Page 70 of 160 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 3188

Thread: PROJEKT:SEP **SCAM** (Rolled: A Jasep Saga)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    So I am guessing that Jasep's brother opened these bar/restaurants and tasked Jasep to manage them, and he failed with each one of them.

I doubt Jasep "owned" any of them.

Restaurants and bars have relatively high startup costs, mostly due to the equipment and supplies you have to purchase, along with any construction costs. (There are referred to as "build out" costs.)

I doubt Jasep ever had that type of money to even invest something like 10-20%. Obviously he did not have the credit history or collateral to obtain a loan, either.

There's a good chance he agreed to manage these restaurants in return for some share of the profits (maybe that's where the 20% came from). This way his brother would only need to put up money, but not do any of the work. This is a good deal for everyone if the family member is competent and trustworthy, but not if it's someone like Jasep.

All of this is just speculation, but the real take-away here is that it is highly unlikely he ever "owned" a restaurant.

At best he was gifted an ownership in exchange for running day-to-day operations, and failed badly.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The question now is who lives within an hour or so of Jasep? If you do why not go to his place if you know where he lives or ask any friends and family about how to find him?

He needs to be confronted face to face by someone to get some answers.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    At some point, people are going to have to accept that Jasep probably isnt some calculating monster, just an average, every day dirtbag who tried to get slick and got in way the fuck over his head.

I mean, I get it, people are using histrionics because its a safe angle and they think it legitimizes them in the face of their peers, thats fine, personally I dont expect a lot of adult perspectives from this site so its not like Im disappointed.

But the general trend of demonizing Jasep and looking for more people to throw on his pyre does nothing to further the cause of curing the multitude of simpleton rube marks who call this place home of their naivety.
    At some point I thought you said he appeared to be setting up a long con.

Then you say he is 'basically a good guy'

Now he is a 'every day dirtbag'.

Which is it ? You act like you have had some consistent cogent thought on the subject. Tell us more.

Demonizing Jasep = wising people up to the world.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    Actually this makes sense after he told this story:

When I first moved to this state I went and set up a bank account with Citizens Bank. I owned 3 restaurants at the time and was drawing money from them monthly and I wanted the money deposited same day instead of having to wait, so I chose the bank that those checks were drawn on.

I opened the account with $10.00 and was expecting to get a few checks in about 4 weeks that should have been around 10k. After moving expenses and buying a new car I wasn't stacked up very well financially, but that was okay I just figured I would live light until I got my checks, no biggie....

About 5 days after opening the account I got a letter from the bank that looked like an overdraft letter, I was like what the fuck? I didn't even use the bank account.

I opened the letter and it was a letter confirming a wire transfer for 50k in to my account....

I didn't know what to do, it was pretty sick, I went to the bank and checked my balance with my temp atm card and sure enough $50,010.00....

The next day was a Friday and I was in a weird spot, I had never had anything like this happen to me before... I called a lawyer friend of mine and he told me to do nothing, ignore the money, don't tell them about it, don't touch it....

In my head I knew that if I lost all of that money I would be in serious trouble, I also knew I had 10k coming in soon so I could replace that much of the money if shit went wrong.

I also knew that because it was Friday nothing could even be done until Monday at the earliest... I called Foxwoods and booked a room.

I went to the bank and withdrew 5k, I then went to the other branch down the street and withdrew another 5k...

I went to Foxwoods and long story short... I won 15k, mostly playing 10/25 NLHE and some 500 a hand paigow.

Monday morning I went to the bank, made a 10k deposit and asked to speak to the branch manager. I told him about the wire, they had no idea what to do, they couldn't figure out where it came from or anything....

They gave me some pens and a gym bag with speakers in it as appreciation...

The money stayed in my account for a while before they retrieved it... but I didn't touch it at all after that
    Pretty much the same as you're suggesting, maybe he tried to gamble with the 22Q money and it didn't work out as good as the phantom deposit money
    I think this entire 50k story was a lie.

But I do think it's very possible he took the 22Q money as a gambling bankroll and chunked it off.

