Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official Filthy Limper Poker Radio Thread***

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Listened to the last bunch of shows, most of last night's included. In general, big fan, but there's one thing that happens over and over that makes the show sounds rough and hastily thrown together, and it's not that hard to fix. If you don't mind, I have to point this out, as it kills the tempo of your show.

During certain segments, there are virtually no transitions between topics, and the silences and hard transitions between topics comes off as awkward and disjointed. You need to somehow acknowledge what the previous person said, then go into whatever is next. Jasep, your interactions with Kevmath last night personified this. He'd go on for a minute or 2, talk about something, make a complete little story, and when it was over, there's be a second or 2 of silence, then you'd be like "What else you got, Kev?" He' start another piece, do the same thing for a minute or 2, finish, then silence, then "Anything else, Kev?" Obv I'm doing this from memory, so the quotes aren't exact, but I think its probably pretty close. You should at least follow up what he says with a "interesting stuff," or "hard to believe. What's next on the list?" Anything is better than nothing in this situation. Maybe I remember it worse than it was, but it happens to some degree in every show, and it just sounds like you're unprepared or not really listening to what the other guy is saying when this happens, even when you clearly know what you are talking about. It turns a conversation into a series of short monologues, where you are only listening for when the person is done, not for what they are actually saying.
    I appreciate it, I will make a conscious effort to correct this as I didn't even realize it was happening. I really look for constructive criticism like this to help me improve the show. I will be honest, the last 3 shows were done completely over skype and it is really hard to know when one of the co-hosts wants to talk next that way. When we were all in one studio it was easy because whoever had something to say would just signal the other 2, but that probably wont happen a lot anymore, also I used to do musical breaks to go piss and what not but people complained about the music in the middle of the show so sometimes i text Kevin and tell him to take over for a minute so i can piss and when i come back I missed what was just said.

I am also way to concerned with the clock at times as I schedule guests at specific times and hate being late so I often am thinking farther ahead than the moment and dont pay full attention and that is a flaw of mine. If you are interested I will send you some free swag if you listen to the shows and let me know where I need improvement or are improving each week.
    if you notice how they do it on TV when the news show host goes to a live report segment they say the reporters name "so and so" and something like "what do you have for us so and so" ....ect by name so the reporter knows to start the report and when the reporter is done he/she will say the hosts name to signal they are done with the report - watch CNN and learn how they segue
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Load Metric
    We are broadcasting live in 30 minutes! Listen at http://tobtr.com/s/3036165 featuring @jabistro @bsanuts #Poker

Banned
    Load Metric
    Based on this thread, micon looks absolutely terrible.

Maybe what concerns me the most is the totally corrupt seals with clubs site where collusion
    is for sure going on in cash games all the time yet micon keeps pimping the site to get his weekly slots money.
    He was so anti-UB but turns a blind eye to seals with clubs and their scandalous site.
    Shame.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by neveragain39 View Post

Maybe what concerns me the most is the totally corrupt seals with clubs site where collusion
    is for sure going on in cash games all the time yet micon keeps pimping the site to get his weekly slots money.
    He was so anti-UB but turns a blind eye to seals with clubs and their scandalous site.
    Shame.
    Me and Micon discussed some things last night and today and I have come to the conclusion that he is a fucking idiot and my banner has since been removed

Load Metric
    Micon is definitely an idiot. Even if youre banner was up at the fail site, who would see it?

*giggling*
    Load Metric

Shame.
    Me and Micon discussed some things last night and today and I have come to the conclusion that he is a fucking idiot and my banner has since been removed
    do you mind elaborating a little

Load Metric

Shame.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffer View Post

do you mind elaborating a little
    he just kinda shrugged his shoulders and said oh well. I wont post his pms but here is one of mine to him.

I am not saying I did not get value for my money, I am saying that the way you handled everything was insulting. If you don't realize it then I don't know what to tell you...

I do a live show as well, I understand the grip and rip, but lets be honest here. This is what you said:

"Cute little Site"

"Fail Site"

"Whats that kids name? Johnny Sack or something"

It was intentionally mean spirited. I never heard you call seals a fail site even though it fails on just about every level possible. I don't really care much about what you normally charge, we made a deal... a deal for a one month sponsorship. over 30 days after I paid my banner went up and commercial was played only after users called you out on it.

Bumping the thread is the only value I got out of the deal and I am not even complaining about paying you but I mean... Gwaipo had a podcast, did she pay to bump a thread? doubt it... Scott Fischman pay to plug his tournament?

I am willing to admit that I have promoted here more than others, and I am willing to chalk my money up to that, but don't act like your doing me some huge service or cutting me some awesome deal, you never took my money or my site seriously, and it showed.

it isnt like I showed up here as a spammer....

attention-dustinf-donkdown-artwork-nude-girls-t81519.html

official-jasep1980-ask-anything-about-fucking-girls-from-pof-thread-t82064.html

Load Metric
    Micon is on his last leg.

