Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FEAR OF THE WALKING MEH

Load Metric

Not feeling the fear yet but it should be fun when the police, military, white supremacists and doomsday survivalists show up and start machine gunning everybody to death.

Load Metric
    tine's slippin

i can't form an opinion until i hear his review of tonight's episode

Load Metric
    i mean, its hitting a few nice notes and i get the whole 'calm before the storm' style pacing but real talk this show is made for 13 year olds.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    i mean, its hitting a few nice notes and i get the whole 'calm before the storm' style pacing but real talk this show is made for 13 year olds.
    fearing the walking "meh" was the perfect title

it's just promising enough to make me watch it every week but it's currently no where near "must see tv"

i hope the little fat kid (eugene jr.) changes that
    Last edited by WillieMcFML; 08-30-2015 at 10:55 PM.

Load Metric
    the second the dad was like "Theres nothing out there you want to see!" to his son in the barber shop, I was like uh oh.

when the son walked away from his front row seat to the collapse of civlization and sat down, in the dark, and picked up a magazine, I was like ohhhh noooo.

and when the dad immediately capers up to the grill and starts drinking it all in while his teenage son blindly leafs through cosmo, I was like the second HBO brings something back to the table on Sunday nights, this show is getting mothballed and then the remainder of the season is getting fast forwarded through during a flight at some point.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    also the mom just stoically stopping her daughter from leaving the house while her awful child shrieks at her instead of just being like "BITCH BE COOL THERE ARE ZOMBIES OUT THERE AND YOU NEED TO UNFUCK YOUR HEAD" i was like ohhhh i get it, because kids and parents are such a source of constant tension amirite?

Load Metric
    Two weeks in and I am not impressed. Next week there better be some serious zombie brainspatter, or I am done with this show. If the zombies eat the entire cast next week and they started with brand new characters in week 4, that would be fine.

Load Metric
    I would be very surprised if the first season of this isn't better than the next season of TWD. They are pretty close to just becoming Lord of the Flies.

Load Metric
    im not comfortable drawing comparisons between the two series.

TWD is a zombie show. FWM is just an examination of personal, psychological, and social dynamics during a SHTF event. Although its a zombie scenario in this case, you can basically do a modular swapout with the major arcana of SHTF type runbook profiles and you have the same show pretty much (that said although "zombie attack" is usually an obvious metaphor for "race war" in most survival cultures, people modeling pathogen transmission do actually use zombie viruses among others).

I think if you want to get down to critique, for me the final score is going to be based on whether or not they had the creative latitude, vision, and acting talent to bring a suitable product to market, and right now its looking a lot like they gave up on their loftier goals and tried to salvage the remainder as some form of teen angst MTV show.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    hats off to the actor that plays the dad. he falls under the category "i know you but don't know your name" more believably as a working class/gangster character actor...he did play FBI before..

it would make sense to see this show tie into the walking dead down the line. hopefully the show will get better abdgain some traction, but people will watch it regardless becuse they're hard up for anything decent, let alone good. trutrh is the walking dead hasn't been good for a couple of seasons which all coincided w/ them shacking up in the farmhouse then prison
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    That ese needs some tres flores and a hair net though for real. his curly hair is tilting me

Load Metric
    I am watching the first episode. Pretty boring so far. The druggie kid is irritating. Its picking up with the druggie's mom getting bit. Ill give it another episode. Did you guys stick with it? Reminds me I only got through a few episodes of Better Call Saul. Need to finish that one off as well.

Load Metric
    I made it through the first episode, and like the show QUANTICO, I deemed these as not worth my time and deleted from my DVR queue.

Load Metric
    Yeah it had a ton of promise and suddenly they just kinda leaped over every really innovative dynamic they could have riffed on and went straight to sloppy chaos for sloppy chaos' sake.

I dont hate it but its for 13 year olds lets be real.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Yeah it had a ton of promise and suddenly they just kinda leaped over every really innovative dynamic they could have riffed on and went straight to sloppy chaos for sloppy chaos' sake.

I dont hate it but its for 13 year olds lets be real.
    They said they wanted to show society breaking down with the whole series. They pretty much covered it in 6 episodes.

The group is at a similar spot where they ended season 1 of TWD. They are in a temporarily safe spot, regrouping. I don't see how the story is going to be different than TWD.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    i love how no one is quite ready to point out that it portrays mexicans as mystical atavist peasants like across the board pretty much.

Load Metric
    This show should have been at worst 1 episode equals 1 day, or even better take a couple of episodes to cover a whole day. They could be a couple of seasons in before society completely breaks down. As they sit, it's just a worst TWD with less developed characters. The trailer looks like they will follow TWD's lead with entire story lines where they all look for someone that wandered off instead of actually trying to set up some sort of protect space.
    Last edited by ToasterOven; 07-24-2016 at 11:16 AM.

Load Metric
    Gave up on this piece of shit show. Not dvr worthy.

Comments

ToasterOven: correct statement

Load Metric
    i wonder if they even bothered to focus group this show... the premise was sooooooo good and they left it behind in about 2 hours.

also like remember when the kid on his roof spotted the house on the hill flashing lights at them? and they just kinda walked away from that entire thread?

also seriously im so fucking tired of people who are covered entirely in blood... except for this raccoon mask of perfect, clean skin around their eyes.

Thread Information