Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: blade runner most overrated shitty movie of all time

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    i fully plan to take on the world and every poster in order to shred everything about this flick.
    although i don't know what i hate more..the actual movie or the people that like it
    Getting agitated are you? Not surprising. Typical emotional response of a replicant. Still my favorite movie.
    Name:  juiiuy.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  43.5 KB

Comments

Jayjami: Premium content rep.
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post

Would you add the third option of being pissed that what PKD predicted in the 60's and the movie predicted in the 80's is now our immanent reality?
    Getting agitated are you? Not surprising. Typical emotional response of a replicant.
    Should ask him about all the good things that come to mind about.. his mother.
    you would think that someone with your intellectual curiosity and artistic vision that you would be much better in your your designs and shops. sadly, your work lacks creativity and your eye for detail leaves something to be desired.

shut it down 4d

From the guy who just panned blade runner. Sorry simp, you have never even come close to anything i've ever done, so to criticize is about all you have to offer, and nobody takes you seriously because you bring nothing to the table and never have. PS, you've never seen my all pro stuff anyway, just the shit I do here that I put a 15 minute limit on producing.

There, now you have been shut down.

Load Metric
    Getting agitated are you? Not surprising. Typical emotional response of a replicant.
    you would think that someone with your intellectual curiosity and artistic vision that you would be much better in your your designs and shops. sadly, your work lacks creativity and your eye for detail leaves something to be desired.

shut it down 4d

From the guy who just panned blade runner. Sorry simp, you have never even come close to anything i've ever done, so to criticize is about all you have to offer, and nobody takes you seriously because you bring nothing to the table and never have. PS, you've never seen my all pro stuff anyway, just the shit I do here that I put a 15 minute limit on producing.

heads up; youre in a troll thread, being trolled.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    i've seen parts of blade runner over the years, but its one of those movies I just never got around to. If I'm going to watch it now, which version should I be watching? Original, director's cut, final cut, probably other versions.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    i've seen parts of blade runner over the years, but its one of those movies I just never got around to. If I'm going to watch it now, which version should I be watching? Original, director's cut, final cut, probably other versions.
    there are only two versions; the directors cut and the theater version.

imo they are both pretty exquisite, but the directors cut is definitely a deeper dive.

its truer to the book, lets put it like that, and the book is rather a huge fuck of the mind.
    Last edited by sonatine; 04-12-2016 at 01:23 PM.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Yeah they're two totally different movies really. I saw the Theatrical Cut with the voice over so many times that by the time i'd seen the Directors Cut, that it felt weird and empty without Harrison droning on about what you were literally already looking at, but it begrudgingly gives some back story about this guy who is the reluctant hero. Without it you really don't know why the fuck he's bothering with any of what's going on around him. But the Directors Cut has Unicorns, so there's that.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

shut it down 4d

Popeil is just one of those guys that got put in a headlock and given a bunch of noogies in grade school so many times that he feels safe throwing spit balls at the big kids now. Shit sadly doesn't change.

Load Metric
    the dude got fired by tyde for being incompetent and a generally boring, shitty person.

what else is there to say really?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

shut it down 4d

Popeil is just one of those guys that got put in a headlock and given a bunch of noogies in grade school so many times that he feels safe throwing spit balls at the big kids now. Shit sadly doesn't change.
    you should be practicing your trade not pretending to be cool..,..and your work is very unremarkable. srslyserious schooled you in 10 minutes and i'm sure i can do the same if i wanted to. but maybe,....just maybe you can use blade runner as inspiration and trump us all
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    the dude got fired by tyde for being incompetent and a generally boring, shitty person.

what else is there to say really?
    got a live one. these water buffalo weigh a ton and are hard to reel in.

still does't change the fact that blade runner sucks ass.

Load Metric

shut it down 4d

you should be practicing your trade not pretending to be cool..,..and your work is very unremarkable. srslyserious schooled you in 10 minutes and i'm sure i can do the same if i wanted to. but maybe,....just maybe you can use blade runner as inspiration and trump us all

The fun part is, you wouldn't say it to my face. I'd end you.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    watch the 1st one. as boring as it is bad, it''s also an instant cure for insomnia as you can't hear a word they're saying

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

oh no.....are you a cold blooded replicant, killing machine.

