View Poll Results: How far will you go to "respect the pronouns"?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • I will only use the pronouns of the sex a person was born

2 9.52%
  • I will use preferred pronouns only for people who clearly are living as the other gender

2 9.52%
  • I will use preferred pronouns like "they", but not crazy ones like "faer" or "bun"

4 19.05%
  • I will refer to people with the pronoun they ask for, regardless of how crazy-sounding

5 23.81%
  • Don't know, don't care

8 38.10%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How far will you go to "respect pronouns" in 2022?

Load Metric
    As my 86 year old father in law said, "If you got a dick, then you're not a chick!" If they haven't chopped the knob, i'll refer to them as "he/him." If they have chopped the knob, i'll refer to them as "Limitles."

Comments

GrenadaRoger: good one!
    En boca cerrada, no entran moscas

Load Metric
    I feel reassured that conservatives like Druff will support rightwing fascists dismantling our democratic institutions to prevent us from having to use other people’s preferred pronouns.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Yea everyone should be very respectful of Pronouns

My understanding is the whole point of pronouns is to make trannies freaks and weirdos feel welcomed. If we're honest besides white people they're the only group in America that's really marginalized and routinely discriminated against.

Load Metric
    I don't want to spazz out

Load Metric
    re: pronouns--boomer here that just learned to sent text messages last year, so cut me a break please about the pronouns i use--don't mean to offend, but a lifetime of terms now obsolete is hard to put aside.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    I’m going to call them “he” if it looks like a guy to me, or “she” if it looks like a girl to me. If they want to “correct me”, fine I’ll call them that. In Utah last winter, I worked with a Latino trans. I called him/her “dude” all the whole season. He/she didn’t care, because I treated he/she no differently than anyone else, and he/she was comfortable with him/herself.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    I feel reassured that conservatives like Druff will support rightwing fascists dismantling our democratic institutions to prevent us from having to use other people’s preferred pronouns.
    I don't know what you're talking about, but I do believe in supporting candidates who won't foster or normalize this nonsense.

The West is destroying itself battling over absurd issues like this. Basically you have the insane left attempting to push shit like this, and then the right's choice is either to quietly concede it or battle back and expend energy/resources/airtime fighting back against it. In the end, nobody wins and society weakens itself, while hostile countries such as China and Russia enjoy every minute of it.

Someone waking up from a 20-year coma would think the world has gone absolutely nuts.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    re: pronouns--boomer here that just learned to sent text messages last year, so cut me a break please about the pronouns i use--don't mean to offend, but a lifetime of terms now obsolete is hard to put aside.
    Yo, boomer

As we stare at the face of the demographic crash and the disruption it is creating in first world countries we are simultaneously experiencing gender fluidity. What does this mean? I’ve never really thought about it but it can hardly be just coincidence. I cannot nuke that out on my own and I’ve never seen anyone try to tie the two together. They are related though.

I really give no fucks as a libertarian what you do with your dick and scissors. I call everyone male and female “kid” anyway. “Yo kid, what’s up?” It is the privilege of being older and aloof.

The kid serving your coffee will make $30/hr cause there are no kids or millenials or Gen X’ers frankly. Wage inflation will be a thing for at least a decade.

Boomers are just about to take their economic ball and go home. Enjoy

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    I usually type first and think about what I wrote after hitting submit.

I started to think about you joking about learning how to text msg and my demographic riff

I was on a road trip the other day. I was fighting sleep and knew I needed coffee. I remembered liking McDonalds coffee quite a bit in the hierarchy of fast food choices

I wander in and there are no employees. I never go to,fast food joints so it’s been a while. I am met with a “kiosk” which is giant touch screen on which I’m supposed to enter my order and get a ticket. It took me several minutes to navigate this fucking thing. Would have taken me 10 seconds to ask a clerk for a medium coffee with 2 creams.

Note to self: McDonalds is on the banned list.

I also refuse to sit in my car in the drive thru for 10 minutes.

This is like free therapy. Thanks

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    I don't know what you're talking about, but I do believe in supporting candidates who won't foster or normalize this nonsense.

The West is destroying itself battling over absurd issues like this. Basically you have the insane left attempting to push shit like this, and then the right's choice is either to quietly concede it or battle back and expend energy/resources/airtime fighting back against it. In the end, nobody wins and society weakens itself, while hostile countries such as China and Russia enjoy every minute of it.

Someone waking up from a 20-year coma would think the world has gone absolutely nuts.
    Gotta wonder how long Republicans can run on this and this alone to ignore the fascism, election stealing, voter suppression etc.