Load Metric
    jasep, you really should tell everyone about how the negotiations with micon went for sponsorship

the guy really has lost his grip on reality

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    jasep, you really should tell everyone about how the negotiations with micon went for sponsorship

the guy really has lost his grip on reality
    I think ive disclosed pretty much everything here without sharing PMs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I never heard you call seals a fail site even though it fails on just about every level possible.

I decided to finally check out Seals.

I went on and it said something like "25 players on 2 tables right now", which doesn't add up right if you think about it, but I didn't really put much thought into it and created an account.

There were indeed 25 players -- SITTING IN THE LOBBY!!

Of those 25, there was the tail end of one heads-up match going, and one guy sitting by himself. The other 22 players were all idling in the lobby.

Within 5 minutes, the HU game broke, the guy sitting by himself left, and the site had this number of active players:

site=joke

No chance that place ever has any kind of traffic.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Jasep, did Micon really call your site a fail site while you had an advertising contract with him?

In what context did he call it that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Jasep, did Micon really call your site a fail site while you had an advertising contract with him?

Yes, twice, when he was a guest on my show he said that my site looked the nicest of all the fail sites, and when he plugged my show on DD radio he was giving me back handed compliments and said it was a fail site, both of these occurred after I had an advertising deal with Micon, obv he would not appear on my show as a guest until I paid him. I have never and will never pay for a guest but I wound up bundling an appearance into the ad deal we were making. All 3 of the comments I quoted were intentionally made to make me look bad. The not knowing my name one was especially premeditated. I have met Micon twice, we played together next to each other in a tournament all day once and he remembered my name 6 months later when he was bumming cigarettes from me in Tunica. He knew my name when we did 8 last longer bets on stars and he knew my name when we did a paypal bitcoin transaction. He knew my name when he wanted me to advertise and he knew my name when he needed me to send him the money for it, he saw my name through over 1000 posts on his website, but miraculously when talking about me and my product he did not know my name.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Micon definitely did not treat Sep's advertisement on DD in good faith. It may be time to Finkelstein his ass.

Load Metric
    Druff:

Lately Micon has been bragging about how anti UB he is and for the longest time he has been one of the first guys to crack down on them. I seem to remember after the UB scandal he wanted to offer rakeback deals for them but at the end chose not to. This was only after you really pushed him him to take them down. It seemed that he really wanted to keep them up.

Is my memory correct on this?

Load Metric
    Since we are discussing it and since willie made a thread at DD pointing to this thread I will go ahead and air a few more issues I have...

I hired 4 Dragons after meeting him on Donk Down and checking out his website, he built FilthyLimper.com , and deserves full credit for anyone who likes the look, logo or any other design aspect. I do most of the updates these days but he is still a key part of the organization.

I paid him to build the site and I liked him so much that I kept him on in an admin capacity and he gets a monthly wage for this service (I do tend to slow pay him but that is more me forgetting or travelling or being lazy about loading paypal or whatever)

Contrary to popular belief he does not own a portion of the website but I would gladly gift some to him if he wanted it.

Since Micon learned of his involvement with FilthyLimper he has actively tried to poach him and get him working on DD 2.0 or whatever other fail project he is working on next. I have always encouraged 4Dragons to take the jobs and the money even if it meant that it would take time away from working on my stuff. The guy deserves 10 times more than I can afford to pay him and I would like to see him get some more money somewhere.

-----

Micon also began tweeting at KevMath relentlessly after Kevmath came on as a team member of mine, but that doesn't really bother me much as everyone tweets at Kevmath

-----

The big advantage I have over Micon is my willingness to pay people who add things to my product (lol at Brandons 5 years for 50 dollars wage) I recognize that this is my business to build and while my budget is not huge I will never expect free work from people simply because I think they will do it for me. It is embarrassing what he asks people to do for nothing

-----

Micons relentless shilling for seals with clubs is laughable, I took a sponsorship from them after I was approached by the owner, I no longer want my name on the site as I have seen first hand how exploitable it is. I am certain he may be a partner in the site at this point and there should be (and will be) a separate thread made about this site and how unsafe and irresponsible it is.

Load Metric
    FAILCON is a fucking joke.

btw watch out for him or you'll get a knifing.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Load Metric
    I can't believe Micon called you guys a failsite while you were paying him advertising dollars. The kid is very clearly on very serious life tilt right now. I didn't hear him say any of this because I don't listen to poker radio shows anymore as I generally find poker uninteresting. But when I am in the mood to listen to a poker show, I find Filthy Limper to be much more entertaining/enjoyable than the new DonkDown show or the 2+2 podcast. I hope you paid with paypal or a credit card as I would be charging it back like a boss.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    Overall filthy limper is pretty good radio. Its insulting to see micon call them a spinoff site. Never considered them to really be relate dto donkdown. Odd that micon compares them to jewdonks websites.

Couple of things though.

1. Your achive links for radio are wrong. Link to episode 15 with micon on website is WRONG episode (the onlky way I could find it was going to blogtalk radio).

2. Navigating website to find old episodes seems needlessly complicated amd is further complicated by point 1.

3. You still have link to sealwithclubs on front page.

Thread Information