Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: *** official **** screwed down techno live mix broadcast of the day **** official ***

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    chaps, we all understand that a huge portion of your e-personality is based around being a make believe dj but really, just go limp. make a shoot video, build ships in bottles, do something other than sit here and shitpost for a bit.

you'll feel better, we'll feel better.

this is just awkward and unseemly to watch.

You called Yves techno, bro. You need to log off. You became a DJ when I started posting mixes. Sad.

I became a dj when you started posting mixes.... you actually just said that.

I have turntables. You have some shareware and a laptop.

I have 15+ crates of vinyl. You take requests, go straight to youtube.

Corey I started DJing in clubs in 1991.

How old were you in 1991?

How old are you now?

You have the musical taste of an Italian hair dresser. Or.. a developmentally disabled Nova Scotian internet dj who hasnt held down a job, a dj gig, or a human relationship in quite possibly his entire life.

Stop being jealous. Do your own thing.

I wish you the best of luck in.. whatever the fuck you call what youre doing with your life.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    chaps, we all understand that a huge portion of your e-personality is based around being a make believe dj but really, just go limp. make a shoot video, build ships in bottles, do something other than sit here and shitpost for a bit.

you'll feel better, we'll feel better.

this is just awkward and unseemly to watch.

You called Yves techno, bro. You need to log off. You became a DJ when I started posting mixes. Sad.
    Calm down....turn on your webcam...smoke a little weed...and make a "Chap's Shoots" video about Sonatine.

Comments

sonatine: fucking sfo

DJ_Chaps: Not sure why you're even in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric

I became a dj when you started posting mixes.... you actually just said that.

I have turntables. You have some shareware and a laptop.

I have 15+ crates of vinyl. You take requests, go straight to youtube.

Corey I started DJing in clubs in 1991.

How old were you in 1991?

How old are you now?

You have the musical taste of an Italian hair dresser. Or.. a developmentally disabled Nova Scotian internet dj who hasnt held down a job, a dj gig, or a human relationship in quite possibly his entire life.

Stop being jealous. Do your own thing.

I wish you the best of luck in.. whatever the fuck you call what youre doing with your life.

That's funny, you never mentioned it until I was steady dropping links.

I sold my tables years ago, when it looked like I was done for good. When I decided I wasn't done yet, the turntable had gone the way of the VCR. Obv I prefer vinyl, but ya gotta adapt to the scene here, CDJs in every booth ffs.

Link me to some flyers with your name on em, I love old flyers.

My musical tastes? You don't know em, I play a LOT of different music. You play reggae LMAO

Link to next gig? Since you're swimming in em..... I'll link the only gig I've gone for this summer(and obv gotten).

You seem flustered. Didn't mean to shut down your troll thread with facts. Just hate seeing the music I love, get shit on by someone who doesn't care for it.

Load Metric
    ok chaps, feel better.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    shout out to sol, quietly warming his hands over the embers of corey's personality.

Load Metric
    I gotta run for a bit. keep this thread hot for me.

edit: you're welcome for linking your lapdog to this thread.

Load Metric
    thread will still be here when you're done unloading the groceries from your moms car.

enjoy those hot pockets and sunny d.

Comments

DJ_Chaps: you must be uspet, try harder.

OSA: dont knock hot pockets and sunny d brah

Skated Thru to PFA WP Title BHS's Avatar
    Load Metric
    This video is straight up gold plated HOF material - whoever knows how to make a .gif could really get busy with this.. Started hitting my stride right around 27 mins and now it's like.. NOT NOW CHIEF I'M IN THE ZONE

Shout to my dogs at ~ 31mins

Load Metric
    Get the guy at 36:15 on PFA radio.. These guys so RAD

Comments

sonatine: belgian is the new black

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Headshot View Post
    This video is straight up gold plated HOF material - whoever knows how to make a .gif could really get busy with this.. Started hitting my stride right around 27 mins and now it's like.. NOT NOW CHIEF I'M IN THE ZONE

Shout to my dogs at ~ 31mins

I'm not exaggerating when I say its one of my top 3 favorite things ever. Like seriously. I'd send those fuckers money if they had a tip jar. The DJs, the dancers, the guys who edited the video, the guy keeping them rolling in top shelf molly, all of them.

Comments

BHS: Premium content (not kidding)

DRK Star: I keep playing this video over and over

Load Metric
    Sorry to hurt your feelings, Anatine. Feel free to continue with the baseless personal attacks, if they'll make you feel better.

