Page 823 of 2149 FirstFirst ... 32372377381381982082182282382482582682783387392313231823 ... LastLast
Results 16,441 to 16,460 of 42968

Thread: Time to get on the TRUMP train

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Muck Ficon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FPS_Russia View Post
    Impeachment just isn't enough to make this right. I feel like the GOP needs to give up one of their majorities and postpone scotus hearings until after next presidential election.
    Trump will never get impeached. He will resign before that ever happens. He will throw a fit, blame the rigged system, and take his ball and go home.
    Trump will never resign. He'll make Congress *force him to* leave office, then use it as evidence of how "Washington is rigged".
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 03-23-2017 at 06:14 PM.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    aaaaand there goes the market, again.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Platinum
    Load Metric
    More bad news!!

http://money.cnn.com/2017/03/23/inve...inkId=35782876

Donald Trump was most famous for being a real estate developer before he became a reality TV star and then wound up Leader of the Free World. So it may not be a huge shock to find out that homebuilders have been on fire since he was inaugurated.

Pulte (PHM), DR Horton (DHI) and Lennar are all up more than 10% in the past two months and are among the top 25 stocks in the S&P 500 since President Trump took office.

Even though mortgage rates could climb if the economy continues to pick up steam (with or without a Trump stimulus package this year) and as the Federal Reserve hikes short-term interest rates, builders are confident more people will be buying homes.
    Stuart Miller, the CEO of Lennar (LEN), said in the company's earnings release this week that there was an "improving macroeconomic environment following last year's election."

He pointed to "renewed optimism, wage and job growth, and consumer confidence." Miller added that "as a result, our homebuilding operations have gone from slow and steady to a faster than expected sales pace throughout our first quarter."

The hope is that the economy, which already had started to pick up some steam in the past year before Trump's victory, will continue to gain momentum.

If that happens, prospective homebuyers may not be scared off by higher rates because their wages are also going up.
    Related: Donald Trump wants 4% GDP growth. 3% will do just fine

And so far, that appears to be the case. New home sales surged more than 6% in February, to their highest levels in seven months. This could be just the beginning of an upturn.

"Taking into account a wide variety of indicators, the housing market continues its march higher. We expect further gains this year," said Barclays economist Rob Martin in a report about the new home sales figures Thursday.

Load Metric
    Trump has told congress to vote on Trumpcare on Friday or never fuck with Obamacare again.

No, seriously.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Trump has told congress to vote on Trumpcare on Friday or never fuck with Obamacare again.

No, seriously.
    But they've already delayed it because they don't have the votes.
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post

No, seriously.
    But they've already delayed it because they don't have the votes.

Absolutely no one can make sense of it but it happened.

Load Metric
    Apparently trumpkins already started milking the London attacks. Last evening Sebastian Gorka, national security aide to the president had this to say:

“The war is real and that’s why executive orders like president Trump’s travel moratorium are so important,”

What's silly about all this is that the guy that was responsible for the London attacks isn't an immigrant or a refugee. He was born in Britain 52 years ago. Sebastian Gorka on the other hand is an immigrant and his parents were refugees. Gorka was naturalized in 2012 and it only took him 4 years before he tried to board a plane in the US with a 9mm handgun.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Am I hearing Marshall law rule for presenting or passing a bill, any bill? Maybe I hit the psi channel

Load Metric

No, seriously.
    ouch

In the wake of President Donald Trump apparently throwing in the towel on the American Health Care Act as he’s said he’s done negotiating and just wants a vote on it tomorrow before moving on to tax reform, MSNBC host Lawrence O’Donnell took the president to task for the message he sent to Congress.

“If you are a House Republican and this is a tough vote for you, the president is saying to you on the front page of the New York Times tomorrow,” O’Donnell said. “I quit, and I quit in the Senate. I do not have the patience or the ability to stay focused on this and get it through the Senate, which is much harder than getting it through the House.”

After guest Steven Brill said he agreed with O’Donnell but wanted to point out that he watched Obamacare and it was thought to be dead “at least ten different times,” the MSNBC personality went even harder at Trump.

This is the laziest, most ignorant president in history,” he exclaimed. “President Obama never once said something like this in the crusade to get that thing passed because he knew how to stay with it and get it passed.
    http://www.mediaite.com/online/the-l...tting-on-ahca/

tough but fair

and god help the trump supporters on this board if the house doesn't pass this tomorrow and trump walks away from his number one campaign promise two months into his presidency

Load Metric

No, seriously.
    The old "the price of this time share is only good for today" high pressure sales tactic. Who could have possibly seen that coming?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Just say YES

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

and god help the trump supporters on this board if the house doesn't pass this tomorrow and trump walks away from his number one campaign promise two months into his presidency

i hope it does pass.

i really, really do.

this is literally a 'let them eat cake' moment and the great unwashed are about to learn where their masters allegiances lay.
    Last edited by sonatine; 03-23-2017 at 07:59 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Comments

Muck Ficon: CNN is fake news. You know that right? Trump said so.

vegas1369: You can't quote cnn when it only suits your agenda. That's called hypocrisy my friend.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Am I hearing Marshall law rule for presenting or passing a bill, any bill? Maybe I hit the psi channel
    Perhaps you meant "Martian law". 'Cause that's prolly at Trump's comprehension level.