I do think it's more likely that most of the 22Q money was mostly spent on various life expenses, and perhaps partially gambled away, as well.

Load Metric
    Did people just buy pieces because they felt sorry for him?

I mean, how much could anybody think that the average share of this debacle was going to yield?

He was going to be playing live, low limit poker for 40 hrs./week or whatever.

Here's hoping the hammer comes down hard on this POS

Load Metric
    At some point, people are going to have to accept that Jasep probably isnt some calculating monster, just an average, every day dirtbag who tried to get slick and got in way the fuck over his head.
    You are right probably 98% of the time. This is part of the 2%. The guy stole from sick kids. I mean, he got into that charity thing with the specific intention of stealing from sick kids. Then he mentions to China he wants to do an MS one too? If that isn't a calculating monster, I don't know what is. It's not like these were kids who just had a broken leg, or wanted to go to Disneyland. These kids have severe disabilities. Maybe it just upsets people who have kids more than people who don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    I do believe Iraq was a huge mistake
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    Actually this makes sense after he told this story:

Pretty much the same as you're suggesting, maybe he tried to gamble with the 22Q money and it didn't work out as good as the phantom deposit money
    I think this entire 50k story was a lie.

But I do think it's very possible he took the 22Q money as a gambling bankroll and chunked it off.

I do think it's more likely that most of the 22Q money was mostly spent on various life expenses, and perhaps partially gambled away, as well.
    Doubt its a lie, more likely a wild exaggeration (maybe it was $5k or even $1k). But the moral of the story is that it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for him to gamble the 22Q money thinking he would win and just replace the money.

Also, I remember that shooting in Providence, guy probably walked away from the restaurants and they auctioned them off, and Jasep's brother bought em up
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    It's very hard to make a successful business in restaurants. That''s why so many come and go.

Too many things to try and get right to make it successful. High start up costs, high fixed costs, low margins, high perishable stock, and tricky staff supply/demand balance. Plus now with tripadvisor etc. you can't hide lousy service or food quality either.

Just watch any of those Kitchen Nightmares episodes and that is the story played out in 90% of family run restaurants.
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Anal_Hershiser View Post
    You are right probably 98% of the time. This is part of the 2%. The guy stole from sick kids. I mean, he got into that charity thing with the specific intention of stealing from sick kids. Then he mentions to China he wants to do an MS one too? If that isn't a calculating monster, I don't know what is. It's not like these were kids who just had a broken leg, or wanted to go to Disneyland. These kids have severe disabilities. Maybe it just upsets people who have kids more than people who don't.
    Calling Jasep opportunistic means having the most liberal definition of opportunity I can conceive.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1998 View Post

I have no idea what Louie Anderson's charity does. However, according to the FBI agent who worked on my case, Falcone rolled Louie Anderson's charity. A poster on the predecessor website who claimed to be Peter Falcone also claimed that it was a big misunderstanding and he paid Louie Anderson's charity back. I have no idea if that poster on that site was in fact Peter Falcone or an imposter. I did request the proprietor of that site (not Mr. Dan Druff) to investigate, but he maintained his usual stance which, either intentionally or unintentionally, was to protect Peter Falcone.
    This is false. Once it became outed that Peter was a scammer, I wanted all info to come out, and in fact posted some myself.

It is also difficult to tell if a fake account is Peter, because he moves around so much, and because his two most common places are Los Angeles and Las Vegas -- where we have a lot of people on this forum.
    Dear Mr. Druff,

I was not referring to you here. I was referring to the other proprietor of that site. I have not named him because I am not sure of what the rules are with respect to that. Please do not take my note as suggesting anything by you was protective of Falcone. I do not believe you were protective of him. The episode I am speaking of happened long after the initial case broke.

Lurker1998

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    The question now is who lives within an hour or so of Jasep? If you do why not go to his place if you know where he lives or ask any friends and family about how to find him?

