View Poll Results: What happened to Juan, Maria, and Rosa?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Juan (hostile employee) got fired, nothing else happened

5 25.00%
  • Juan got fired, Maria (shift manager) got discipined, nothing else happened

2 10.00%
  • Juan and Maria got fired, nothing else happened

0 0%
  • Juan and Maria got fired, Rosa (general manager) got disciplined

4 20.00%
  • Juan, Maria, and Rosa all got fired

1 5.00%
  • Juan and Maria got disciplined, nothing happened to Rosa, nobody fired

1 5.00%
  • Nobody got in any trouble

7 35.00%
  • Don't know / don't care

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: JEW Make the Call -- Hostile Fast Food Worker Edition

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    Jimmy isn't bothered by one steps sexuality, Jimmy happy for one step. Anyone guess where this is from? I also mentioned the greek , look what happened
    Very good country

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardBrodiesCombover. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

I was watching them make it
    The Mexican dude definitely wiped is hand in his ass before he prepared your food.
    He wasn't preparing it. He went back to cleaning after the altercation.

Load Metric

I was watching them make it
    The Mexican dude definitely wiped is hand in his ass before he prepared your food.

The racism is strong with this gringo
    En boca cerrada, no entran moscas

Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post

Funny coming from a guy who uses the word gringo in almost ^ every post ^.It's in the grey area, whether it's intended on your end to be a slur or not. I'm going with the former, since you use it all the time and are enough of an arrogant jackass for it to ring true.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PROUDBOY MAGA 2024 View Post

Funny coming from a guy who uses the word gringo in almost ^ every post ^.It's in the grey area, whether it's intended on your end to be a slur or not. I'm going with the former, since you use it all the time and are enough of an arrogant jackass for it to ring true.
    Its a term of endearment

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Good poll I did, seeing that answers are all over the place. I'll wait a bit longer and then do the big reveal.

This story concluded about 18 months ago.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post
    Its a term of endearment

Load Metric

Gringo is not a slur. It's a term of endearment, you stupid gringo.

Load Metric
    I was going to vote “Juan got promoted to shift supervisor, while Maria got demoted to cashier/clean-up”, but you didn’t provide that option.

#OfficeSpace
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    And now... for the exciting conclusion!

Since the poll will be open for another 21 hours or so, please do NOT read below until you've voted (unless you're not going to vote).

================================================== ===============================================

Asad explained what happened when he investigated the situation.

"I was able to pull up the video and it was clear. I heard and saw everything at the cash register. It was exactly like you said. Juan saw you at the counter but didn't go to the register, and then you asked him to come take your order. Then he got mad at you about the cheese thing and left the register in the middle of your order and went back to cleaning. I saw and heard it, clear as day. Even without the other stuff you told me, I can't have behavior like that in this store, so I decided he was gone for sure," said Asad.

"But then I heard how Maria handled it," continued Asad, "And I wondered why she was trying so hard to defend him. I could not hear her conversation with Juan after that, as they went to the back to discuss it, but just like you I thought something fishy was going on. I went and asked other employees what they knew about this. Two different employees told me that Maria and Juan were dating. That is strictly against our policy!"

Asad contiuned, "I spoke to Maria about this whole thing. She admitted she was dating Juan. She said that she was afraid Juan would get fired if this situation escalated or if you complained to management, so she tried to deescalate it. She said she knew he messed up, but could not tell you that because she was afraid you would go to the store manager and he'd be fired. She said her only focuses were to help him keep his job and to prevent him from doing something stupid to you that might get him in even more trouble. She apologized to me and said she did all of this because she cared about him."

Did Asad buy this sob story about the shift manager with a heart of gold?

Nope!

"I told her that she failed at her position, that she drove away a regular customer because she was trying to protect her boyfriend," Asad said matter-of-factly. "I explained that this is exactly why we do not allow employees to date one another. I told her that caring about Juan as more than just an employee caused her to accidentally escalate the situation and create this huge hassle. I told her how much we spend on advertising in order to get regular customers, and she just made us lose one. As good of a job as I felt Maria had done until now, this was all very bad and I had to let her go, as well."

