Page 732 of 946 FirstFirst ... 232632682722728729730731732733734735736742782832 ... LastLast
Results 14,621 to 14,640 of 18903

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Another terrible and misleading COVID article by CNN:

Headline:

Children Face Similar Risk of COVID Infeciton as Adults, Study Suggests

That headline was deliberately written to appear that kids were at a similar risk level from COVID, while at the same time giving them the out that it's technically factual (since kids have a similar risk to get infected by COVID, though not a similar risk from it).

The article does briefly mention that kids are far more likely to be asymptomatic than adults, but of course it doesn't discuss the exponentially lower death rate compared to adults. The death rate is never disclosed on CNN because it goes against the panic narrative they've been trying to present for 20 months.

Also, the article skips a very important factor in the school vaccine/masking debate: Do kids TRANSMIT COVID at a high rate?

Included is a single quote saying, "The fact that children, and especially young children, can transmit SARS-CoV-2 is now established and more clearly understood", but they don't expand upon it. Why? Because it is increasingly believed that kids transmit COVID at a MUCH lower rate than adults, making all of the mandatory masking virtually useless (and in fact harmful).

Just a horrible article all around. It gives no new information, and just incites panic.

Peak CNN.
    In other peak CNN news. There was a school shooting this week that they initially jumped all over. They were set for 24 hour coverage. Then it turned out the shooter was black and now you can’t find one anchor covering it. Imagine that.
    that kid is out on bail too. they made this one out like it was no big deal because one kid was supposedly being bullied and he retaliated by firing a loaded weapon in a school.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post

Fairly sure it's in the headline. Considering that was something that was speculated to be much lesser.

Couldn't really care less about the article not covering things that weren't in the study it was based on. Every article doesn't cover everything related to the subject.

Maybe focus on bitching about what's in the article and not what isn't in it.
    So you think that headline was honestly drawn up, without any attempt to mislead?

Was it a coincidence that the word "death" (or anything about death) wasn't mentioned once, in an article supposedly about COVID danger faced by kids?

Was it a coincidence that they devoted just one sentence to the transmissibility by kids, and that one sentence omitted any mention of the likelihood that they are transmitting at a much lesser rate?

Look, we can have radically different opinions on COVID issues and COVID policy, but we're not going to get anywhere here if you can't be honest about the horrible bias being displayed in articles like these.
    Can't see any issue with the headline describing the study. The opening paragraph is "Children are almost as likely as adults to become infected with coronavirus, but they are less likely to have symptoms, according to a new study published Friday." I don't know what additional clarification do you need there.

We don't know exactly at what level kids transmit. There's a general assumption they transmit less. It might be true even with Delta. We don't know. There's a quite a bit of noise with all of the data.

We sorta have data from kids living in bunkers and slaughterhouses. That's the equivalent of home schooling and "normal" school environment. For the most part kids don't behave like adults.

I guess you would prefer any article you "disagree" with to have 13 random paragraphs outlining whatever so even the dumbest reader could follow it. I read the 13 articles covering those issues and if all of them had outlined the other articles i would have had to read twice as much to know what i already know.

There are articles that compile stuff based on the current knowledge. This isn't one of those. This is about a new piece of information.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post

In other peak CNN news. There was a school shooting this week that they initially jumped all over. They were set for 24 hour coverage. Then it turned out the shooter was black and now you can’t find one anchor covering it. Imagine that.
    that kid is out on bail too. they made this one out like it was no big deal because one kid was supposedly being bullied and he retaliated by firing a loaded weapon in a school.
    I don't really see how they could milk it for more views. Fox news is trying, but all they can do is a daily report for about a day or two more.

4 injured doesn't cut it these days. It's not even the first school shooting this October in Texas.

Now obv there's a bias if the report doesn't mention that most mass shooters are white and/or most schools don't have even one shooting incident. When it comes to getting shot at, schools are among the safest places for kids. You're way more likely to get shot at home.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post

I don't really see how they could milk it for more views. Fox news is trying, but all they can do is a daily report for about a day or two more.

4 injured doesn't cut it these days. It's not even the first school shooting this October in Texas.

Now obv there's a bias if the report doesn't mention that most mass shooters are white and/or most schools don't have even one shooting incident. When it comes to getting shot at, schools are among the safest places for kids. You're way more likely to get shot at home.
    I thought a mass shooter was someone who kills 4 or more people. You're saying most of those people are white?

Comments

gimmick: it's the thought that counts

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Where is Blake and small dick

Comments

splitthis: Big dick killed them

Load Metric
    im guessing small dicks wife finally had enough of him being a house husband who spends 15 hours a day on pfa
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"

Load Metric
    blake probably dead of covid but this is all just speculation am sure with the info detective druff keeps on all of us he can confirm or deny if any of that is true
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    There is no pic of dead fat kid, guarantee obese, the parents were abusive allowing her to balloon so big like themselves.
    I respect your right to speak ill of the dead. Maybe you're even correct. But I'm glad my own mind doesn't lead me to think of such terrible things. Fat or not a child is dead.
    The child is dead because it got shitty food to eat with no nutritional value leaving its body obese and unable to fight the virus.

