Page 634 of 2149 FirstFirst ... 13453458462463063163263363463563663763864468473411341634 ... LastLast
Results 12,661 to 12,680 of 42966

Thread: Time to get on the TRUMP train

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Electoral College Electors Demand Intelligence Briefing On Russia Election Interference

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/12/...erference.html

A group of Electoral College electors sent a letter Director of National Intelligence James Clapper demanding an intelligence briefing on Russia’s interference with the 2016 election before they vote on December 19.

In the letter, ten electors requested an intelligence briefing before they vote:

The Electors require to know from the intelligence community whether there are ongoing investigations into ties between Donald Trump, his campaign or associates, and Russian government interference in the election, the scope of those investigations, how far those investigations may have reached, and who was involved in those investigations. We further require a briefing on all investigative findings, as these matters directly impact the core factors in our deliberations of whether Mr. Trump is fit to serve as President of the United States.

Additionally, the Electors will separately require from Donald Trump conclusive evidence that he and his staff and advisors did not accept Russian interference, or otherwise collaborate during the campaign, and conclusive disavowal and repudiation of such collaboration and interference going forward.

The electors also made reference to Federalist 68, “We further emphasize Alexander Hamilton’s assertion in Federalist Paper #68 that a core purpose of the Electoral College was to prevent a “desire in foreign powers to gain an improper ascendant in our councils.” The United States intelligence community has now concluded with “high confidence” that a foreign power, namely Russia, acted covertly to interfere in the presidential campaign with the intent of promoting Donald Trump’s candidacy. During the campaign, Russia actively attempted to influence the election outcome through cyber attacks on our political institutions and a comprehensive propaganda campaign coordinated through Wikileaks and other outlets.”

The president-elect made the scandal worse by completely dismissing the findings of the CIA that Russia meddled in the election to help Trump win as ridiculous. Trump’s denial has triggered a group of bipartisan Senators who are pushing for an investigation, and Electoral College electors who want answers before they vote in a week.

The Russia scandal is not going to go away. If Trump does take office, the investigations are going to happen. The Trump administration can’t sweep the findings of seventeen intelligence agencies under the rug.

Donald Trump has a mushrooming scandal on his hands that, if it doesn’t stop his presidency, will be a dark cloud that will follow his every move for the next four years.

The electors want answers, and they may stop Trump if they get them.
    Trump may be the President-elect but that doesn't mean it's a lock that he will actually become the prez.
    I don't disagree with any of that but the chance of this actually happening is about 0.00001%. Let's live in reality.

Also, unless those electors decide en masse to vote for Hillary, the result will be that nobody wins, and the House will then decide between Trump, Hillary and whoever gets the most votes from faithless Trump electors. Obv the House will choose Trump.

Unless some massive back room deal is made where Hillary concedes a whole lot and the House votes for her because they know they can thwart her at every turn plus she would be the weakest candidate ever in 4 years. There is precedent for this (1876 Tilden/Hayes). Good for a political intrigue novel, not happening in reality.
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    conservative / tea party radio host joe walsh just trotted out the word 'treason' when describing trump's refusal to investigate russian influence in the election.

that is a very, very interesting waterline we just reached.

Comments

lewfather: ayyyy we can only hope! even if it's only two outs. 1x.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    conservative / tea party radio host joe walsh just trotted out the word 'treason' when describing trump's refusal to investigate russian influence in the election.

This amuses me greatly. Trump literally has zero power at the moment, he can't investigate shit.

Also the media is being a bunch of fuckers and only partly reporting what the CIA thinks happened because they didn't tamper with votes directly and that doesn't make a good nightly news story so they just leave that part out.

Comments

Mintjewlips: Its only libtard "analyst" that think the russians did it

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post

This amuses me greatly. Trump literally has zero power at the moment, he can't investigate shit.

Also the media is being a bunch of fuckers and only partly reporting what the CIA thinks happened because they didn't tamper with votes directly and that doesn't make a good nightly news story so they just leave that part out.

zero power? he knocked 4bn off lockheed's market value by trashing them on twitter.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertstemple View Post
    Bitch and moan about trickle down economics all you like. It worked.

i hope for your sake that you're an fps_russia dupe.

Comments

lewfather: rofl

Load Metric
    Bitch and moan about trickle down economics all you like. It worked.

Nope, not an fps dupe. Have been accused of being a sonatine dupe before. Pretty sure that's note true as well. Didn't take it as an insult either.
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post

You mean those "overwhelmingly successful liberal policies" that kept the USA in the depression throughout the entire decade of the 30's. Adolph Hitler did more to get us out of the depression than FDR did.

Bitch and moan about trickle down economics all you like. It worked. By 1984 the economy was booming. The election of 1984 proves the point.

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

I was around then. I was just a dumb ass democrat back then, just like you are today, but trickle down economics saved our economy.
    Elections are proof of economic theories?

It was so overwhelming it is obvious. Are you really this fucking dense? You are the one saying that Hillary won. Can you not get anything right?

Watch MSNBC crumble.

The sweetest thing on Youtube.
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Load Metric

Nope, not an fps dupe. Have been accused of being a sonatine dupe before. Pretty sure that's note true as well. Didn't take it as an insult either.
    I doubt that lol. It's pretty easy to see the difference between your posts. Sonatine is smart. I doubt you can tie your own shoe laces.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Electoral College Electors Demand Intelligence Briefing On Russia Election Interference

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/12/...erference.html

Trump may be the President-elect but that doesn't mean it's a lock that he will actually become the prez.
    I don't disagree with any of that but the chance of this actually happening is about 0.00001%. Let's live in reality.

