Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Brian Hastings MA'ing allegations

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantium View Post
    Its not even fucking close to being dirty or related in any way
    If you disagree that it's dishonest or unethical, that's fine. I think most people consider hustling to be somewhat dirty, but I won't argue with you there.

But not related? Everyone made these bets with Hastings because he led them to believe that he was rusty and out of practice, while he was secretly grinding high stakes mixed games. How is that not hustling?

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    If you disagree that it's dishonest or unethical, that's fine. I think most people consider hustling to be somewhat dirty, but I won't argue with you there.

But not related? Everyone made these bets with Hastings because he led them to believe that he was rusty and out of practice, while he was secretly grinding high stakes mixed games. How is that not hustling?

I'm sure he didn't strike these bets two months ago and said I won't practise or study before the WSOP.

He's hardly Titanic Thompson
    cmoney :It would be nice if Mexico could simply get human feces out of its drinking water

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by YUUP View Post
    I'm sure he didn't strike these bets two months ago and said I won't practise or study before the WSOP.

He's hardly Titanic Thompson
    He's been at it since at least February.

Like I said before, I don't think it's a huge deal. Downplaying (or even straight lying about) your abilities to get favorable action is part of the game. It's also the definition of hustling, but we're just arguing semantics now.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Maybe I just don't get it but I think this is faux outrage over absolutely nothing. I don't care if he was using an "illegal" account at PS or playing live at the Bike. He went out and improved his game (or more likely went out and ran like God for 2 days) and won a bracelet. What the fuck is wrong with that? More importantly how the hell does any of this excuse someone from paying off a bracelet bet? Hell no.
    people are pissed because he may have had reads on them online and could easily exploit or maybe wouldnt have played him because he is very good.

Load Metric
    Name:  jermain.jpg
Views: 612
Size:  12.7 KB

I don't have a FB. Quit derailing this thread.

Comments

jacosta24: What's wrong you cant take it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Gold
    Load Metric
    regarding the bracelet bets - no sympathy for anyone who made bets thinking they had an edge/were getting a +ev spot vs a guy who in theory is supposed to be a little rusty. alarm bells should have been going off as to why stinger wanted such action instead of rushing to book bets like they were printing free money. this is what prop bets are all about.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post
    "All,

I have been following the thread some but been very busy this summer playing the WSOP. I'm aware of the allegations, but at this time I have nothing to add to the conversation publicly. I stopped caring what strangers on the internet said or thought about me many years ago; otherwise I probably would've jumped off the deep end by now. What I do care about is something like this being a major story in the poker world at a time in which the WSOP is in full force and we should be trying to promote and grow the game of poker, rather than drag it through the mud. Think what you want about me, but one thing I have in common with most people reading this is that we love the game of poker and want to be able to play it freely in the comfort of our own homes. I'm moving back to PA soon to play 400/800 mix live and be closer to Sonya's and my parents, and state regulation of online poker would be a nice cherry on top.

I think especially those of us who are professional poker players should be taking steps to try to promote and grow the game, rather than feeling sorry for themselves because Cardrunners was founded, Black Friday happened, everybody is too good now, etc. With enough hard work, I truly believe that just about anyone (at least anyone smart enough to be browsing 2+2) can make a living playing poker in 2015. I think it's unfortunate that certain people have been on bad runs and choose to take their frustrations out outwardly rather than by trying to self improve, but I get it, it's certainly not always easy. I did not turn a profit in 2 of the previous 3 years, but with an improved mindset, an amazing woman in my life, and a strong work ethic, I've gotten my game back to where it needs to be.

This will be my last post in this thread. If you'd like to discuss further with me I'm just a PM away."

Brian
    What an obnoxious, arrogant final statement.

Basically, he's saying, "I refuse to answer any of your cheating accusations. You guys are just bitter that you're losing in poker, while I am winning. Your sour grapes is dragging the game down. Let's be positive, folks! I'll soon be moving back to the US and won't be playing on Stars anymore, so whether I cheated earlier in the year should be irrelevant. Work on your game, folks! Lovingly, Brian."

Clearly he's guilty of the multi-accounting here. If he were innocent, the statement would have been, "I have no idea what anyone is talking about, and I have never played on the Noel Hayes account. Stars is welcome to investigate, because I am 100% innocent here."

Sometimes making no statement is better than making an evasive statement.

This is one of those times.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    regarding the bracelet bets - no sympathy for anyone who made bets thinking they had an edge/were getting a +ev spot vs a guy who in theory is supposed to be a little rusty. alarm bells should have been going off as to why stinger wanted such action instead of rushing to book bets like they were printing free money. this is what prop bets are all about.
    Agree.