Wake up or perish.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: Here ya go
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Dude that went to my poker games dropped dead after vaccine just like my friends husband, same scenario, woke up and boom.

The vaccine kills.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: Keeding
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post

I respect your right to speak ill of the dead. Maybe you're even correct. But I'm glad my own mind doesn't lead me to think of such terrible things. Fat or not a child is dead.
    The child is dead because it got shitty food to eat with no nutritional value leaving its body obese and unable to fight the virus.

Wake up or perish.
    I know right have you read that obese people are 6 times more likely to die of Covid?

BTW if you are unvaccinated you are about 15-20 times more likely.

All that being said unless they roll out boosters quickly a lot of the vaccinations are about to wear out...

Silver
    Load Metric
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/vFpe9YiaLPEWbjpu5

I was looking up old posts I wrote, and I found a VERY interesting post I made in April of 2020. Crazy how I predicted Riots would be coming soon and mentioned being fearful for what would happen in about a month and about a month later, my predictions came true! O.O

But not for the causes I thought would cause the Riots. I thought the Riots would be against the Government for taking away People's jobs, forcing them to go into quarantine, and giving grown adults curfews. The Riots ended up happening when a White Cop named Derek Chauvin put his knee on a black man named George Floyd who had been trying to pass of a counterfeit $20 bill at a store. He put his knee on George's neck for about 8 minutes, despite George telling him he couldn't breathe, and George died as a result of the knee to the neck blocking his air. Countrywide Riots against the Police/Government occured as this. I predicted the Riots would happen, but was wrong on the reasons WHY...
    Last edited by Karen Nathan; 10-10-2021 at 02:57 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen Nathan View Post

I was looking up old posts I wrote, and I found a VERY interesting post I made in April of 2020. Crazy how I predicted Riots would be coming soon and mentioned being fearful for what would happen in about a month and about a month later, my predictions came true! O.O

But not for the causes I thought would cause the Riots. I thought the Riots would be against the Government for taking away People's jobs, forcing them to go into quarantine, and giving grown adults curfews. The Riots ended up happening when a White Cop named Derek Chauvin put his knee on a black man named George Floyd who had been trying to pass of a counterfeit $20 bill at a store. He put his knee on George's neck for about 8 minutes, despite George telling him he couldn't breathe, and George died as a result of the knee to the neck blocking his air. Countrywide Riots against the Police/Government occured as this. I predicted the Riots would happen, but was wrong on the reasons WHY...
    That’s amazing. It’s like how you pick the right lottery numbers but on the wrong day.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen Nathan View Post

Wow, interesting. I had not heard this one before. You'd think being a pro boxer for many years George Forman would have fought back but I guess having a knee on your neck for 8 minutes was too much. Thanks for the insight.

Load Metric
    Found out today my best tenant passed away from Covid. He was fully vaxxed. I guess I was a fool to think I was protected from Covid. I was even back playing live poker about 3 days a week until Delta became a thing then I stopped to see how this plays out.
    -Allergic to the struggle

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4BET View Post
    Found out today my best tenant passed away from Covid. He was fully vaxxed. I guess I was a fool to think I was protected from Covid. I was even back playing live poker about 3 days a week until Delta became a thing then I stopped to see how this plays out.
    Was he a fat ass?

Load Metric
    I would guess that he was probably older than 60 years old?

Look there are no guarantees.

Remember they come out with a flu vaccine every year.

Very rarely does it protect you from getting the flu. Why? Flu virus changes to a different variant. Same with this covid virus. The vaccine may help if you get infected by another covid variant but you can still die.

I think you should avoid being around large groups of people even if your fully vaccinated.

Load Metric
    He turned 60 in February but WTF I thought we wouldn’t die if we catch Covid after vaxxed?

Comments

splitthis: Always listen to split

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Was he a fat ass?
    Easy now, He was a nice guy and paid like clock work. Haven’t heard a word from them in almost 2 years. To answer your question he was tall and probably a bit overweight

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

Was he a fat ass?
    Easy now, He was a nice guy and paid like clock work. Haven’t heard a word from them in almost 2 years. To answer your question he was tall and probably a bit overweight
    Sounds like an average 60 year old in America.

Comments

splitthis: Average is not normal

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Still looking for evidence that Delta -- the most contagious form of COVID we know -- is ripping through classrooms and sickening kids.

It should be very easy to pinpoint when this happens, as we'd see schools where classrooms have like 15 COVID cases at once, where other classrooms have none. You know... like exactly what just happened with that cold Ben caught at school 2-3 weeks ago.

Why aren't we seeing this?

75 million kids in the US and somehow not a single school-related outbreak. The only schools which have closed due to COVID outbreaks were ones where there was high community spread, and the kids were assumed to have caught it from adults. When can we conclude that kids are barely transmitting this thing?

Keep them masks on, though! No way it's hurting social development or anything.

Thread Information