And what about general manager Rosa? Did the Sword of Asad fall upon her, as well?

"I also talked to Rosa about the whole thing. Funny enough the whole thing about the cheese was actually her fault. I asked why Juan thought it was an upcharge to substitute one cheese for another, and why he wasn't trained well enough on that. She corrected me and said that you do charge for cheese substitutions! So this is actually what Juan was taught! This does not excuse his behavior, but she had the wrong information. I was very surprised. I said, 'Rosa, this is exchanging cheese for cheese, you do not charge for that. Nobody charges for that. How could you think that is a charge?' Rosa apologized and said she really thought we charge if the cheese type is changed. I clarified and it won't happen again."

I asked Asad why she didn't seem to be taking the matter with Juan and Maria very seriously, and why it took tracking him down to get action on this matter.

He replied, "That was another thing I discussed with Rosa. She said she was very concerned about her team being overworked, and felt we could not afford to let Juan go, even though he was already rude several times to other customers. I told her no, we do not keep disrespectful employees around no matter what. I said I would rather temporarily close the store than leave someone like that working here. She thought nobody could be fired until we found replacements first, and since it is hard to find replacements now, she just did not want to fire him. I told her in some cases you need to just fire the employee regardless if they are being rude with customers or doing something else very bad."

So it sounds like Rosa was given guidance, but not formally disciplined in any way. Those who voted "Juan and Maria got fired, nothing else happened" had the closest answer to the truth. How many people voted for that choice?

ZERO... POINT... ZERO!!

Very surprised we didn't get a few votes for that. We got 4 votes for "Juan and Maria got fired, Rosa got disciplined", which was the second closest answer.

I was also surprised that the most votes were for "Nobody got in any trouble". In the call I shared with Asad (at the time of the poll), he was shown saying that he would fire Juan if "even 10% of this story is true", and I revealed that Asad's investigation showed that my story was correct. Thus, it was pretty clear Juan was gonna get canned. I admit that Maria being fired for dating Juan (and therefore covering up for him) was somewhat of a curveball which was difficult to predict.

I don't know why Maria, who looked mid-30s, wanted to date an early-20s-looking gangbanger type, but I guess she was a cougar, or maybe it reminded her of dudes she used to date when she was younger. It's possible she was younger than she looked, but there's no way she was that close to Juan's age.

What about the gift cards? I'll finish it of in the next post.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Asad sounds like a great guy and a great manager in this story, but recall two things about him.

First, he was avoiding calling me back, until I tracked him down again and got him to answer the phone. He blamed it on "being sick", but as I said, that sounded like bullshit. I believe Asad was avoiding me because he didn't want to refund those gift cards. Second, he was very hesitant about the gift card refunds on the first call, despite the fact that doing this should be a no-brainer.

Businesses -- especially small ones -- are very funny about giving money BACK. Once your money is in their coffers, it is VERY difficult to get them to give you a cash refund in many cases. This is because they see the money as already theirs, and it's a lot tougher psychologically to give it up than to simply reduce or waive a bill which isn't yet paid. It's a textbook case of, "A bird in hand is better than two in the bush."

This is true across all industries, which is why I always tell people to never overpay an incorrect medical, utility, or hotel bill, and then ask for a refund later. I always advice to refuse to pay anything until the error or dispute is rectified. Of course, in this case I didn't overpay, but rather bought gift cards which I was (justifiably) not comfortable using anymore.

Anyway, Asad said nothing about the gift cards during our call, so I asked him again about how I can get this refund. I could tell he was very unhappy.

"Juan and Maria do not work here anymore. You will never have a problem with them again, and I coached Rosa about the cheese matter and also how to handle situations like these going forward. I really would like for you to give us another chance," he said.