I don't think the "OMG he's been practicing on Stars, he wasn't actually rusty after all!" thing is a big deal. Sure, he misrepresented how "rusty" he was, but a smart player like him could easily pick up enough knowledge of these games in 2 months to where he would still be a force at the table. So anyone betting against him based upon his own admissions of "rust" were hustled, but this wasn't anything terrible.

The bad part was the multi-accounting at high stakes on Stars. If people wouldn't have given him action under his own account there, then he was being unethical to play them under a different account -- especially if that account had a losing record prior to Brian taking it over. That's where the focus should be, not the bracelet bets.

On a side note, I wonder how Brian's family feels about his girlfriend. I'm not just talking about the black thing. She has the appearance of a wild, hard-partying gold digger, while Brian looks like someone you would see at a Magic the Gathering tournament. Viffer's girlfriend at least has the appearance of a sweet, girl-next-door type. This one looks like she latched onto Brian specifically for the $. I know nothing about her, but that's just my read from the pictures I've seen. You've got to think his Pennsylvanian parents aren't very happy about this.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Brian's "final statement" reminds me of Stoxtrader's empty arrogant statements when he was caught multi-accounting/colluding, except amazingly, this one says even less than Stoxtrader's posts.

Load Metric
    jacosta is really fucking up the grade curve here.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

uhhhh stu unger betting someone 5k they can reach the green from a sand trap then pulling a foot long golf tee out of his back pocket is a hustle.

people betting hastings he cant bink bracelets because they believe brian when he says hes rusty isnt a hustle, its a bunch of opportunistic scavengers got took for their bets.

ps: the guy betting stu laughed, sighed, then paid.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jacosta24 View Post

She still looks better than Muck Ficon's mom

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    maybe not if Muck's mom had herself made over Rachal Dolezal style
    Muck don't deny the woman that gave you birth, this was really on his FB....

Comments

sonatine: stop trying so hard, for one.

Muck Ficon: Lol give it up dude. Seriously, this is just pathetic.

gauchojake: For sonatine

vegas1369: For gauchojake

Load Metric
    now i have to neg two other of your posts.

this is hard work.

Load Metric
    druff please change all my jacosta greens to reds i cant even

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    uhhhh stu unger betting someone 5k they can reach the green from a sand trap then pulling a foot long golf tee out of his back pocket is a hustle.

people betting hastings he cant bink bracelets because they believe brian when he says hes rusty isnt a hustle, its a bunch of opportunistic scavengers got took for their bets.

So what does a pool hustler do? Use marbles?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

So what does a pool hustler do? Use marbles?

apples and oranges. totally different morality, rules, culture.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Somehow missed the Bakes PM posted on page 2 here, and just reposted it myself like an idiot.

Seriously, I read this whole thread, and just totally skipped that somehow.

So anyway, I'm really getting to dislike Hastings from reading his responses. Already lost some respect because of the "playing together against Isildur" thing, but the attitude he's displaying here is really unbelievable.

Seriously... trying to tell people not to out his wrongdoing because "it's going to hurt poker" is just so LOL.

He also cried to the mods about the Bakes PM being posted, citing that the 2+2 rules state you can't post PMs. Fortunately, cooler heads prevailed and his request to delete it was...

What a smarmy asshole.

Anyway, like Stoxtrader, I have a feeling he is going to slink out of poker and not be seen again. But perhaps not. Stoxtrader had a real job (hence his name), whereas Brian doesn't really have much else to do, and Sonya isn't going to be cheap to keep happy.

Load Metric
    real talk tho, how great was stoxtrader back in the days? that guy slew.

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Somehow missed the Bakes PM posted on page 2 here, and just reposted it myself like an idiot.

So anyway, I'm really getting to dislike Hastings from reading his responses. Already lost some respect because of the "playing together against Isildur" thing, but the attitude he's displaying here is really unbelievable.

Seriously... trying to tell people not to out his wrongdoing because "it's going to hurt poker" is just so LOL.

He also cried to the mods about the Bakes PM being posted, citing that the 2+2 rules state you can't post PMs. Fortunately, cooler heads prevailed and his request to delete it was...

What a smarmy asshole.

Anyway, like Stoxtrader, I have a feeling he is going to slink out of poker and not be seen again. But perhaps not. Stoxtrader had a real job (hence his name), whereas Brian doesn't really have much else to do, and Sonya isn't going to be cheap to keep happy.
    Why do you keep on insisting this n-word "female" is an attractive golddigger?
    Slava Ukraini!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

What a smarmy asshole.

Why do you keep on insisting this n-word "female" is an attractive golddigger?
    She doesn't have to be attractive to be a gold digger.

Thread Information