He needs to be confronted face to face by someone to get some answers.
    I do have Tim byrd cell# (he is the one real close to Jasep) he for sure knows some things, I have been trying to come up with some questions for him
    -Allergic to the struggle

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post

I just hope after reading everything, Hockey Guy and certain others apologize to me for their nasty posts calling me a "hypocrite" for allowing the initial questioning Jasep's legitimacy to continue.
    I will admit that I was wrong about Johnny. I didn't want to believe it, but I was wrong. I was naive to think that someone who had such a seemingly good track record on the forums with bets and contests could be trusted and I was completely wrong and there is no other way to say it.

That said, I will not apologize to you for shit Druff. You allowed nonstop trolling and accusations in a "serious business" thread by people who had no connections or insight into what was going on. Just because those unfounded accusations turned out to be correct does not make the process in which they were leveled any less wrong. If you throw enough shit at a wall some of it will eventually stick.

I still believe, as do others, that you are a hypocrite and I haven't seen or read any of your posts that would lead me to believe otherwise. You own a forum that is supposed to expose scammers and cheaters then you applaud someone who stole. It's ok to steal as long as you steal from people who also steal. That is not right regardless of what you say. Stealing is stealing period. Thankfully though you are getting plenty of traffic out of all of this so good for you.

I was one of the people who ridiculed 4bet and 6tp and I was wrong for doing that. To you two guys, I apologize. I don't feel the urge to post here anymore and I wasn't going to but I got a dm from Drexel on Twitter that made me want to read the rest of this thread. I am done with this place for good and I doubt I will be missed anyways so that doesn't really matter.

Feel free to flame away I'm sure I deserve it.
    Brandon told me that you are a good guy and were simply defending a friend you believed in, so I was hoping you would at least come back, realize you were wrong, and apologize.

Instead, you're still on the attack.

I don't understand it.

At this point, do you actually believe that the people questioning this BAP were "trolling"?

They had legitimate questions -- and all of their suspicions turned out to be correct.

They were using common sense and trying to bring up very serious issues they noticed with this whole thing.

This included guys typically known for trolling (Anal Hershiser) and ones not known for it (Cokehead, Bustmeanut, donkdowndonedied, SetofKs, and many others).

Even though most of these people didn't have any inside information, they brought the following very valid points:

- Where are Jasep's poker results? He claims to have been a pro since the late '90s, yet nobody can point to any evidence of success.

- How can you just take his word for it when he reports wins and losses, since there is no way to verify it? This is especially true because he has admitted that he is broke going into this.

- Why did Jasep not pay out on Thursday, January 10th as promised, but instead played a "makeup" session and claimed to have lost?

- How can you trust a guy with a recent conviction for identity theft against the mother of his own child?

The above is NOT TROLLING. I wouldn't have allowed people to ruin the thread with insults about Jasep's looks, his exploits with PlentyOfFish women, or anything else irrelevant to the BAP. The above questions were all very relevant to the BAP, and people like you not only ignored them, but viciously attacked me for allowing their discussion.

If it were up to you, the discussion of this would have been shut down, and Jasep would still be running PROJEKT:SEP, double-selling shares and continuing to scam everyone.

Furthermore, you call me a hypocrite for applauding PLOL for cashing out $1100 from Stars that he wasn't entitled to. This is despite the fact that I have presented clear evidence that Stars not only stole, but actually stole from PLOL personally. You may not agree with me on this point, and that's fine. However, this just makes our opinions different as to when "stealing" is justified. I would be a hypocrite if I made a lot of noise against scammers, but then scammed myself. I would be a hypocrite if I made a lot of noise about thieves, but then conspired to cover up thefts committed by my friends. I have done neither of these things. There is a reason that nearly the entire forum trusts me to hold their money, and that's because they know that I am a straightforward and honest person.

But let's get back to this situation.

Go ahead and point me to the "trolling" in this thread that shouldn't have been allowed. I need a good laugh.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1998 View Post

This is false. Once it became outed that Peter was a scammer, I wanted all info to come out, and in fact posted some myself.

It is also difficult to tell if a fake account is Peter, because he moves around so much, and because his two most common places are Los Angeles and Las Vegas -- where we have a lot of people on this forum.
    Dear Mr. Druff,

I was not referring to you here. I was referring to the other proprietor of that site. I have not named him because I am not sure of what the rules are with respect to that. Please do not take my note as suggesting anything by you was protective of Falcone. I do not believe you were protective of him. The episode I am speaking of happened long after the initial case broke.

