Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 50 Hour Ironman Charity Podcast

Load Metric

50 Hour Ironman Charity Podcast

People have been asking for the details on the Ironman show that Brandon, Kevin and I are doing starting on the 3rd...

Here is the info on the Charity and the Show

VEGASPOKERRADIO.COM HOSTS 50-HOUR PODCAST TO RAISE MONEY AND AWARENESS FOR 22Q.ORG FOUNDATION

Beginning on Monday, September 3rd, 2012, VegasPokerRadio.com will host a fundraiser for the 22Q.org Foundation. The 50+ hour podcast, dubbed “The Ironman Podcast” will feature two of the hosts of VegasPokerRadio.com’s hit show Filthy Limper Radio, Johnny Sep and Brandon “Drexel” Gerson.

The goal set by the hosts is stay on air for at least 50 straight hours, but more importantly raise awareness and money for the 22Q.org Foundation which is dedicated to raising awareness and money for the 22Q11.2 Syndrome which affects as many as 1-in-2,000 children around the globe, making it the second-most commonly diagnosed syndrome in children.

The 22Q11.2 deletion causes a number of medical problems including Cardiac defects and developmental delays, as well as Hearing loss, gastrointestinal and feeding difficulties, and blood disorders to name just some of the many health issues children with the 22Q deletion may face.

Johnny and Brandon will be on for the full 50 hours, and will be joined by a variety of guests throughout the podcast. “We are hoping to do all we can to raise awareness of this serious syndrome that plagues so many children, and contribute whatever fundraising we can for the 22Q.org Foundation,” said Filthy Limper host Johnny Sep

Joe Ucello, spokesman for the 22Q.org Foundations said, “The International 22q11.2 Deletion Syndrome Foundation is very excited about the upcoming Vegas Poker Radio-Thon. It will be an exciting show, packed with special guests from both the poker world, and the foundations that deal with children and adults suffering from the 22q11.2 Deletion Syndrome. This syndrome is unfortunately not readily recognized by many, however is the second most common chromosomal disorder, second only to Down’s Syndrome. The International 22q11.2 Deletion Syndrome Foundation has been working tirelessly over the years to bring awareness to the world about this syndrome. This is a wonderful opportunity to share our story to a very large audience. John Sep, Brandon Gerson, and Kevin Wright have gone out of their way on Filthy Limper Poker Radio to help bring awareness and funding to our foundation, and this is just another wonderful step in their continuous efforts on our behalf. We look forward to a great radio program, and a successful fundraising campaign during the broadcast.”

About Vegas Poker Radio
    Vegas Poker Radio hosts a number of different online podcasts focusing on poker, gambling, and other lifestyle and cultural topics. The premiere show in the lineup is Filthy Limper Radio hosted by Johnny Sep, Brandon Gerson, and Kevin Wright.
    VegasPokerRadio.com is constantly adding new, innovative podcasts to their rotation. You can visit the site at www.VegasPokerRadio.com

About the 22Q.org Foundation
    22Q.org is dedicated to improving the quality of life for individuals affected by the 22q11.2 Syndromes through family and professional partnerships. As a new diagnosis in the medical field, 22Q is identified under many names, and one of the primary goals of the 22Q.org Foundation is to raise public awareness of the affliction, including their “Same Name Campaign” designed to bring all of the 22Q deletions and duplications under a single umbrella. The foundation also works hard on many fronts to raise money for research and provide aid to families affected by the 22Q deletion.
    For more information on the 22Q.org Foundation you can visit their website at www.22Q.org
    Here is the guest list and the times some of them will be on

Sheila Kambin (22Q Rep) 9/3 10:00am EST
    Josh Arieh (Poker Pro) 9/3 11:00am EST
    Norman Chad (ESPN Commentator) 9/3 9:00pm EST
    Ryan Dempster (MLB Superstar - Texas Rangers) 9/4 2:00pm EST
    Shannon Shorr (Poker Pro) 9/4 3:00pm EST
    Jared Tendler (Mindset Expert) 9/4 5:00pm EST
    Jamie Gold (WSOP Champion) 9/4 8:00pm EST
    Gavin Griffin (Poker Pro) 9/4 9:30pm EST
    Michele Breedlove (22Q) 9/4 10:00pm EST
    Dusty Schmidt (Poker Pro) 9/5 12:00am EST
    Kevmath (Internet Superstar) 9/3 1:00pm EST
    Matt Savage (WPT Tournament Director)
    Christina Lindley (Poker Player, Model)
    Greg Raymer (WSOP Champion)
    Jonathon Little (Poker Pro)
    Tony G (Poker Pro, Olympic Basketball)
    Richard Roeper (Movie Critic / Writer)
    Greg "FBT" Mueller (Poker Pro)
    Andy Frankenberger (Poker Pro)
    Chris Moneymaker (WSOP Champion)
    Victor Ramdin (Poker Pro)
    David Plastik (Poker Pro)
    Asian Spa (#Truthspeaker)
    Padraig Parkinson (Poker Pro)
    Shane Schlegar(Poker Pro)
    Here is information about the Charity Poker Tournaments that will be running

Poker Room Information for Ironman Podcast

During our Ironman Podcast we will be hosting a total of 15 tournaments as well as 3 continuous cash game tables. You will find all of the information you need to participate in these games below.

Click Here for the Poker Room
    http://www.podcastvegas.com/pokerroom/

Tournaments

All Tournament Fees will be donated directly to the 22Q.org Foundation. The buy-in amounts for the 15 tournaments will total $125 (A full schedule of the 15 Tournaments is located Here http://www.podcastvegas.com/22q-charity-event-schedule/).

