Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Valets at The Parking Spot Los Angeles had a hip hop party in my car

Gold
    Load Metric
    Druff, does your car have traction control, and was it disabled when you picked the car up? I can't recall what year/exact model it was but I would assume it does and likely has a pushbutton to disable it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenchjockey View Post
    Druff, does your car have traction control, and was it disabled when you picked the car up? I can't recall what year/exact model it was but I would assume it does and likely has a pushbutton to disable it.
    It does have it. The setting was not changed when I picked the car up.

Comments

wrenchjockey: There goes my 'lit up the tires' theory.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizzmoney View Post
    Druff needs "valet mode" for the future:

Damn, I wish my car had that thing.

As I said, I had a dashcam but took it down before the trip.

Props to the guy in the video being like 5'2" and getting a wife who looks about 6 inches taller than him.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Upon thinking about it further, I think his pushing me towards insurance is probably their standard way of dealing with things, because most complaints involve damage.

So a guy calls in and says, "Look my bumper got dented", and rather than figure out whether he's telling the truth or bullshitting, they hand it to their insurance who does their own investigation and decides whether to pay the person (probably doesn't pay in most cases).

So here this is a weird situation where I am asking for money BACK despite no physical damage, and he doesn't exactly know what to do.

But at the same time, it's clear from our conversation that his "checking the cameras" was either bullshit or very cursory, and that he either was too lazy to check anything, saw something and wanted to cover it up, or checked the minimum in order to avoid finding something he didn't want to find.

Or maybe all of this camera stuff is bullshit, and they aren't nearly as secure as he likes to claim they are.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Upon thinking about it further, I think his pushing me towards insurance is probably their standard way of dealing with things, because most complaints involve damage.

So a guy calls in and says, "Look my bumper got dented", and rather than figure out whether he's telling the truth or bullshitting, they hand it to their insurance who does their own investigation and decides whether to pay the person (probably doesn't pay in most cases).

So here this is a weird situation where I am asking for money BACK despite no physical damage, and he doesn't exactly know what to do.

But at the same time, it's clear from our conversation that his "checking the cameras" was either bullshit or very cursory, and that he either was too lazy to check anything, saw something and wanted to cover it up, or checked the minimum in order to avoid finding something he didn't want to find.

Or maybe all of this camera stuff is bullshit, and they aren't nearly as secure as he likes to claim they are.
    Wow! A rare loss to a money-grubbing corporation with poor quality control! I guess you lost this battle. Or have you?...

Because now I'm wondering whether you can claim on the insurance compensation for "invasion of privacy", and "unapproved use of private property". And when submitting the insurance claim, be sure to inform the manger of that location that you plan to pursue recourse in small claims court for the torts I mention. Including punitive damages for mental distress. I'd say $3000 sounds like a reasonable amount to ask for in small claims court.

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 202
Size:  14.9 KB
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 04-05-2016 at 04:34 PM.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I am not going to submit an insurance claim unless I can speak to the insurance company and be told that the claim is basically a formality to get paid. If the claim involves any kind of "investigation", I won't do it, because 100% they will deny me (that's what insurance companies do with all claims lacking smoking gun proof).

So if they don't agree to just refund my money, I will charge it back on my credit card and hope that they are too busy/disorganized to fight it in the 30 days allotted.

I will also make a complaint to corporate as a last resort.

But that's where it will end. No lawsuits, no insurance claims, and I won't even bother writing reviews on Yelp, because there are already thousands of reviews including a number of bad ones, so one "omg they played with my radio and nav system" review isn't going to really sway anyone.

Load Metric
    I hope you at least left them a shitty yelp review.

Load Metric
    I am not going to submit an insurance claim unless I can speak to the insurance company and be told that the claim is basically a formality to get paid. If the claim involves any kind of "investigation", I won't do it, because 100% they will deny me (that's what insurance companies do with all claims lacking smoking gun proof).

So if they don't agree to just refund my money, I will charge it back on my credit card and hope that they are too busy/disorganized to fight it in the 30 days allotted.

But that's where it will end. No lawsuits, no insurance claims, and I won't even bother writing reviews on Yelp, because there are already thousands of reviews including a number of bad ones, so one "omg they played with my radio and nav system" review isn't going to really sway anyone.
    Why should you get your money back? You got what you paid for. If it was against company policy the drive the car off lot and the kid did so without the company's knowledge, they are probably not liable.

You could sue the kid for trespass to chattels, but what are your damages? A 10th of a gallon of gas? Good luck getting punitive damages against a kid making $10 an hour. Lol that you are wasting so much time on this. If I was the attorney for the parking company, I would tell them to just ignore you.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post

Why should you get your money back? You got what you paid for. If it was against company policy the drive the car off lot and the kid did so without the company's knowledge, they are probably not liable.