I repeated that I didn't feel comfortable eating there because Juan or Maria may have friends there who resent me for his firing. Asad tried to reiterate that the other employees "are good people" and "would never do something to your food because of something like this", but I responded that anyone would be afraid to eat there after everything that happened, especially because it resulted in the firing of an employee and a manager.

Asad tried to continue convincing me not to get the gift card refund, but when I wouldn't budge, he finally relented.

"Okay, I will instruct Rosa to give you a cash refund. But she is not there every day, so make sure you call first to find out when she will be in," he explained, with a now-frustrated tone in his voice.

I thanked him, and ended the call.

However, over the next week it was very hard to locate Rosa. One day she called in sick, another she went home early, and yet another she came in late. Finally I reached her and said I was coming down, and drove right there.

Rosa's pleasant telephone demeanor from weeks before was gone. She had a very sour look on her face, and I could tell there was contempt for me. Maybe she got disciplined after all? Maybe she was just mad that I made her look incompetent? Maybe she blamed me for her crew needing to work very shorthanded, as my complaint to Asad caused two employees to get fired when they were already short on help. Whatever it was, I could tell she was pissed.

I pulled out the gift cards and explained I was there at Asad's instruction to get the $100 BACK. She didn't verbally respond, but rather just motioned for me to hand them to her. She ran them through the system, then popped the register open and handed me five $20 bills.

She did not say, "I'm sorry for your experience" or "We will do better next time." She just stood there glaring at me. I curtly said, "Thank you", and walked out the door.

And so ends the saga of Juan, Maria, Rosa, Asad, pepperjack cheese, and a beautiful fast food romance. Somewhere out there, Juan is probably in prison for a gang murder, and telling inmates how an asshole Jew customer ruined his attempt to go straight.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Good saga. However, I think most of us would have just paid the extra 80 cents, finished the order, walked out and forgotten about it.

Comments

Ryan Eisenhower:
    Last edited by Dive_Bar_Dave; 01-14-2023 at 04:44 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dive_Bar_Dave View Post
    Good saga. However, I think most of us would have just paid the extra 80 cents, finished the order, walked out and forgotten about it.
    Sloppy Joe sarcastically remarked, "Weird how this shit always happens to you."

But this is the reason it happens to me more often than other people. The typical customer will either believe the guy is right and the 80 cents is justified, or will just eat it because it's only 80 cents. I only pushed back here because I had ordered it so many times and the 80 cents was never charged, plus a cheese-for-cheese substitution never gets a charge anywhere. In fact, I left out of the story that I accepted the 80 cents and was about to move on, when the dude walked away from the register and everything escalated.

I think that this stuff "happens to me" more often than others because:

1) Bad luck in these type of spots, in general
    2) I am more aware of prices and policies than the average customer, so I notice mistakes more often, whereas others don't even realize things are wrong
    3) I always speak up when something is wrong, and don't accept bullshit answers, whereas others assume that the employee probably knows better than they do
    4) I am more likely to complain to the manager when an employee is rude/confrontational with me, whereas the typical person will just grumble and not come back to the place

Comments

PROUDBOY MAGA 2024:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dive_Bar_Dave View Post

But this is the reason it happens to me more often than other people. The typical customer will either believe the guy is right and the 80 cents is justified, or will just eat it because it's only 80 cents. I only pushed back here because I had ordered it so many times and the 80 cents was never charged, plus a cheese-for-cheese substitution never gets a charge anywhere. In fact, I left out of the story that I accepted the 80 cents and was about to move on, when the dude walked away from the register and everything escalated.

2) I am more aware of prices and policies than the average customer, so I notice mistakes more often, whereas others don't even realize things are wrong
    3) I always speak up when something is wrong, and don't accept bullshit answers, whereas others assume that the employee probably knows better than they do
    4) I am more likely to complain to the manager when an employee is rude/confrontational with me, whereas the typical person will just grumble and not come back to the place
    Having the self-awareness of a transgender 9 year old is your issue.

We all experience scenarios like this, they are usually quickly resolved. You just have to be polite and respectful.