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Hmmm..lets see....you're a home builder that used subcontractors that violated federal law by hiring illegal immigrants, there's a candidate that is running on deporting illegal immigrants, he wins, so the clock is ticking to try and compensate for the possible loss in workforce, but you blatantly ignore common logic and do nothing......yea you deserve all the failure that comes your way.

Comments

LegallyNonBindingPosts: pfa's village idiot. choke to death sucking massive black cock fag boy
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintjewlips View Post
    Hmmm..lets see....you're a home builder that used subcontractors that violated federal law by hiring illegal immigrants, there's a candidate that is running on deporting illegal immigrants, he wins, so the clock is ticking to try and compensate for the possible loss in workforce, but you blatantly ignore common logic and do nothing......yea you deserve all the failure that comes your way.
    Kelly Ann? Among us?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintjewlips View Post
    Kelly Ann? Among us?
    It's not so insulting because it's coming from you.

Comments

LegallyNonBindingPosts: pfa's village idiot. choke to death sucking massive black cock fag boy
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

i hope it does pass.

i really, really do.

this is literally a 'let them eat cake' moment and the great unwashed are about to learn where their masters allegiances lay.

I really do too, despite it having the potential to fuck me given my health history and the fact he's now subsidizing 50-64 year olds, which I won't be until a (god forbid) second term. That would slot me into the likely highest paying demo I assume. I honestly don't mind paying 3 times what I currently am because it makes sense. I should have to pay higher despite a life threatening illness being 11 years in the rearview mirror. It happened. I never did mind, and what they do with Medicaid won't touch me. It's scary for humanity though.

The one big thing I haven't seen accounted for is the heroin epidemic. That's reached full zenith post-Obamacare. I see some mention of substance abuse subsidies, but they have no idea of the legit holocaust they are walking into. Right now, Ohio, Pa, Kentucky, WV, first responders in many rural areas are doing nothing but driving around administering naloxone rescue shots to overdosed addicts. We're talking a two man crew doing 20 shots in 24 hours on occasion. There's a county adjacent to mine that had 40 overdoses in 48 hours. The first responders are getting counseling from psychologists who dealt with war medics, because these poor bastards are getting so fucked up walking into hell 20 times a day trying to save people. All bullshit aside, it's a 95% white issue, all in the reddest counties in a bunch of swing states. Counties Trump won 80/20, and the counties that allowed him to overtake the urban margins. There are tens of thousands of methadone patients in these towns, predominantly covered by Medicaid, which is part of the cost problem, but also a fucking political reality.

Think Chris Christie and Kasich up in New Hampshire during the primaries hugging parents times 1000. The pull yourselves up by the bootstraps party forgets all that shit when it's their kids, and they'll bury more in the first two weeks if they cut these people off than died in 9/11. The reasons the overdoses are spiking so high is because they have recently started cutting heroin with Mexican fentanyl. People are going out in intersections, public bathrooms, nodding out with their kids in the house. Two teachers both died with their kids in the house last week.

So not only will be people be getting cut off methadone, they'll be walking back into a drug supply that's way different than a year or two ago. They have like 10 state mobile morgues for weird situations where coroners for whatever reason run out of space. They've been basically parked outside a lot of these rural morgues the past 3 months. Cut these people off methadone, and it will be insanity numbers of dead addicts, almost entirely from Trump families. They won't be handwaving these families away like they would if it was black kids in the city talking about social Darwinism. These are their people in the states they need. You'd be hard pressed to walk down a street and find a family untouched by it in certain areas.

To put it into perspective, 33k people died from opioid overdoses last year. That's how many died in the entire Korean War. Since September of '15, 50k have died. That's more than Vietnam. Vietnam lasted technically for 20 years, but most of the deaths occurred over like 5-7 years. Opioid overdoses killed more in the past 18 months. 3 times the homocide rates every year. That's with tens of thousands in methadone and these first responders bringing back like 80-90% from the brink. That means like 300-400k almost dying. Think of how political the murder rates or war are, and imagine catching the heat of kicking off all the methadone patients and owning all those bodies politically. And unlike homocides which are primarily black, or war, this is largely rural and suburban white people. I saw a coroner on local tv say he passed up last year's total by the 3rd week of March. It's a pretty staggering number you don't want hung on you and grieving families rarely look in the mirror. If their kid was getting help and you cut them off, good luck with that at the ballot box. You could let in every Syrian refugee seeking refuge in the western world and any terrorism related deaths that result would be less than the deaths from cutting off Medicaid to a single town, let alone the entire nation.

Comments

sonatine: :lobsterbib

MumblesBadly: And Jeff Sessions wants to ramp up the already disastrous War on Drugs.

vegas1369: The man

big dick: YEP bcr is the man
    Last edited by BCR; 03-23-2017 at 11:53 PM.

Load Metric
    Paul Ryan lol. A guy who's getting set up to take the fall. This healthcare bill is all on him. He's just waiting in line with the rest of these people...to get slaughtered when shit goes wrong for Trump.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Thread Information