Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Subcompact won't work for the family and all the stuff.

Decent idea, but too much of a pain in the ass, to be honest. Two car rentals and returns will waste a lot of time.

I have considered the solution of just self-parking it at one of the low-priced covered lots, and using a cab to get there when I return (the shuttle service FROM these places always seems to be fairly good, for some reason).
for a few dollars more you can get a larger car...most of the $87 is the drop off charge which doesn't vary by car type ( the Kia day rate is only $28)...and the rental is for 24 hours, so you rent/pick up the car the day before, leave from home next am with the whole family and drop it off at LAX before 24 hours is up...and when return you take the family home, then drive to the Enterprise and drop off...i believe they will give you the driver a ride to and from your house gratis (tip)
It's not really about the price. It's about the pain in the ass factor. Just adds a lot of time to do 2 rentals. I know because I rent cars all the time (including on this trip), and the whole thing is time consuming.

Just not worth it in order to avoid parking lot problems.