You could sue the kid for trespass to chattels, but what are your damages? A 10th of a gallon of gas? Good luck getting punitive damages against a kid making $10 an hour. Lol that you are wasting so much time on this. If I was the attorney for the parking company, I would tell them to just ignore you.
    I didn't get what I paid for. I paid to have my car parked and not tampered with.

I agree that I would not likely win any kind of further damages, but I bet I would prevail in small claims for a refund IF they admitted all of this happened. But they never would admit to it, and I am not considering suing them anyway.

Load Metric
    I wonder if Druff realizes that every company would be better off not having him as a customer and foregoing whatever $ he would give them.

What Patrick Mckenzie (who runs the kalzumeus blog) calls a pathological customer.

Comments

Pooh: Have to agree
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83
    I'm going to come across as a bit of a douche but I really know more about this then anyone on this board by miles.

...if Trump is nominee he wins Presidency easily. Angry Blue Collar Whites will have record turnout.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post

I didn't get what I paid for. I paid to have my car parked and not tampered with.

I agree that I would not likely win any kind of further damages, but I bet I would prevail in small claims for a refund IF they admitted all of this happened. But they never would admit to it, and I am not considering suing them anyway.
    In the words of that great legal scholar Chick Hearn: "No harm, no foul."

Load Metric
    It's possible that the valet never drove the car off the lot, only drove around looking for a parking spot. Ironic I know.

Load Metric
    The only thing in all this that would bother me would be them fucking around in my GPS.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    It's possible that the valet never drove the car off the lot, only drove around looking for a parking spot. Ironic I know.
    They needed to mess with my navigation system and radio to accomplish that?

Load Metric
    Maybe he got lost

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrigan View Post
    I wonder if Druff realizes that every company would be better off not having him as a customer and foregoing whatever $ he would give them.

What Patrick Mckenzie (who runs the kalzumeus blog) calls a pathological customer.
    For those wondering, this is what Corrigan is talking about (though it's a different blog than the McKenzie one he's referring to, it's the same discussion): http://summitevergreen.com/want-bett...charging-more/

Basically the Pathological Customer theory states that the neediest 20% of your customer base is wasting the majority of your company's time and always haggling for the best prices, so the overall value you're getting from them is negative.

The advice here is that you should just stop working with that "bottom 20%" and everything will run smoothly and your resources will be used more productively.

That's good advice for running a business where everyone is banging down your door to use your services.

It's bad advice when you're not always sold out, and where repeat business is important.

I will fully admit that customers like me end up costing a company a lot of time for minimal financial gain.

However, customers like me are also the ones who point out legitimate and real problems -- ones that will simply drive customers away who won't tell you why they're not returning.

So in this case, most people noticing their radio/nav system were tampered with would simply say, "Well that's disturbing. Fuck this place. I'm parking somewhere else in the future".

When I go to the GM, I make him aware of the problem, so he can either track down the guy doing this shit and fire him, or at the very least put the fear of God into the employees there that this won't be tolerated.

And that leads to their service improving, and more repeat customers.

If they are sold out every day no matter what, then they don't have to worry about shit like this, and the correct play is just to get rid of the high-maintenance customers.

Either way, I'm not going to apologize to anyone for speaking up when shit like this occurs and demanding some kind of refund. I didn't get the service I paid for. My car was supposed to be parked and not tampered with. That's what I paid for, and that's what I didn't get.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Maybe he got lost
    Maybe he was using Power 106 to triangulate his position, based upon the radio signal.

Load Metric
    Either way, I'm not going to apologize to anyone for speaking up when shit like this occurs and demanding some kind of refund. I didn't get the service I paid for. My car was supposed to be parked and not tampered with. That's what I paid for, and that's what I didn't get.

Oh I understand you are entitled to what you paid for, I'm just saying there's not a business alive that would benefit from having you as a customer.
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83
    I'm going to come across as a bit of a douche but I really know more about this then anyone on this board by miles.

...if Trump is nominee he wins Presidency easily. Angry Blue Collar Whites will have record turnout.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrigan View Post

Oh I understand you are entitled to what you paid for, I'm just saying there's not a business alive that would benefit from having you as a customer.
    An incompetent business definitely wouldn't want me as a customer.

A business that actually wants to improve upon their chronic mistakes should want someone like me (though not TOO many people like me), because it helps them improve.

There are some businesses I've been visiting for years where I've never complained once or asked for a single thing for free.

Load Metric
    One question, did you begin your initial discussion with the manager & subsequent dealings with the other guy by telling them your GPS/Nav system was fucked with?
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Thread Information