most derided large industries in the nation.

Everyone feels so much uncertainty right now because it's difficult to determine what a Trump Presidency will look like. Somehow you're the only guy in the world who seems to have it all figured out.
    Most of the time water follows the path of least resistance. Things that are most likely to happen are those where Trumps views are in line with the views of the GOP. And that's not something i'm just saying, that's what the markets are also saying.

There's not that many things Trump feels strongly for or against. He is for his own short term gain at the expense of everyone. I'm not saying everything he does is always costly to others but that he just doesn't care who he hurts as long as he gains something. There's a long track record for that. It's also consistent with narcissism.

I'm not assuming he's a friend of big pharma. Trump's only friend is Trump. Their interests just aren't opposed and that's good enough for big pharma.

It's not that hard to see the direction of things.

Load Metric
    pull around the corner in rush hour with a car full of kids, and its a protest. Greaaaaat. that added 2 hours to my night. My son's quote was the best, "at least they are not on top of the cars". Protestors were in the many thousands, mostly kids, all pretty emotional. I had to walk the kids through the crowds, my guys were fortunately too young to read all the "grab this pussy signs", etc. pretty funny stuff. Ill add mostly white crowd, chanting "black lives matter".
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Charham; 11-09-2016 at 05:19 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post
    If you go by what the markets say, the big winners of election would be private prisons, fossil fuel companies, big pharma and the banks. As with brexit the medium to long term effect to markets highly depend on how little the supporters get. The less they get the better off they are.

With brexit there's no positive outcome for the future. It's just a matter of how much it will cost. With Trump giving Reaganomics another try markets are going to love that in the short term. Who doesn't love tax breaks and money dumped to the markets. In the long term it's a monte carlo system of economics.

How the money is spent in politics now, there might not be enough resistance to remind people that you already tried this the last time you were fawning over making america great again. On the other hand i'd guess it's assumed that all the talk about protectionism (tariffs, hindering workforce) just goes away and at best Trump supporters get some watered down version of it. Mostly because it's just bad for everyone from the perspective of the markets. What the domestic companies get isn't worth the risk of recession.
    If the market tanked today, you would have written that it's indicative that everyone smart in business knows that Trump will be a disaster for the country.

Looks like you massage the existing data to fit your narrative, no matter what.

Even if you dislike Trump, you can't automatically cast him as a friend of big pharma, big oil, etc. We will have to see his actual policy plans before drawing any of these type of conclusions. His election rhetoric did not necessarily favor these industries.
    Markets are up because the GOP won today across the board in terms of Senate seats and local elections, nvm the POTUS race.

Wall St knows that the corporate tax breaks they would get under Clinton will be even bigger under Trump. Also, thanks to the overall uncertainty that a Trump presidency brings to the overall running of the system (since he hasn't been in office before), moar QE is likely from the Fed, which means for free money for big banks, investors, and corporate stock buyback plans.

I work at a pharma in MA. The CEO, who is a #nevertrump Republican, sent the company an email today on how Trump's campaign was unprecedented in terms of the things he's said and done, and his shaky character as a person. But, in the end of the email, this CEO went onto say, "today had some great results; with new Republican leadership across the country, we will go back to what made our industry great: corporate repatriation for our off-shore tax havens, the stop of the draconian attacks on drug prices by government, and the restoration of a pro-business agenda that will make our company grow!"

This is all LOL because after hearing for month from this guy in town halls and speeches from this CEO on how Trump was bad for America, literally shitting on him every chance he got.......the guy goes on and praises him and his party and blasts the Democrats (who are the most pro-business in their history; which is why they fucking got their asses kicked) declaring the result a win for big pharma. I mean, Obama won in 2012, we got a major selloff....and now we are back to all time highs.

Big oil wins too, because now they can frack the shit out of any land without any interference from the Great Orange Leader. Granted, that fracking might cause a earthquake that splits the continent in two.....but at least markets will still be up.

In the end, rich (white) people always win. In the Capitalism Premier League, they are undefeated. Civil rights don't matter to investors. Workers rights don't matter to investors; they'd actually prefer they would have none at all. All they care about is if the future policies will benefit their balances sheets. And they have concluded that despite Trump's love of grabbing pussy, he will be great for their balance sheets.

Additionally, and of course this is the conspiratorial part of the rant: algos make up 75%+ of the trading today. I am sure the big banks and the Central Banks made sure to coordinate that no matter what happened yesterday, that markets would NOT be allowed to crash if they could help it.

The 1% is fine. It's the rest of us, I worry about.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Spot on.

hongkonger: Absofuckinglutely
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BiffCo99 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post

Unfortunately your gun was never in danger despite what the kooks say.

I wish Hillary had actually said what all the kooks said she did. The second amendment should be repealed and all guns confiscated pronto.
    Well, thankfully Trump will appoint the next three Supreme Court Justices and you'll never see that shit happen in your lifetime.
    RBG and Breyer will hold on with everything they've got to avoid being replaced by yet another illegitimate rethuglican president.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post

How can a president pardon someone who hasn't even been charged or convicted of a crime?

I mean, is that for real? Is there an actual loophole that allows the Prez to do that?

Next question is, what about the Clinton Foundation? I mean, she and the foundation are obviously under investigation at this time. Will anything come of it? who knows...i can't imagine something not coming of it due to some of the evidence already uncovered, but I highly doubt Obama can pardon her for something concerning this, right??