Lurker1998
    Oh, okay, I misread it. However, despite all of the problems I had with the "other" DD owner, I have to imagine that he's innocent here.

He was probably just ignoring (or forgetting about) your messages to him, as he was commonly known to do.

Micon was as anti-Peter as I was, as soon as the truth came out. There's no way he wanted to protect him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BuSTMeANuT View Post

The scumbag whose nuts you have been juggling with your toncils turned out to be a thief after all. Maybe you won't send money to people you have never met before? Doubt it. If you were dumb enough to send this fat fuck $ you have shit for brains and that is something that will never change.
    I just hope after reading everything, Hockey Guy and certain others apologize to me for their nasty posts calling me a "hypocrite" for allowing the initial questioning Jasep's legitimacy to continue.

There isn't any reason why anybody needs to apologize to you. You had inside info. Info no regular posters had. If anything you need to apologize to Hockey guy and others.

Load Metric

I will admit that I was wrong about Johnny. I didn't want to believe it, but I was wrong. I was naive to think that someone who had such a seemingly good track record on the forums with bets and contests could be trusted and I was completely wrong and there is no other way to say it.

That said, I will not apologize to you for shit Druff. You allowed nonstop trolling and accusations in a "serious business" thread by people who had no connections or insight into what was going on. Just because those unfounded accusations turned out to be correct does not make the process in which they were leveled any less wrong. If you throw enough shit at a wall some of it will eventually stick.

I still believe, as do others, that you are a hypocrite and I haven't seen or read any of your posts that would lead me to believe otherwise. You own a forum that is supposed to expose scammers and cheaters then you applaud someone who stole. It's ok to steal as long as you steal from people who also steal. That is not right regardless of what you say. Stealing is stealing period. Thankfully though you are getting plenty of traffic out of all of this so good for you.

I was one of the people who ridiculed 4bet and 6tp and I was wrong for doing that. To you two guys, I apologize. I don't feel the urge to post here anymore and I wasn't going to but I got a dm from Drexel on Twitter that made me want to read the rest of this thread. I am done with this place for good and I doubt I will be missed anyways so that doesn't really matter.

Brandon told me that you are a good guy and were simply defending a friend you believed in, so I was hoping you would at least come back, realize you were wrong, and apologize.

I don't understand it.

At this point, do you actually believe that the people questioning this BAP were "trolling"?

They had legitimate questions -- and all of their suspicions turned out to be correct.

They were using common sense and trying to bring up very serious issues they noticed with this whole thing.

This included guys typically known for trolling (Anal Hershiser) and ones not known for it (Cokehead, Bustmeanut, donkdowndonedied, SetofKs, and many others).

Even though most of these people didn't have any inside information, they brought the following very valid points:

- Where are Jasep's poker results? He claims to have been a pro since the late '90s, yet nobody can point to any evidence of success.

- How can you just take his word for it when he reports wins and losses, since there is no way to verify it? This is especially true because he has admitted that he is broke going into this.

- Why did Jasep not pay out on Thursday, January 10th as promised, but instead played a "makeup" session and claimed to have lost?

- How can you trust a guy with a recent conviction for identity theft against the mother of his own child?

The above is NOT TROLLING. I wouldn't have allowed people to ruin the thread with insults about Jasep's looks, his exploits with PlentyOfFish women, or anything else irrelevant to the BAP. The above questions were all very relevant to the BAP, and people like you not only ignored them, but viciously attacked me for allowing their discussion.

If it were up to you, the discussion of this would have been shut down, and Jasep would still be running PROJEKT:SEP, double-selling shares and continuing to scam everyone.

Furthermore, you call me a hypocrite for applauding PLOL for cashing out $1100 from Stars that he wasn't entitled to. This is despite the fact that I have presented clear evidence that Stars not only stole, but actually stole from PLOL personally. You may not agree with me on this point, and that's fine. However, this just makes our opinions different as to when "stealing" is justified. I would be a hypocrite if I made a lot of noise against scammers, but then scammed myself. I would be a hypocrite if I made a lot of noise about thieves, but then conspired to cover up thefts committed by my friends. I have done neither of these things. There is a reason that nearly the entire forum trusts me to hold their money, and that's because they know that I am a straightforward and honest person.

