Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SrslySirius replacement at QuadJacks

Load Metric

SrslySirius replacement at QuadJacks

Discuss
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Load Metric
    To me the comedy element just isn't there with this one, Party at the DOJ is one of my favorite SS songs (DogIsHead one is f'ing great too, and so is Sunday) and this seems like a bad attempt to remake it. This guy's voice kind of grates on me too.
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Load Metric
    Funny how the snake in the grass takes credit for 'finding' them. Pretty sure when he delivered my paper he took credit for the articles too. QJ average youtube video has 10's of views. Joke site.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post
    Funny how the snake in the grass takes credit for 'finding' them. Pretty sure when he delivered my paper he took credit for the articles too. QJ average youtube video has 10's of views. Joke site.

chuckles @ 10's of views, do people actually listen to QJ radio? Regularly? Do they still have QJ Radio?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    For a month QJ's was pretty good. Matusow had a couple of good rants on there as well as Negreanu. Other than a couple decent episodes, the rest is pretty boring.

Banned
    Load Metric
    lol

Name:  ZYAyV.jpg
Views: 504
Size:  67.2 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    lol

Name:  ZYAyV.jpg
Views: 504
Size:  67.2 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTemplar View Post
    For a month QJ's was pretty good. Matusow had a couple of good rants on there as well as Negreanu. Other than a couple decent episodes, the rest is pretty boring.
    I never listened regularly because their website sucked for trying to stream archived shows. Then they had the gall to actually charge for their shit when 95% of all other podcasts are free. Gimme a friggin break!

There are a couple of shows that I really like but refuse to subscribe because they charge a monthly fee. If people start paying in decent numbers it wont be long before everybody is charging. Screw that!
    "Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. " -Mark Twain

twitter.com/jvferg72

Load Metric
    Hey Sirius, not asking for trade secrets or anything but do you know how many people actually subscribed to QJ? I always wondered if anyone would actually fucking pay for the privilege of being a QJ Platinum member.

Load Metric
    I hadn't been to the qj site in quite a while. I never really cared to give it a chance even though I generally like marco, mostly because when black friday came, other than DD radio, I pretty much dropped all other poker podcasts for quite a while because they were depressing as all fuck. That and their website used to suck ass, as I remember. Anyway, just went over, and registered. Do they still do subscriptions? The archives look to be free to me, and I don't even see anything suggesting there's a pay version of the site. Am I retarded and missing something, or did they go completely free again?

Or are they waiting for qj 2.0?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    I hadn't been to the qj site in quite a while. I never really cared to give it a chance even though I generally like marco, mostly because when black friday came, other than DD radio, I pretty much dropped all other poker podcasts for quite a while because they were depressing as all fuck. That and their website used to suck ass, as I remember. Anyway, just went over, and registered. Do they still do subscriptions? The archives look to be free to me, and I don't even see anything suggesting there's a pay version of the site. Am I retarded and missing something, or did they go completely free again?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post

Were you guys even broadcasting back then? When did FL start?

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post
    Hey Sirius, not asking for trade secrets or anything but do you know how many people actually subscribed to QJ? I always wondered if anyone would actually fucking pay for the privilege of being a QJ Platinum member.
    Obviously it would be inappropriate for me to divulge that. Just look how many people listen regularly. It's not a huge number.

Load Metric
    lol, just saw kevmath posted the video in a thread on 4

gets some good reviews and then the snake in the grass, zekdayo, drops in at post 13 to take credit for throwing the quadjacks logo on the video

TY sir, we worked very hard on this, was a pleasure working with DRybes and Sonny Caine, on this track.

Expect more from us in the future!
    http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...0&postcount=13

that guy is unreal

also, read a tweet last night about matusow saying some shit on QJ's so i decided to check it out. i was too late to hear matusow, but what i did hear was petegotaplan, marco, and someone else questioning srslysirius's sexual orientation

seems quadjacks is even trying to throw people under the boss like donkdown now
    Last edited by WillieMcFML; 04-16-2012 at 07:06 PM.

Load Metric
    Were you guys even broadcasting back then? When did FL start?
    No we were not, we debuted last October, but as a general rule of thumb, I never let an opportunity to use the knife pass.

Crowe Diddly is God obv

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    also, read a tweet last night about matusow saying some shit on QJ's so i decided to check it out. i was too late to hear matusow, but what i did hear was petegotaplan, marco, and someone else questioning srslysirius's sexual oreintation

Oh? Please elaborate.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    also, read a tweet last night about matusow saying some shit on QJ's so i decided to check it out. i was too late to hear matusow, but what i did hear was petegotaplan, marco, and someone else questioning srslysirius's sexual oreintation

Oh? Please elaborate.
    For whatever reason I assumed you knocked out pussy like a champion, but if you are gay who fucking cares....

It's also pretty low rent for anyone to question someones sexuality in 2012 like its a negative about them

Banned
    Load Metric
    someone page plol

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I was a fan of all of SrslySirius' work. "Black & Yellow" was a work of genius, and while the other stuff he did never quite reached that level, I still enjoyed all of his songs and laughed several times throughout each of them. "Sunday" was probably my second favorite, and I thought it was excellent, as well.

This "New Sunday" song didn't hold my interest. I'm not joking in that it took some effort to get through all 4 1/2 minutes of it without turning it off. The only thing I enjoyed about the video was the collection of images and video clips. The song itself wasn't particularly clever or funny, but rather just sounded like 4 1/2 minutes of someone bitching that he can't play online poker.

I also agree that it's pretty much duplicating what Srsly already did last year with "Party at the DOJ" (which was also a much better song).

Banned
    Load Metric

Oh? Please elaborate.
    For whatever reason I assumed you knocked out pussy like a champion, but if you are gay who fucking cares....

It's also pretty low rent for anyone to question someones sexuality in 2012 like its a negative about them
    lol, I'm about a 0.5 on the Kinsey scale. But if I were gay, I definitely wouldn't be ashamed to admit it.

I'm pretty surprised to hear they were just ripping on me for no reason, especially Marco. I'd be interested to know exactly what was said.

Thread Information