Ford pardoned Nixon for any crimes he committed while President. The President has a lot of weird powers related to pardons, with no checks or reviews. George W Bush commuted Scooter Libby's 30 month prison sentence without actually pardoning him, after Libby intentionally released classified information to the public. There was no outrage from the Republicans.

Some of this shit simply shouldn't be allowed. I know, all parties are guilty of it.

Also, since you bring up Scooter Libby, here is a counterpoint:

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/artic...ter-libby-felt

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by v12cl View Post
    Hillary won the popular vote, and if american elections made any sense she would be president.

Trump is illegitimate.
    If elections made any sense, she wouldn't have even been the candidate.
    Nor would Trump

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

How do you feel about Bill Clinton's pardon of Mark Rich after he donated $1,000,000 to the construction of the Clinton Library?

Load Metric

You got fucking blown out last night. You are correct though, you had probably the worst candidate in the history of candidates. Both parties need new blood. But fuck, you made a total fucking fool out of yourself the last 3 months on this board.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    The most tangible difference today is that your gun is safe.

Sturm Ruger & Smith & Wesson got shellacked cause the last minute sales should tail off. Pre Hillary panic retail sales will cease.

Already America is better off

FANG & MSFT down in up market. Hmmm
    Unfortunately your gun was never in danger despite what the kooks say.

I wish Hillary had actually said what all the kooks said she did. The second amendment should be repealed and all guns confiscated pronto.

Really? Yes, they were.

Also, in no uncertain terms, she did make veiled comments thaty something should happen with the 2nd Amendment/confiscating weapons.

Also, for a good example as to liberal policies and more that could have been implemented in the future, you can look no further than even more gun control measures passed in heavily liberal California. You even need a permit to by ammo. If the authorities "think you might be a threat" they can confiscate them... tons of other ridiculous rules.

Plus, Hillary would most certainly appoint liberal Justices to the Supreme Court...from there she could to anything she wants.

That aside, I've said it before, and ill say it again: When it comes to American civilians, this day and age, democrats and people who have guns illegally have committed FAR more homicides (numbers around 90%) and shootings than anyone on the right has; This is a fact.

Legal gun owners altogether have over 300 million guns and billions of rounds of ammo; believe me, if we were really a problem, you'd know it.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by v12cl View Post

If elections made any sense, she wouldn't have even been the candidate.
    Nor would Trump

I completely agree with this.

But here we are

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrigan View Post

Big Dick has been 100% right for months on this election and I'm sure he's going to make a good bit of cash from online betting come November.

lol "Trump wants to change things for the good in America" - dude is a low-rent canival barker who is running on ego and blow. He doesn't give 2 shits about anyone other than himself.
    might be time to change your signature unless you're trying to give him props for being right

Nah he nailed it back then, going to leave it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83
    I'm going to come across as a bit of a douche but I really know more about this then anyone on this board by miles.

...if Trump is nominee he wins Presidency easily. Angry Blue Collar Whites will have record turnout.

Load Metric
    illegitimate rethuglican president.
    jesus hk, you're better than this - you're beginning to sound like ftpjesus
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83
    I'm going to come across as a bit of a douche but I really know more about this then anyone on this board by miles.

...if Trump is nominee he wins Presidency easily. Angry Blue Collar Whites will have record turnout.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Comments

BiffCo99: He probably went to sleep after writing that

Lord of the Fraud: Trump coulda wrote that himself

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric

Well, thankfully Trump will appoint the next three Supreme Court Justices and you'll never see that shit happen in your lifetime.
    RBG and Breyer will hold on with everything they've got to avoid being replaced by yet another illegitimate rethuglican president.
    Illegitimate? Fuck off.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Load Metric
    Ohhhhh shit, these protests are great.

"No one should ever be deported, no one should ever have to go back to where they came from."

"California has been supporting this country forever. "

"Think about the children and the environment and the children."

FML these protests are hilarious.

*These are actual word for word quotes.

Comments

GambleBotsChafedPenis: Got It Right Rep

Load Metric

i would expect this kind of talk from the infowars crowd if hillary won, but not from an educated person whose candidate got crushed. he's pretty far from illegitimate

Load Metric
    You're totally right hongkonger, trump is illegitimate.

Hilary actually could have demanded recounts in a few states that were pretty close. I just don't understand why she didn't fight to the end, all of the billion plus that was invested in her by special interest groups, and yet she still didn't contest it. She legitamily had a case for a recount in key swing states yet she just didn't bother, really starting to wonder why.

Maybe someone can explain it to me
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintjewlips View Post
    You're totally right hongkonger, trump is illegitimate.

Hilary actually could have demanded recounts in a few states that were pretty close. I just don't understand why she didn't fight to the end, all of the billion plus that was invested in her by special interest groups, and yet she still didn't contest it. She legitamily had a case for a recount in key swing states yet she just didn't bother, really starting to wonder why.

Maybe someone can explain it to me

Oooo i see, they could potentially find "suspicious irregularities" that would have shown Donald did actually have a land slide victory if it wasn't for "malfunctions" that were never detected or just weren't dealt with.

But oh no that never happens its just a conspiracy theory, because we all know that although the average age of a poll worker is probably 65, and aren't competent enough to work a flip phone, they are very qualified to handle the latest in voting equipment.

God i wish she would have contested it, it would have been the final nail in that cunts coffin, along with the rest of her sniveling cult sycophants that do her bidding.
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Thread Information