Also, unless those electors decide en masse to vote for Hillary, the result will be that nobody wins, and the House will then decide between Trump, Hillary and whoever gets the most votes from faithless Trump electors. Obv the House will choose Trump.

Unless some massive back room deal is made where Hillary concedes a whole lot and the House votes for her because they know they can thwart her at every turn plus she would be the weakest candidate ever in 4 years. There is precedent for this (1876 Tilden/Hayes). Good for a political intrigue novel, not happening in reality.
    The House doesn't have to pick either Trump or Clinton. It could choose *anyone* to be president, even someone who didn't get the nomination. The interference of another major country in our presidential election on this scale could be deemed unprecendented, justifying a novel solution to such a crisis. But choosing someone other than Trump or Clinton would politically require the Dems to provide open support for an alternative, such as Kasich, or even Romney. And such a choice would need to be presented to the public as a "caretaker" president until the next election.

The bottom line would be that the Dems would need to have to publicly accept someone-other-than-Trump, as the GOP House would *never* accept Hillary becoming president. They'd rather have Trump. But appealing to a sense of patriotism, the GOP House, lead by Paul Ryan, may be able to marshall the Dems to go along with a bipartisan-supported GOP alternative to Trump.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Remember that coup in Turkey? And how Turkey really, really, really wants us to extradite some wackjob imam whose been living in the Catskills, talking a gang of shit about Turkish President Erdogan?

So according to a breaking Newsweek article, Trump took a congrats call from Erdogan within days of being elected. During this call, Trump literally blurts out the name of his contact in the Dogan family in Turkey, whom are literally lining up Trump Tower business deals worth an easy low to mid 8 figures to the Trump family, talking about how great the Dogan's are and how much business they are doing. Because Trump is a fucking child.

Anyway as soon as the call ended and Erdogan stopped laughing, he signed arrest warrants for every the entire Dogan family, who are now rotting in a cell, where they will remain until Trump extradites wackjob imam.

tl;dr: Trump hasnt even taken office yet and he's already being blackmailed by Turkey.

What's Turkish for 'sides'?

Load Metric
    Sorry but I don't believe it.

There is no way Trump is excited about 8 figure deals at this point.

9 figure maybe. This isn't the 90s

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

seriously, thats the part of that situation that youre fixating on?

because yeah thats exactly how we ended up with a bloated drug addict reality tv star as president.

Load Metric

because yeah thats exactly how we ended up with a bloated drug addict reality tv star as president.
    I just feel that Turkey has bigger issues right now than the US president elect.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Is this true?

Load Metric

I just feel that Turkey has bigger issues right now than the US president elect.

Like prosecuting their rogue imam, which is the cornerstone of Erdogan's entire coup agenda. With Fethulla Gulen in the wild, Erdogan can't declare the vast conspiracy he invented is over, so an entire nation's press, academics, intellectuals, and a solid chunk of his military will remain in jail, ISIS will continue to raise hell on his turf, and even those on the other end of the ideological spectrum from ISIS will regard Erdogan as some sort of half ass dictator.

With Gulen hanging in the town square, all he has to do is pluck some random military officers from his jails and send them to the wall, declaring the vast conspiracy is at an end.

He certainly has other options but I dont think he ever expected Trump to tell him, point blank, who exactly is most valuable to him in Turkey.

It's a fairly spectacular fuckup. He fucked up with Taiwan and China sent nuclear bombers outside its territory for the first time in .. to my knowledge ever. And this is his encore.

And he's not even sworn in yet.

Bronze
    Load Metric

I think that you're right that the money probably wouldn't cause Trump to accede to any demands made by Turkey in this particular instance. But this graphically highlights how Trump could be manipulated by foreign governments who threaten his assets or business associates during his presidency if he doesn't thoroughly divest himself of his assets.
    Last edited by SantaCruz; 12-12-2016 at 10:55 PM.

Load Metric
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 284
Size:  193.2 KB

Comments

MumblesBadly:
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Since Trump's made clear we're not going to avoid Goldman Sachs, wars for Israel, Soros, the TPP or any of the other shit he promised we might as well have a close look at these hacking allegations. The electors need to give it to Hillary if the evidence is compelling. She's up like 3 million votes and Trump is already proving he's totally corrupt. Might as well try to save our water supply from the oil companies.

Just a reminder, Trump did call for Russia to hack Hillary. Then he appoints this Tillerson guy with an enormous conflict of interest w Russia. It's interesting that the Republicans want to look into hacking allegations as well.

LET'S TAKE IT FROM TRUMP!
    Worse that can happen is we'll have to kick their ass in a civil war, nothing but a bunch of draft dodging chicken hawks.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SantaCruz View Post

I think that you're right that the money probably wouldn't cause Trump to accede to any demands made by Turkey in this particular instance. But this graphically highlights how Trump could be manipulated by foreign governments who threaten his assets or business associates during his presidency if he doesn't thoroughly divest himself of his assets.

it also spells out how he's literally a babe in the woods when it comes to grasping our foreign policy or even getting a faint understanding of what foreign policy is.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Powerful recap.

Thread Information