Thread: Life in prison for dealing marijuana

Load Metric

Life in prison for dealing marijuana

An Ontario man has been sentenced to life in prison for running a multi-million-dollar drug-trafficking operation that smuggled copious amounts of marijuana across the U.S. border.

The U.S. Attorney’s Office says 45-year-old Michael “Mickey” Woods of Cornwall, Ont., was sentenced Thursday in federal court in Syracuse.

Woods and his co-defendant Gaetan Dinelle, also of Cornwall, were convicted in July of operating an international marijuana operation from their hometown from about 2005 until 2008.

Prosecutors say Woods procured large quantities of pot in Canada and arranged with Dinelle to have it smuggled across the border using couriers who then delivered it to buyers throughout the eastern U.S.
    Officials estimate the operation smuggled thousands of kilograms of high-grade pot worth about US $47 million.

Dinelle is scheduled to be sentenced Thursday.

Load Metric
    Looks like there are dozens of people in USA in similar situation. Amazes me how you can kill someone and get out much sooner...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    Looks like there are dozens of people in USA in similar situation. Amazes me how you can kill someone and get out much sooner...
    Agreed. The War on Drugs is flucking idiotic. See the latest story I posted on a thread dedicated to its insanity.
    http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...l=1#post502798
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Nobody on earth has a higher prison population than America.

Sometimes watch american prison programs were they get real footage of the inside of the prisons and its inmates. Most of whom are pure scum who should never get out... But also plenty of young men doing or facing huge stretches for relatively minor offences... I couldn't believe some of the sentences handed down for non-violent crimes. Just insane.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Load Metric
    Prisons are big business here in the States. We've created a multi billion dollar industry that rewards private companies for incarceration. CA spent 2 billion alone in medical care for prisoners. Let that sink in for a minute.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    America Land of the Free, where there are more laws out numbering what I can do, than what I can't do.

Literally, there is a law for almost everything besides (maybe) how you eat, sleep and breath.

The justice system believes in harsh penalties and they use fines as a source of revenue, a tax.

How about instead of making people feel/look like criminals so you can fleece them of their money you just increase regular taxes? Political suicide. The politically correct way to do it is to be hard on crime. The average American is such an idiot he thinks the justice system is their to protect them and these awful criminals deserve everything they get and owe every dime they are fined.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Prisons are big business here in the States. We've created a multi billion dollar industry that rewards private companies for incarceration. CA spent 2 billion alone in medical care for prisoners. Let that sink in for a minute.

Private contractors having financial incentive for locking people up?

lol that is fucking outrageous.

Also a violation of your basic human rights. Incredible.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FR1GHT View Post
    America Land of the Free, where there are more laws out numbering what I can do, than what I can't do.

Literally, there is a law for almost everything besides (maybe) how you eat, sleep and breath.

The justice system believes in harsh penalties and they use fines as a source of revenue, a tax.

How about instead of making people feel/look like criminals so you can fleece them of their money you just increase regular taxes? Political suicide. The politically correct way to do it is to be hard on crime. The average American is such an idiot he thinks the justice system is their to protect them and these awful criminals deserve everything they get and owe every dime they are fined.

America is welcome to send its non-idiot, non-Republican citizens over to the UK.

A single cruise ship should cover it.

Comments

herbertstemple: We'll just send our n-words to you, you stupid piece of euro trash.

big dick: offset the stupid white trash hillbilly neg

Load Metric
    An Ontario man has been sentenced to life in prison for running a multi-million-dollar drug-trafficking operation that smuggled copious amounts of marijuana across the U.S. border.

The U.S. Attorney’s Office says 45-year-old Michael “Mickey” Woods of Cornwall, Ont., was sentenced Thursday in federal court in Syracuse.

Woods and his co-defendant Gaetan Dinelle, also of Cornwall, were convicted in July of operating an international marijuana operation from their hometown from about 2005 until 2008.

Prosecutors say Woods procured large quantities of pot in Canada and arranged with Dinelle to have it smuggled across the border using couriers who then delivered it to buyers throughout the eastern U.S.
    Officials estimate the operation smuggled thousands of kilograms of high-grade pot worth about US $47 million.

So what is an appropriate punishment for running an international drug ring, with over $47 million worth seized? Just lol and let the guy out?