It will never sink in for you that acting entitled immediately makes people hate you, so enjoy the thousands of hours you'll spend putting dozens more out of work and the gallons of bodily fluids you'll continue ingesting to get free extra cheese on your Whoppers.

Comments

OK2: LOL
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

We all experience scenarios like this, they are usually quickly resolved. You just have to be polite and respectful.

It will never sink in for you that acting entitled immediately makes people hate you, so enjoy the thousands of hours you'll spend putting dozens more out of work and the gallons of bodily fluids you'll continue ingesting to get free extra cheese on your Whoppers.
    I did not bother with this latest iteration but noticed in the poll you mentioned the option of people being fired.

The harm you have perceived involves a 5-10 dollar investment. The fact you entertain the firing of an employee reveals that your view of the world is skewed.

This level of revenge is not a one off and indicates a mental disorder.

Comments

OK2: Correct. He's going to get himself stabbed someday, over a taco order.

Load Metric
    Druff, you better apply at your county’s Sheriff department to be allowed to conceal carry. Your reputation for getting lowly, underpaid fast food workers is going to catch up to with the wrong employee. In fact, Gangbanger Juan probably took down your license plate number, has shared it with his bros, and they’re on the lookout for you. A conceiled piece could come in handy if they find you.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post
    Its a term of endearment
    For the majority of Latinos I'm sure it is. The times I went to Mexico I thought the people were welcoming overall and I obviously heard the word being used on occasion. However for this arrogant jackass, it's not being used in that way, he's a small man who thinks he's king shit. He comes across as a goof in most of his posts.

Comments

country978: you got him twisted my man. hes cold beer

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

lol at thinking some 20-year-old gangbanger is going to resolve anything here with "politeness".

I was polite at the beginning. I didn't complain about the fact that the guy left me standing there for 5 minutes at the counter while he swept, and instead just calmly and quietly asked, "Hi, can someone take my order?"

When the incorrect cheese upcharge happened, I politely stated that it was incorrect, but actually backed down when he insisted, because it was just 80 cents and I didn't want to get into a big argument over it.

I only made a big deal about it after he barked, "You gonna complete this order or what?" and then abandoned the register. Also recall that the manager told me he had several issues already with being rude to other customers. Your passive soy Portland approach would not have worked any better with the guy.

You know this from reading the story, but I see you're back in the mode of trolling everything I post (after stopping that for awhile), so you're getting on the soy soapboax and accusing me of being "entitled".

I tolerate a lot of dumb shit at these type of places because the standards I hold for a fast food worker are pretty low. But when it comes to outright rudeness or other really inappropriate behavior, yeah I'm gonna report it exactly as it happened, and then the manager/owner can decide what he thinks is the best course of action for his own business.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Druff, you better apply at your county’s Sheriff department to be allowed to conceal carry. Your reputation for getting lowly, underpaid fast food workers is going to catch up to with the wrong employee. In fact, Gangbanger Juan probably took down your license plate number, has shared it with his bros, and they’re on the lookout for you. A conceiled piece could come in handy if they find you.
    I think I'm safe after 2 years.

This guy was actually overpaid for the quality of job he was doing, not underpaid.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

I did not bother with this latest iteration but noticed in the poll you mentioned the option of people being fired.

The harm you have perceived involves a 5-10 dollar investment. The fact you entertain the firing of an employee reveals that your view of the world is skewed.

This level of revenge is not a one off and indicates a mental disorder.
    I can't fire anyone.

I can report the true and correct version of events to the owner/manager, who then decides what is the proper action to take.

Are you saying that the owner/manager shouldn't have visibility into what goes on at his own business?

It is only unethical to report a bad employee if either it's a victimless situation (like a worker smoking pot in the parking lot on break), or if you're being dishonest about what occurred. Every single time I report something like this, the first thing the owner/manager says to me after investigating is, "The way you reported it is exactly what everyone says happened." I never lie or exaggerate about this stuff. I describe everything exactly as it occurred, and then it's up to the owner/manager to decide what is best for their business going forward.

Thread Information