Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NYC hotel suggestions

Load Metric
    you dont need to rent it for a week. look into it. Some people let you rent their homes for a day. Its worth it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post
    you dont need to rent it for a week. look into it. Some people let you rent their homes for a day. Its worth it.
    https://www.airbnb.com/

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post
    VRBO.com

Gamble is right. You are better off renting from someone than getting a hotel.

We just got a four bedroom house with a pool 10 minutes from Disney near Celebration, FL for $650 for 6 days using that site.

when
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    My mom has a few special requests actually, Vwls do you do any freelance work? For fun or at least pretty cheap? Mostly cutesy stuff with her horses and baby foal who is still a baby but a freaking huge one let me tell you.

Load Metric
    when?

Oh, we used it last month, before my kids went back to school. Hit up Disney's Magic Kingdom, both parks at Universal, and got an airboat tour through the rivers looking for gators.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    The W hotels are pretty decent, but bump up against your $400/night limit...

There's one on Lex...

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Avon Barksdale View Post
    I'll be in the Brooklyn area from Sept. 27th-30th, and I'm looking for a fairly cheap room.

I was thinking of staying in a hostel the first 2 nights cause I'll be solo, but I want a nicer room on Saturday, the 29th. Looks like I'm gonna be out about 3 bills.
    Yo B. Who got the blunts?

Load Metric
    My suggestion:

Load Metric
    Prices are crazy thanks to 3 years of all new hotel construction being converted to rentals. I had to go to San Fran last week, minimum $400 for a decent hotel room.

I have to go to NY in a month, so let me know what you get please. I have been staying with family for a while so have not had to look for hotels. In the past I used a Courtyard Marriott somewhere in mid town when in a pinch. The Mandarin used to give me a rate of $400 with breakfast after a lot of negotiating. They are probably in the $800 range these days. I keep my AMEX platinum card, as they usually get the best rates for luxury hotels and negotiate the breakfast with the room, etc. Saves all the negotiating yourself.

I will take a red eye even to avoid a hotel now, as $400 plus out of pocket seems like such a waste.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Druff if you want a room to meet your requirements, $400 isn't happening. You have to get out of "Vegas or some other location I can find a deal" mode, and get into "new York is going to anally rape me minute by minute" mindset.

A tiny complete dump with an alley view us going to cost you $250, prime location/size will be double that easy.

Honestly I would just cancel, this whole cheap Jew goes to new York has disaster written all over it. You won't be there for 3 minutes before something sets you off, guaranteed. I mean it would be great material for the forum, but just know what you are getting into.

You might resort to sleeping under a bridge and digging through trash instead of paying what "these people" charge for even the most basic of needs.

Just my 2 cents.

Gold
    Load Metric
    If my gf wasn't so tight with her hotel discount id definitely hook you up druff, despite your Jewishness.

My only suggestion would be the doubletree in jersey city. It's basically on top of the tolls as you exit the Lincoln tunnel. I only suggest it for the $$ saving and its fairly new and nice. Looking forward to a tr since its no mystery locale.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Avon Barksdale View Post
    I'll be in the Brooklyn area from Sept. 27th-30th, and I'm looking for a fairly cheap room.

I was thinking of staying in a hostel the first 2 nights cause I'll be solo, but I want a nicer room on Saturday, the 29th. Looks like I'm gonna be out about 3 bills.
    Yo B. Who got the blunts?

I was thinking about bringing a couple zips with me. I figure it's legal for me in AZ, and that's the only place I really have to be worried about getting searched. I imagine once I land I'm in the clear as long as I'm not an asshole about it. Shit, I could probably pay for most of my hotel stay with the proceeds.

Load Metric
    Regardless on how much you spend on your room, there is a 80% to 90% chance that the Hotel you stay at has Bed Bugs.

At night look into the restaurants and stores(after closing) and you will see big fucking rats.

Careful if you visit Central Park, people get beaten and robbed there all the time. Also, avoid the subway.

New Yorkers are fucking crazy and NYPD will shoot and kill anyone who looks remotely suspicious.

Have a pleasant journey!!!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Yebsite View Post
    He can't afford.

I had sex there once.
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Yebsite View Post
    Great hotel. I've stayed there as well as the Ritz Carlton (right on Central Park) and the Waldorf.

A bit pricey but first class all the way.

Another great hotel is Smyth Tribeca.

Thread Information