Silver
    Load Metric

Congratulations PFA's traffic now ranks higher than DonkDown

According to traffic reports compiled by Alexa.com

DonkDown.com...............Global Ranking 174,074

PFA..............................Global Ranking 163,580

LOLZ

Load Metric
    Alexa is irrelevant, but I think common sense would tell you that PFA has more activity.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    For those of you that don't know, Alexa is a very flawed way of determining net traffic, but unfortunately is the best that's out there.

That is, you can install your own tools to do a better job than Alexa, but if you want to examine the traffic of a website that you don't own, Alexa is your best option.

Why is Alexa flawed? Because it gets its data only from people who install their toolbar on their browser. So if you have a website full of net-savvy users who hate installing crap like Alexa on their toolbars, your traffic will be under-reported. If your site is full of the type of people who install every stupid toolbar that's available, your traffic will be over-reported. And then, of course, there's the "luck" factor, especially for smaller websites. If my site and your site both have 10,000 monthly visitors, but my site happens to have 3 times as many people with the Alexa toolbar, I will appear to have 3 times more traffic than you, when in reality it's the same.

With that said, Alexa still has some usefulness to get a broad picture of your traffic and how it relates to similar sites.

This site's Alexa numbers were steadily rising until we had our server problems. Between the loss of traffic due to downtime and the 2-week-or-so period where people were directed to pokerfraudalert.net and pokerfraudalert.info (thus appearing to Alexa that pokerfraudalert.com had no traffic), our numbers fell.

However, I can tell you from my own statistics that I'm happy with the traffic so far, and it's actually exceeding my expectations.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    For those of you that don't know, Alexa is a very flawed way of determining net traffic, but unfortunately is the best that's out there.

That is, you can install your own tools to do a better job than Alexa, but if you want to examine the traffic of a website that you don't own, Alexa is your best option.

Why is Alexa flawed? Because it gets its data only from people who install their toolbar on their browser. So if you have a website full of net-savvy users who hate installing crap like Alexa on their toolbars, your traffic will be under-reported. If your site is full of the type of people who install every stupid toolbar that's available, your traffic will be over-reported. And then, of course, there's the "luck" factor, especially for smaller websites. If my site and your site both have 10,000 monthly visitors, but my site happens to have 3 times as many people with the Alexa toolbar, I will appear to have 3 times more traffic than you, when in reality it's the same.

With that said, Alexa still has some usefulness to get a broad picture of your traffic and how it relates to similar sites.

This site's Alexa numbers were steadily rising until we had our server problems. Between the loss of traffic due to downtime and the 2-week-or-so period where people were directed to pokerfraudalert.net and pokerfraudalert.info (thus appearing to Alexa that pokerfraudalert.com had no traffic), our numbers fell.

However, I can tell you from my own statistics that I'm happy with the traffic so far, and is actually exceeding my expectations.
    Druff give me $100 and I'll install the Alexa toolbar.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    18 posts on DD today, 7 by limitles so they don't really count.

Of course he started all 3 (yeah, 3) threads over there today as well.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Was going to keep this quiet, but fuck it.

We are on pace for about 24,000 unique IPs in May, and that's AFTER removing the myriad of proxies that were used to attempt to connect here.

This doesn't mean 24,000 unique people, because many have several IPs, but I feel it's a very nice start for a site that has only been up since March (and had technical problems last month).

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    However, I can tell you from my own statistics that I'm happy with the traffic so far, and it's actually exceeding my expectations.
    stop being politician and tell the truth

I watch this like the stocks

FWIW My #s tell me todd has a MONSTER

PFA is dominating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post

Scroll up.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post

Scroll up.
    saw obv

Platinum
    Load Metric
    And now PFA has about 18 posts in the last 40 min or so.

With none from limitles.

PFA has ripped the heart right out of DD in record time, and as the great orator Mike Tyson would say, "maybe will just fade into bolivian"

Load Metric

We are on pace for about 24,000 unique IPs in May, and that's AFTER removing the myriad of proxies that were used to attempt to connect here.

This doesn't mean 24,000 unique people, because many have several IPs, but I feel it's a very nice start for a site that has only been up since March (and had technical problems last month).
    Good thing you didn't make a bet with a certain someone about 20,000 unique people. Would be a rough night for that dog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    And now PFA has about 18 posts in the last 40 min or so.

With none from limitles.

PFA has ripped the heart right out of DD in record time, and as the great orator Mike Tyson would say, "maybe will just fade into bolivian"
    PFA is GOD

ZIf Micon had just listened DD would have survived

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Muck Ficon View Post

Good thing you didn't make a bet with a certain someone about 20,000 unique people. Would be a rough night for that dog.
    True but more than likely if he bet that dog couldnt pay

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    One of the things that is weird is that the guys who micon booted Druff for have almost completely dissapered. When Druff wanted to boot Suicide Kings I agreed you couldn't just boot a long time NWP member who had contributed a lot in the past. I told Druff to calm down and ignore the old school posters who were welcomed back.

Of the Group -- been, mwh72, indianaslim/jim, SK, bob, and Sonatine. Only Sonatine and Bob seem to be a somewhat regular posters. They got rid of druff and then haven't contributed anything to DD. Wait. Mwh72 does post at DD to complain about how he cant post at PFA.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Muck Ficon View Post

Load Metric

wait, wait, wait. Can we have a one post unban of Jewdonk to give his authoritative take on this? He seemed to have the best information currently available on web traffic, unique IPs, and how to use this information to generate a steady income.

Load Metric

Squirrel dicks micon, squirrel dicks!

Load Metric

Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by bukowski72 View Post
    One of the things that is weird is that the guys who micon booted Druff for have almost completely dissapered. When Druff wanted to boot Suicide Kings I agreed you couldn't just boot a long time NWP member who had contributed a lot in the past. I told Druff to calm down and ignore the old school posters who were welcomed back.

Of the Group -- been, mwh72, indianaslim/jim, SK, bob, and Sonatine. Only Sonatine and Bob seem to be a somewhat regular posters. They got rid of druff and then haven't contributed anything to DD. Wait. Mwh72 does post at DD to complain about how he cant post at PFA.
    "It's like we're looking down on Wayne's basement..... Only that's not Wayne's basement. Isn't that weird?
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The May numbers are in.

PFA finished barely above 30,000 unique IPs AFTER subtracting the blocked proxy attempts.

These are seriously much better numbers than I expected.

Thread Information