Load Metric

Name:  mjl.gif
Views: 310
Size:  929.8 KB

Load Metric
    was popeil ihumpedurmom on nwp or did he just steal the FCP logo?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    let me put it to you this way. for those that haven't seen the movie it will down down like this.

watch the original. before you start it, you will get excited as you say to yourself "how did i miss this great masterpiece that some people are talking about in such high regard"

then as you begin to watch you realize that maybe it's a slow movie and will get better. you will also realize that it's inaudible. you press on because how can so many people be glowing reviews be wrong and it must get better.

thing is it never does. the movie literally puts you to sleep. i'm not joking..it does put you to sleep because you immense yourself in it and it doesn't deliver on any level.....then, being the smart cookie that you think you are you will want to watch it again, because you want to like it, and maybe you missed something. you realize you can't live with be ostracized for not being smart enough to get/understand it, enjoy it...or better yet...here's the one i like revel in " the subtle complexities the film has"

you hear people talking about how good it is and half of them say shit straight out of the liberace school of cinema. " the imagery" the sets".."it was ahead of it's time"...another funny part about the film is these same people make vangelis out to be cool....isn't that a gas. thing is,...vangelis isn't cool...vangelis brought us chariots of fire and that stupid song that still in everyone's head from 30 years ago....if this movie want to be cool and trendy the fuckwad would have chosen brian eno for the soundtrack... most of the shit people say is meaningless nonsense to disguise how bad the film actually was.

the other half that talk/praise the film go in depth about robots, and about characters aspect of the movie...they go into detail at severely nerd levels when they do it as well. it's laughable as it is bad. and i'm not talking star trek geekness. at least star trek was watchable.

at sometime the movie was adopted and praised by the undergound elite. and it's gathered steam ever since. these people have taken a shitty movie and elevated it to become something it's not......it's not even about the movie.....it's about people who like the movie.....it's about class separation and elitist views as pertained to others. to look down on others who don't share their shitty vision because you're not smart enough. they will beat you down and insult you like any homo does. it's really sad actually.

Comments

MumblesBadly: "... IMMENSE yourself ..."? I thought those penis extension pills were bogus?

Load Metric
    What does it mean to be human? If that question does not interest you, Blade Runner is not for you. Ironically, it is Rutgers Hauer's character - an android - that finds the answer. When he saves Harrison Ford, it is because he realizes that life is fleeting, and all life is precious. It is of no matter whether that "life" is organic or digital.

The movie is remarkable for its drab depiction of the future. Technology does not always mean progress. Before Blade Runner, the "future" in movies looked clean and sterile (think 2001 and Star Wars). Afterwards, sci-fi movies began looking more "industrial". Just my 2 cents. If it is not you cup of tea, I understand.

Load Metric
    It saddens me to hear mulva has often been beaten down and insulted by homos. I'm fairly sure that's not typical behavior of homos, you've merely been unlucky while on the prowl or there's something in your actions that make homos behave in such manner towards you.

That said it seems the problem isn't with Blade Runner. It's what you expected it to be. Most people that rate this movie highly saw it 2-3 decades ago in a theater and/or at the time they were high. You really need to hit at least 2 of those things for the movie to be as good as it's praise. None of that takes anything away from the movie btw. It's still a very good scifi movie for something that was made in the early 80s.

Ps. If you're working down some kinda top 100 movies of all time list, you can just straight up skip Battleship Potemkin and Citizen Kane. Same things apply to those movies that apply to Blade Runner just that even more time has past since they were relevant or even mildly enjoyable.

Load Metric
    What does it mean to be human? If that question does not interest you, Blade Runner is not for you. Ironically, it is Rutgers Hauer's character - an android - that finds the answer. When he saves Harrison Ford, it is because he realizes that life is fleeting, and all life is precious. It is of no matter whether that "life" is organic or digital.

The movie is remarkable for its drab depiction of the future. Technology does not always mean progress. Before Blade Runner, the "future" in movies looked clean and sterile (think 2001 and Star Wars). Afterwards, sci-fi movies began looking more "industrial". Just my 2 cents. If it is not you cup of tea, I understand.
    I agree with your discussion of the first paragraph here, but perhaps these now-classic early 1970s dystopian sci-fi flicks were before your time:

I'm sure there are more examples, but I didn't want to mumble-up this thread *too* much with more links. But there is a theme in cinema "fashion" touched upon here: The public's taste function for optimistic versus pessimistic movies swings back and forth for variois reasons (e.g. economic conditions, political climate, world events). In fact, Blade Runner did terribly at the box office when initially released largely because the American viewing public at that time wanted movies that distracted them from the poor condition of the economy, which was still in the toilet -- in fact, the near-bottom as far as the stock market -- that had started in the middle 1970s and didn't really substantially recover until late 1983/84.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    I really enjoyed Omega Man.

Thread Information