The Main Event of the Vegas Poker Radio 22Q Ironman Podcast will feature a $10 + $5 buy-in, and in addition to the prize-pool the winner of the Main Event will receive a prize-package valued up to $200.
    Late registration IS NOT AVAILABLE for tournaments. Please register on time.

Cash Games

3 cash games will run throughout the podcast with ALL rake going directly to the 22Q.org foundation.
    Here are the three cash game tables you can participate in:

$1/$2 No Limit Holdem
    $2/$4 LIMIT Holdem
    $4/$8 LIMIT Holdem

Deposit and Withdrawal Options for the Poker Room

We will be offering three ways to deposit to the Ironman Podcast Poker Room: Paypal, Green Dot Money Packs and Player to Player Transfers. Below you will find details on how to deposit using each method.

Click Here for Deposit Instructions
    http://www.podcastvegas.com/deposit-2/

There will be three ways to withdraw from the poker room:

Paypal
    request a certified check (there will be a $7 fee associated with this option)
    donate the money to the 22Q.org Foundation

Deposits will take several minutes to process, so we suggest you deposit ahead of time to avoid missing a tournament start time. Remember, late registration is not available.

ALL INFORMATION ON DEPOSITING, WITHDRAWAL AND AVAILABLE HERE http://www.podcastvegas.com/pokerroom/
    Let me know if anyone has any questions, if you can make it to listen awesome, come join us in live chat.

Load Metric
    Sounds cool.

Just a thought, but if there are a bunch of people with money sitting around that they won through contests over here and they want it to go to a good cause, maybe let Druff know, and he can call up and make a contribution on behalf of the PFA community.

thoughts?

and if people want to donate, send some $ via Paypal to druff for the call in or donate directly

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post
    Sounds cool.

Just a thought, but if there are a bunch of people with money sitting around that they won through contests over here and they want it to go to a good cause, maybe let Druff know, and he can call up and make a contribution on behalf of the PFA community.

thoughts?

and if people want to donate, send some $ via Paypal to druff for the call in or donate directly
    Great idea, the only thing I would say that if Tax deductions are important to you, you may be better off donating it yourself, The donation link is here and it auto sends you whatever you need for taxes

http://22q.kintera.org/poker

Load Metric
    I will definitely be listening as long as I can. If you have some down time between guests I will call in and chat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Muck Ficon View Post
    I will definitely be listening as long as I can. If you have some down time between guests I will call in and chat.
    This will be huge for the 2 overnights, we have no guests for like 1am-6am EST, so all callers are welcome

Load Metric
    does the radio work on an iphone
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo Tomasi View Post
    does the radio work on an iphone
    yessir, you just have to use the manual start link on the radio page...

China is live on the air now if you want to test it

Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I like how he plugs his charity in the post making himself sound like a stand up guy.

Hi Everyone:

It's our policy at 2+2 not to allow for solicitations of money on the website, and with very few exceptions, we enforce this strictly. If we didn't, it should be clear to everyone that www.twoplustwo.com would quickly be overrun with such requests.

By the way, if we were to allow this, the first charity that would appear is the Mason and Charmaine Malmuth Foundation. This is a private charity that my wife and I set up in January of 2007, and by the end of this year, we will have given away approximately $150,000.

Also, when our foundation was set up, our accountant did it in such a way that we are allowed to accept donations from other individuals. She just assumed we would take it public on this website. However, to this date, this is something we have never done since it would violate our own no solicitation rules, and only Charmaine and I have funded our charity.

Best wishes,
    Mason

Load Metric
    I got banned just as I was responding to this post by MM.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    I like how he plugs his charity in the post making himself sound like a stand up guy.

Hi Everyone:

It's our policy at 2+2 not to allow for solicitations of money on the website, and with very few exceptions, we enforce this strictly. If we didn't, it should be clear to everyone that www.twoplustwo.com would quickly be overrun with such requests.

By the way, our accountant once advised us to create a charity as a tax writeoff. I could personally give two shits about anyone but myself.

Best Wishes,

Mason
    What a curmudgeonly old, crusty fuck. I love his second response to Jasep "I think this should be clear."

Load Metric
    Mason doesn't like anyone knowing about this other disease because it would take the focus off of the downsyndrome baby that he used to molest and fuck while he chained her to his basement and dresser her up like a china doll
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    Well done!
    @hotshott74 on twitter

Load Metric
    I also think M.M is a piece of trash, The thought of him banning you makes me hate him a little less
    -Allergic to the struggle

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4BET View Post
    I also think M.M is a piece of trash, The thought of him banning you makes me hate him a little less
    please don't troll this thread, it is about a charity event, not you.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 4BET View Post
    please don't troll this thread, it is about a charity event, not you.
    I have to give him 1 point for creativity though. That was pretty funny.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    New guest confirmed... Adam Schwartz will be on the show and I am thrilled to have him...

For those that don't know he is the host of the Two Plus Two Pokercast

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    New guest confirmed... Adam Schwartz will be on the show and I am thrilled to have him...

For those that don't know he is the host of the Two Plus Two Pokercast
    That's awesome. Hopefully they help plug it a bit now.

I have a feeling Kevmath is working behind the scenes to raise some awareness & be the voice of reason. Just my gut feeling.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Load Metric
    Ok I'm donating $125 to this thing and I want to back someone in the tournament series. 50 percent of winnings go to charity, 50 in your pocket or whatever you want to do with it. Let me know if interested.

Load Metric
    has yEBSITE been confirmed as a guest yet?

Thread Information