I always hate these "doing life for pot" threads because the implication is Bobby Stoner from the local 7-11 got life and it's literally NEVER the case. It's always a 10 time habitual felon or the leader of an international drug ring. But fucktards try to frame it to fit their agenda obviously
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

So what is an appropriate punishment for running an international drug ring, with over $47 million worth seized? Just lol and let the guy out?

I always hate these "doing life for pot" threads because the implication is Bobby Stoner from the local 7-11 got life and it's literally NEVER the case. It's always a 10 time habitual felon or the leader of an international drug ring. But fucktards try to frame it to fit their obviously
    This is spot on. If this guy had a $47M stash, plenty of people died along the way. Some people hate the law/cops because their own personal life is such a failure. People who routinely get "harassed" by cops almost always deserve it. Are there exceptions, sure, but in life you play the averages. Have I had some close calls and a couple run ins over the years? Yep, it was generally alcohol induced and you either learn from it as you get older or head the fuck to Mexico.

You have a $47M stash you are going away for life, not sure why anyone is surprised.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Good

Weed is one of the most dangerous drugs out there

I almost overdosed once

On chocolate chip cookies

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

I always hate these "doing life for pot" threads because the implication is Bobby Stoner from the local 7-11 got life and it's literally NEVER the case. It's always a 10 time habitual felon or the leader of an international drug ring. But fucktards try to frame it to fit their agenda obviously
    Probably 5-10 years. About the same for a similar financial crime.

Load Metric
    Having seen the inside of this whole fiasco with sending drug dealers and he'll even drug users to the dungeon effectively over pot. Yeah it's a fucking waste honestly. I see guys doing years for "dangerous drug possession" here in AZ and all it is, is a felony conviction for repeated marajuana convictions. Some guys are getting hit harder then the child touchers on the Pedo yard and it's disgusting to me honestly.

Had one guy who we had to take care of post stroke from his drug abuse. Really dude shouldn't have been in jail he needed help not prison besides a guy like him ends up being a burden for tax payers at this point. He's in a wheelchair for life with little use of his left side. Yeah that's effective use of prison space. NOT!!

Load Metric
    People whining about some greedy ass millionaire going to prison?

Could be worse. Could send him to the UK. He would catch aids and die. Nothing but euro trash faggots there.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertstemple View Post
    People whining about some greedy ass millionaire going to prison?

Could be worse. Could send him to the UK. He would catch aids and die. Nothing but euro trash faggots there.

lol one of my best customers here boys.

Load Metric
    Hate to say it, but I agree with Jsearles here to some degree, and that is it's misleading to say the guy is serving a life sentence for dealing pot. With that type of operation there are going to be a multitude of charges related to the crime. It's not like they're just hitting this guy with a local trafficking charge... Most likely racketeering, tax evasion, obv trafficking across state lines and in this case across borders... Very serious shit.

That said, a life sentence is harsh, but I would venture to guess if this is a first offense he's eligible for parole in 12-15 years, maybe less.

Load Metric
    Also, one other misleading quote was about the $47 million. Common practice by law enforcement to exaggerate the $ amount associated with drug crimes. They basically always do the math speculating that the dealer received the retail street price received by the end dealer, as opposed to the actual wholesale price.

This dude would have had to have shipped approximately 19,000 lbs of bud to bring in $47 million. To put that into perspective, let's say he achieved these numbers in a year... He literally would have had to have been growing in a 100,000 sq foot facility using about 8,000 amps, which ain't happening illegally. Underground indoor grows rarely exceed a 10,000 sq foot footprint, usually more like 3,000 sq ft. Smell mitigation and power are killers when it comes to this shit... Maybe he had a bunch of grows set up? Possibly, but to run an abundance of grows of that magnitude takes a shitload of space, build out and man power. Think about all that goes into that without getting popped. It simply just doesn't happen like that. You literally need acres of outdoor space, the right climate, water and soil to rake in that kind of money from weed... This is why Mexico and Cali have always ruled and no one else could ever come close. $47 million in Canada ain't happening illegally with a one or two man operation. This would have had to have been a massive organization.

Comments

tyde: you can always count on Vegas to make his presence known in a marijuana thread....hof
    Last edited by vegas1369; 01-15-2016 at 11:09 PM.

Load Metric
    Read the article again... My bad, said he procured it, not grew it, and over the course of 3-4 years.

Still a shitload of weed, 10 freaking tons.

Thread Information