Thread: Windows 10...Should You Upgrade...Yes or No?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Load Metric

Windows 10...Should You Upgrade...Yes or No?

If your running Windows 7 or 8, you may have noticed a Get Windows 10 button in the lower right corner of the task bar.

Starting tomorrow people will begin downloading Windows 10 on their computers.

If you upgrade you get Windows 10 "free" for a year, then it's $120 or $200 for the Pro version.
    If you don't pay $120 then does Microsoft lock up your computer until it's paid?

Microsoft intends to make tens of millions more by marketing Windows 10 like Ransomware.

Windows 10 review: the best of Windows 7 and 8
    http://www.engadget.com/2015/07/28/windows-10-review/

The reviews of Windows 10 are very good and I intend to run it on new computers.
    I will retire my old laptops and PC running Windows 7 and 8 instead of upgrading, just in case there is a problem, which there usually is with Microsoft products.

It's always a good idea to run new operating systems on new PC or Laptops instead a installing one on an old system.

Maybe now it's a good time to just get a MAC instead of another Windows computer.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post

If you upgrade you get Windows 10 "free" for a year, then it's $120 or $200 for the Pro version.
    If you don't pay $120 then does Microsoft lock up your computer until it's paid?

Microsoft intends to make tens of millions more by marketing Windows 10 like Ransomware.
    That article is a little confusing - but most of the confusion is from Microsoft itself.

Windows 10 is a free upgrade providing you upgrade in the next 12 months from Windows 7 and Windows 8. If you do upgrade in the next 12 months, then you have windows 10 with nothing further to pay.

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwin...ws-windows-10/

Delivering Windows as a Service and a Free Upgrade to Windows 10

Today was a monumental day for us on the Windows team because we shared our desire to redefine the relationship we have with you – our customers. We announced that a free upgrade for Windows 10 will be made available to customers running Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows Phone 8.1 who upgrade in the first year after launch.*

This is more than a one-time upgrade: once a Windows device is upgraded to Windows 10, we will continue to keep it current for the supported lifetime of the device – at no cost. With Windows 10, the experience will evolve and get even better over time. We’ll deliver new features when they’re ready, not waiting for the next major release. We think of Windows as a Service – in fact, one could reasonably think of Windows in the next couple of years as one of the largest Internet services on the planet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Downloading now. Will report back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    Name:  eeAwu7R.jpg
Views: 778
Size:  77.9 KB

http://uploaded.net/file/ommiq2gu

I have no need for 10, I have 7 and successfully avoided 8. Until I go touchscreen i'm not gonna bother.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    They removed Windows Media Center from Windows 10 which I need that for my cable card tuner so their is no way I'm downloading this shit.

I will ride Windows 7 out until they stop supporting it which most likely won't be for a few years.

Hopefully I don't need to buy a new computer then be forced to use Windows 10 or purchase Windows 7 outright for the new one.

Comments

4Dragons: outright

Load Metric
    It sounds like they internally admitted/accepted that Windows 8 was an abomination, if Windows 10 went back to the previous UI basics (7) and is reasonably stable, I might hollar if the benchmarks justify it providing Plex etc port well to it.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    I may actually upgrade. I loved my Start button.
    Good god man, go get this right now: http://www.classicshell.net/

I'm hearing that Windows 10 a clusterfuck, so I'll wait until it's stable before seriously considering it.

Comments

LegalizeMeth: thanks for this

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I did today and got a black screen with a mouse arrow. I had to roll back to 8.1

classic msft fail

Load Metric
    I ran the Windows 10 insider preview on one of my computers for a while. Had some compatibility issues...which is to be expected when running a preview version. That said, it was much better than Windows 8. I have two computers with Windows 8 that are going to be updated to Windows 10. My other computer has Windows 7 and I'm just going to keep it at that for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Silver
    Load Metric
    MS screws up EVERYTHING they touch.

That one person is "excited" about Windows 10 shows you how fucking stupid the mass of humanity is.

Windows 7, a fix for Windows Vista, is pretty damn good - especially from the FUBAR-Microsoft Corp

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I asked Arnold Schwarzenegger if he was going to upgrade and he said, "I still love Vista, baby"

http://www.reddit.com/r/jokes

Comments

DRK Star: I chuckled

Thread Information