Load Metric
    What would it take to get Druff, Tyde, Sizzler, Garrett and Tiger Woods to recreate this video???

If I ever go powerball I swear on god this is happening.. Tyde please tell me you can appreciate this video?!

Load Metric
    whats funny is that in the early 90s there was a crew in san francisco called Wicked who did the literal opposite of them; they would take hiphop and speed it up to like 135bpm and everyone collectively jizzed and went blind at the same time.

so its super weird that until these cats blessed the world like almost 20 years later, no one really saw the obvious and intrinsic value of screwing down obscure techno tunes.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    I don't know the lingo but the video sounds like the stuff i heard back in the 90s at Limelight and the Tunnel before it went bridge tunnel then ghetto. Maybe a bit slower. Never was that into the stuff but most everyone was on something anyway. This sounds about right.

Sonatine if you don't mind i got a few questions. I only knew two guys who called themselves djs but they spun at strip clubs and college parties so it was really only records then mp3s they were playing not doing all that hand jazz.

What is it you're doing with the two records? I jumped around the video a bit. Sometimes your hand is spinning one record back and forth and letting the other play.

The keypad in the middle and the switches and knobs?

Like i said, i knew some guys back in the day but it was all strip clubs which was mainly some def leopard and other shit. And now the latin places are just reggaeton mp3s.

If you're planning on another remix night start a thread for suggestions ahead of time. I got some of the same music taste as Druff and would love to hear some techno mixes of stuff (outfield, oingo boingo, the calling, and other 80s stuff) and save it to youtube so its there afterwards.

Comments

sonatine: YAAAY THE SLIMELIGHT

OSA: went to those back in the day too.. fun times

Banned
    Load Metric
    whats funny is that in the early 90s there was a crew in san francisco called Wicked who did the literal opposite of them; they would take hiphop and speed it up to like 135bpm and everyone collectively jizzed and went blind at the same time
    I never heard of that, but I did the same thing when I was a kid. I couldn't stand the chopped and screwed craze in Houston, but I would often mess around on the computer speeding up rap songs 2-3x and trying to keep up.

Good times.

Load Metric
    whats funny is that in the early 90s there was a crew in san francisco called Wicked who did the literal opposite of them; they would take hiphop and speed it up to like 135bpm and everyone collectively jizzed and went blind at the same time.

so its super weird that until these cats blessed the world like almost 20 years later, no one really saw the obvious and intrinsic value of screwing down obscure techno tunes.

Shut Up and Dance did the same thing in the UK in the late 80s. Well, they sped up the breaks anyway.

Load Metric
    Name:  DJ Faggot.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  8.3 KB

Because you said all I do is neg rep and never post. So I thought I would post and let you know what a faggot you are.

Comments

DJ_Chaps: kinda feels good, I won't lie
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    I think that's OSA on the right at the exact 59:00 min mark..

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Muck Ficon View Post
    Name:  DJ Faggot.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  8.3 KB

Because you said all I do is neg rep and never post. So I thought I would post and let you know what a faggot you are.
    How about posting in threads where you belong? Wait, there is no miserable cunt thread, fine carry on.

edit: must be why you've been in this thread for 2-3 hours.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    whats funny is that in the early 90s there was a crew in san francisco called Wicked who did the literal opposite of them; they would take hiphop and speed it up to like 135bpm and everyone collectively jizzed and went blind at the same time
    I never heard of that, but I did the same thing when I was a kid. I couldn't stand the chopped and screwed craze in Houston, but I would often mess around on the computer speeding up rap songs 2-3x and trying to keep up.

Good times.

Yeah this was during a time when hiphop was kiiiiind of a sacred cow. Like it was just coming into its own as something commercially viable and there was already a massive (and bloody) schism forming re: club vs street vs white college kids, so for a crew to basically recycle hiphop for use in what was essentially a techno context was beyond bold and definitely post-modern. Like this was happening at what I believe was the biggest club in the Bay Area, at the hight of a club scene just starting to peak from an influx of freshly ex-ravers (between the cops and rival promoters, rave was essentially dead by 92). The Houston screw scene.. its hard to put it in a similar context. I mean, it was literally a colloquial sound created by and for lean addicts, and it popped because it was weird and because people area always looking for a new trend to cash in on these days. So I dont really look at it in the same light personally.

Thread Information