Been longer than I thought.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    To put a finer point on it. The concern ought to be the demographic cliff - the failure to procreate as a society. The question needs to be asked “why” the male/female reproductive thing is becoming passé.

It really is too late in terms of our population. There are going to be yuge consequences. In 10 or 20 years there will be another kind of opportunity, I suppose. I don’t know what but out of chaos and failure something usually arises.

If there are fewer people you sell fewer Chevrolets. There are fewer consumers. Lower GDP. That is just the entrance ramp for your issues.

When Druff’s kid has a child at 45 (and that’s not terribly likely) that child will have his choice of three empty houses.

The trans thing is the nadir of whatever it is that happened the last 60 years.

Worry less about pronouns
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 08-08-2022 at 09:34 AM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post

I'd tell them to suck my fucking dick and I'm calling them what they are. Not that I would ever run into one of these psychos in real life, because they only exist on the internet.

How is that for being "considerate and polite"?

And we know you don't have any "MAGA" friends, nor would they ever do what you claim. Stop making shit up.
    You wouldn't do any of that though; stone cold lock you're a fucking simp with a shitty job with little to no chance at ever being a relevant person.

I am 44, 5'11, 11.8% bodyfat, , in extremely good shape, own many pieces of real estate and vehicles, and have a smoking hot girl.

Nothing you could ever relate to. You are just projecting. Faggot.

Load Metric

You wouldn't do any of that though; stone cold lock you're a fucking simp with a shitty job with little to no chance at ever being a relevant person.

I am 44, 5'11, 11.8% bodyfat, , in extremely good shape, own many pieces of real estate and vehicles, and have a smoking hot girl.

Zero chance any of this is true beyond maybe age.

Keep hustlin', AIDS clown
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Gotta wonder how long Republicans can run on this and this alone to ignore the fascism, election stealing, voter suppression etc.

Been longer than I thought.
    You play the hand you're dealt.

Republicans have to focus upon the issues which win elections, and when the opposition is acting incredibly insane, you can't just ignore it. On one hand, I'm glad the left serves up these underhanded softballs to my side in order to make it easy to crush midterm elections, but on the other, it saddens me to think about today's kids only knowing a world full of gender bullshit and increasing racial distrust/resentment.

For a society, it would be much better for everyone if the wokes were laughed off the stage by both sides, and the same thing with the idiotic part of the right, and we could go back to focusing on actual problems.

However, at the same time, ignoring it isn't the answer, either, because then it gets normalized in society. We're actually at the point where women are called "birthing persons", dudes are dominating women's sports, lesbians are called "transphobic" for not having sex with dudes, and men up are up for "woman of the year" awards. You can't just close your eyes and quietly accept this as life from now on.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMP

I had a discussion/debate today in a (non political) Facebook group regarding pronouns.

I didn't start the discussion, but I joined in when I felt a conservative in the group was being unfairly vilified.

Again, I said I would respect the pronouns of legit trans people, and switch the gendered pronouns I use for them, but that's it. No wacky shit like "ze" or "they".

Some people got very mad at me, including a "non-binary" person who was born male, looks male, dresses male, but goes by "they/them".

Load Metric
    You’re so old and dumb

Comments

Dan Druff: answer the question snowflake

Load Metric
    Noun is person , place or thing. Had a really hard time in elementary school also with verbs and adjectives. I would just address males as buddy

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Calling them by their name

Platinum
    Load Metric

Zero chance any of this is true beyond maybe age.

Keep hustlin', AIDS clown
    Why would anyone lie about being 5’11”?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post
    Why would anyone lie about being 5’11”?
    Don't know about NBH, but 5'11" is the most lied about male height. It's at 6'1" when guys tend to stop lying.

Otherwise here is the translation:

6'2+ ----> Usually true, though some guys who shrink in middle/old age keep claiming former height
    6'1" ---> 6'0-6'1
    6'0 ---> 5'9-6'0
    5'11" ---> 5'8-5'10
    5'10" ---> 5'7-5'9
    5'9" ---> 5'6-5'8
    5'8 ----> 5'6-5'7
    5'7 ----> 5'4-5'6
    5'6 ----> 5'3-5'5
    5'5 ----> 5'2-5'4

Women rarely lie about their height, but they lie about their weight a lot more than guys do.

I'm 6'2" and have not yet shrunk. However, both of my parents did, so it's almost surely coming for me at some point.

I'm guessing men who transition to female probably quit lying about their height, as it's seen as better to be shorter when you're trans, for obvious reasons.

Comments

1marley1: Druff didn’t like the new poll results… So he deleted the poll. Hahahahahahaha

Kuntmissioner: NBH= 5'8"

Thread Information