Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chumlee from Pawn Stars arrested for guns, meth, weed, sexual assault

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    aaaaaaand he skates on jail time.
    I fucking hate when people play the so called race card and claim "white privilege".

Then you see this happen. Of Chum was from the ghetto he gets 3 at the min. It's nice to have $$.

To be fair, Chumlee should never have gotten any kind of money under him other than a hand to mouth paycheck. I mean just look at him, it was like 100% that he'd go off the rails.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post

How in Gods Green Earth do you leave Detroit out of that equation?

Much respect Mr. 4D, I'm a fan, but Detroit is a city, we were only listing states.

state is not capitalized there:

http://www.mtcra.com/wp-content/uplo...-AND-STATE.pdf

Platinum
    Load Metric
    It is so funny how everyone on this board has absolutely zero knowledge about how the justice system works, in the real world. Oh shit CHESNOFF IS GOD HE MUST HAVE PAID HIM A BAZILLION TO GET OFF.

You aren't getting time for a LONG list of things if you have a minimal or no record at all, in most at least moderate parts of the country. Could you get an asshat judge once in a 100 chances who gives you some token time? Probably, but the other 99 times you aren't. Not to mention the fact Chumlee is an otherwise upstanding, tax paying member of the community. He isn't a drug dealer, he isn't a career criminal, and no judge in their right mind would ever sentence someone like that to prison time. Why? There is literally no reason. Give him some probation, don't get caught again doing anything for 3 years, get out of my courtroom I have actual violent criminals to worry about. The end, whether you have 5,000 in the bank or 5m.

Comments

wrenchjockey: this nigga right here knows

Tellafriend: nah, not really. see below

rum dick: 100% true 90% of the time

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    It is so funny how everyone on this board has absolutely zero knowledge about how the justice system works, in the real world. Oh shit CHESNOFF IS GOD HE MUST HAVE PAID HIM A BAZILLION TO GET OFF.

You aren't getting time for a LONG list of things if you have a minimal or no record at all, in most at least moderate parts of the country. Could you get an asshat judge once in a 100 chances who gives you some token time? Probably, but the other 99 times you aren't. Not to mention the fact Chumlee is an otherwise upstanding, tax paying member of the community. He isn't a drug dealer, he isn't a career criminal, and no judge in their right mind would ever sentence someone like that to prison time. Why? There is literally no reason. Give him some probation, don't get caught again doing anything for 3 years, get out of my courtroom I have actual violent criminals to worry about. The end, whether you have 5,000 in the bank or 5m.
    you are just smarter than the rest of us. carry on.

Load Metric

actually, can't let it go that easy. Chum was either a prior criminal with convictions or had some sort of documented drug problem which went through the courts. This is why he was charged with the firearm in possession of a prohibited person. He was also charged with felony drug possession based on the sheer amount of drugs and some sexual assault. maybe this isn't serious in your world, but it is in most of ours.

Load Metric

actually, can't let it go that easy. Chum was either a prior criminal with convictions or had some sort of documented drug problem which went through the courts. This is why he was charged with the firearm in possession of a prohibited person. He was also charged with felony drug possession based on the sheer amount of drugs and some sexual assault. maybe this isn't serious in your world, but it is in most of ours.
    Giving Chumlee money is the equivalent of giving 408mike money, nothing good was going to come of it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post

NV is probably up there with IL, NY and FL as far as corruption, but money still talks everywhere.
    Long time gone, I guess. You think Michigan is super corrupt overall? I don't know if it compares to the top dogs.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post

Long time gone, I guess. You think Michigan is super corrupt overall? I don't know if it compares to the top dogs.
    I think Detroit and Lansing have enough corruption for the rest of the State, but there are a few more redneck towns that have Judges under indictment and that makes me sick.. that I can't get in on that graft.

Load Metric
    aaaaaaand he skates on jail time.
    I fucking hate when people play the so called race card and claim "white privilege".

Then you see this happen. Of Chum was from the ghetto he gets 3 at the min. It's nice to have $$.