Go ahead and point me to the "trolling" in this thread that shouldn't have been allowed. I need a good laugh.
    Sometimes it's simply amazing what you have to spell out for people on here. Most everyone else has come here and said, "I was wrong about him." Not this guy. Apparently his ideal situation would have been for you too ban everyone raising questions in that thread, and continued to let this sack of shit rip people off. Makes perfect sense.
    Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by donkdowndonedied View Post

I mean, I get it, people are using histrionics because its a safe angle and they think it legitimizes them in the face of their peers, thats fine, personally I dont expect a lot of adult perspectives from this site so its not like Im disappointed.

But the general trend of demonizing Jasep and looking for more people to throw on his pyre does nothing to further the cause of curing the multitude of simpleton rube marks who call this place home of their naivety.
    At some point I thought you said he appeared to be setting up a long con.

Then you say he is 'basically a good guy'

Now he is a 'every day dirtbag'.

Which is it ? You act like you have had some consistent cogent thought on the subject. Tell us more.

Demonizing Jasep = wising people up to the world.
    When you demonize Jasep, you are effectively telling people that its ok to trust people just because they havent scammed any charities out of thousands of dollars and run hilaristupid BAPs with zero point zero theoretical checks and balances in place.

What people need to stop doing is thinking "oh such and such is cool, even tho he doesnt have any references or roots in the community, Im going to set all that aside and throw money at him because this is a poker site, I fancy myself a poker person, and poker people totally float high risk loans to each other all the time and Ive never watched Poker Bustouts".

Jasep was probably a good guy once. Most people were. Then they start to work their hustles, enthusiasm for gambling turns to addiction, suddenly their moral compass starts to get rewritten.

This is especially true with poker culture, where being a 'degen' is still considered an innocent vice by and large, something charismatic.

Regardless, if you think misinterpreting my posts intentionally serves some greater good, roll the dice.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Anal_Hershiser View Post

Exactly. He went from your typical scumbag to a total piece of shit. There is NO way the rolling of sick kids wasn't a calculated move. He is worse than PeterDC imo. Even scumbag prisoners' hate other prisoners that fuck with children. It is the lowest of the low.
    :freelewfather

Load Metric

I don't understand it.

- How can you just take his word for it when he reports wins and losses, since there is no way to verify it? This is especially true because he has admitted that he is broke going into this

Call me crazy but shouldnt you have thought of the 2 bolded parts before you let him run a bap on your site?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post

There isn't any reason why anybody needs to apologize to you. You had inside info. Info no regular posters had. If anything you need to apologize to Hockey guy and others.
    Nobody "needs" to apologize to me. I am not going to ban anyone for the lack of an apology. You are allowed to post on this forum even if you don't like me.

However, I think apologizing is the right thing to do.

They were angry that I was ALLOWING others (people with NO INSIDE INFO) to bring up common-sense concerns regarding this BAP.

It's not like they were trashing me for bringing up unlikely-to-be-true accusations against Jasep, when in reality I knew the real story the whole time.

Here they were angry at me for ALLOWING others to discuss it.

They wanted me to shut down any questioning of Jasep.

That was already a ridiculous request, but uber-ridiculous when viewed in hindsight.

For anyone to still complain about "trolling of Jasep" in this thread is laughable.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post

So Druff should apologize for allowing people to question someone who turned out to be a scammer? Shortbus and Hockey Guy had their tongues so far up Jaseps asshole, they though it appropriate to berate Druff for allowing legitimate questions to be asked. I'm not sure what inside info you think Druff had, but it's irrelevant anyway. All he did was allow people to continue asking questions. Something they obviously had a problem with. It was obviously the right decision, and these guys should be taking extended naps, not coming on here and making excuses for anything. The only thing shortbus and Hockey Guy deserve is dunce caps.

Thread Information