Are we sure about this? Wasn't he just charged with having drugs for persona use, and some bullshit gun charge, because it was illegal for him to have guns, since he was a drug user?

Obviously he got a much better deal than he would've if he had a public defender, but if you're going to commit crime you should at least have enough money to get an attorney. I'm guessing most attorneys that you have to pay could've gotten him a deal similar to this.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SetofKs View Post

Are we sure about this? Wasn't he just charged with having drugs for persona use, and some bullshit gun charge, because it was illegal for him to have guns, since he was a drug user?

Obviously he got a much better deal than he would've if he had a public defender, but if you're going to commit crime you should at least have enough money to get an attorney. I'm guessing most attorneys that you have to pay could've gotten him a deal similar to this.

Comments

Tellafriend: right is right
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    the sex charges were dropped, lack of evidence.

he had 1.7 grams of meth and 4 ounces of weed and 12 guns, 4 of which were registered to him.

1st offense + chesnoff = never doing a day in jail, ever.

honestly even with a public defender and no money for bail, 6 month suspended sentence / time served if no priors.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

he had 1.7 grams of meth and 4 ounces of weed and 12 guns, 4 of which were registered to him.

honestly even with a public defender and no money for bail, 6 month suspended sentence / time served if no priors.
    He had priors. He also had lots of Xanax.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2940782/chu...ly-irrelevant/

Comments

sonatine: forgot about the xanax, doubt there were priors per setofks comments below

Load Metric

Are you sure he had priors? He had none in clark county.. Even if he would've gone to trial, and been convicted on everything the time would've likely been served concurrently, and not consecutively, so the max he was really facing was 4 years. Obviously if you cut a deal you will get a lot less time than that, and if you have a decent attorney cut your deal for you, even less time if any.

Load Metric

Are you sure he had priors? He had none in clark county.. Even if he would've gone to trial, and been convicted on everything the time would've likely been served concurrently, and not consecutively, so the max he was really facing was 4 years. Obviously if you cut a deal you will get a lot less time than that, and if you have a decent attorney cut your deal for you, even less time if any.
    if not a prior conviction, then a prior drug charge which was expunged or the like after drug court/probation, etc. we know this b/c of the charge related to the firearms.

don't get me wrong, i'm not saying he should be crucified. but never serving a day in jail? And why have felonies if they are simply reduced b/c you don't commit any further crimes? we aren't supposed to commit crimes.

Load Metric

if not a prior conviction, then a prior drug charge which was expunged or the like after drug court/probation, etc. we know this b/c of the charge related to the firearms.

don't get me wrong, i'm not saying he should be crucified. but never serving a day in jail? And why have felonies if they are simply reduced b/c you don't commit any further crimes? we aren't supposed to commit crimes.

I assumed the guns were only illegal because he had drugs in the house, and was obviously a drug user. Being a drug user, and possessing guns is illegal in vegas. 4 of the guns were registered to him, would they register guns to somebody that is barred by law from owning guns?

Load Metric
    Maybe I'm wrong. But it's what I've deduced from what I've read. At the end of the day he got a sweet deal. Good for him.

Platinum
    Load Metric

You got some top notch public pretenders i mean defenders in your area. Looks like a 3-5 year DOC plea bargain here. Our lawmakers are very friendly with private private lobbyists. Of course that has nothing to do with it.

edit: Huffpo headline
    Tom Cotton Thinks America Isn’t Locking Enough People Up.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...2dhg5569vhd7vi

Load Metric
    Curious to see if he can still work in the pawn shop. For some reason I thought that required bonding of some sort.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Curious to see if he can still work in the pawn shop. For some reason I thought that required bonding of some sort.
    good ? my guess is that if a bond is a required, then misdemeanor won't preclude it, but in the interim while the felony pends he may not be able to.

Load Metric
    If Chumlee had a public defender instead of defense attorney David Chesnoff, he would have gotten a minimum 3 to 5 years in state prison.

The gun charges alone carry a minimum of 2 years in prison, if picked by the the feds, it would be a 5 year minimum sentence.

Thread Information