Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: BITCOIN WILL CRASH WITHIN NEXT TWO WEEKS

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by monsterj View Post

Exactly, we provide a service(for the most part), and we buy and sell simultaneously, and if we can't get filled(with a guarantee), we aren't going to get exposed on the hedge or other side. The size of a decent block trade in oil or eurodollars would move bitcoin more than $300 bucks(millions of dollars of size), hence you can't really trade it like SPY, TSLA, or BAC, or commodities like WTI or Eurodollar.

I like the concept of crypto, but those huge bid/ask spreads aren't real, the risk is too high for big players.
    Hedge funds are buying crypto through OTC firms. And you can buy in big volume too without much price disruption.
    Big volume, how big? What hedge funds? Most legit HFs are outlawed via their LP investor agreements to invest in such instruments, not these fly by night HFs that raise 10MM from rich uncles and call themselves wall street.

Load Metric
    weird another thread where snake_in_the_ass makes something up to look relevant.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by anonamoose View Post

Exactly, we provide a service(for the most part), and we buy and sell simultaneously, and if we can't get filled(with a guarantee), we aren't going to get exposed on the hedge or other side. The size of a decent block trade in oil or eurodollars would move bitcoin more than $300 bucks(millions of dollars of size), hence you can't really trade it like SPY, TSLA, or BAC, or commodities like WTI or Eurodollar.

I like the concept of crypto, but those huge bid/ask spreads aren't real, the risk is too high for big players.
    I'll agree to disagree. Don't compare this to traditional stocks. It's Forex 2.0 essentially and I know from the HK and Asia stand point there are a lot of companies with a lot of exposure to this.

Just Google blockchain jobs and you'll be very surprised by the companies hiring.
    Agree to disagree? I was asking what risk I have on $100 in SPY. I am curious on your rationale. I don't have that much money, but I am curious what my exposure is to cryptos have zero direct exposure.

Load Metric
    Bitcoin Investment Trust, a public traded stock, (GBTC) closed at 690 today, 9/11/17...down from a high on 1,054 on 8/31/17

down 30% in 11 days, fairly good crash
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    weird another thread where snake_in_the_ass makes something up to look relevant.
    Still waiting on World War 3 that you promised.

Gold
    Load Metric

Hedge funds are buying crypto through OTC firms. And you can buy in big volume too without much price disruption.
    Big volume, how big? What hedge funds? Most legit HFs are outlawed via their LP investor agreements to invest in such instruments, not these fly by night HFs that raise 10MM from rich uncles and call themselves wall street.
    Are you the guy that gets coffee for the head trader?

Load Metric
    ethereum price has been in convulsions, this is not looking good.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Gold
    Load Metric
    ethereum price has been in convulsions, this is not looking good.

BUY DOGECOINS DON'T GET SHUT OUT

Comments

sonatine: ONE TIME

Bronze
    Load Metric

Are you the guy that gets coffee for the head trader?
    I see you get my point. Carry on.

Load Metric
    Jamie Diamond shitting all over bitcoin is flashing across every Bloomberg terminal on the street was amaziing. Well that and Ted Cruz...
    "I GOT NO TOE"

#FreeFluffler #FreeThisGuyIsCreepy #lockupGarrett

Load Metric
    "Would fire any trader trading bitcoin for being stupid"

"Worse than tulip bulbs"

"It's a fraud"

Comments

sonatine: peels of laughter
    "I GOT NO TOE"

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by handicapme View Post

"Worse than tulip bulbs"

"It's a fraud"
    He is an idiot. He missed the biggest bull market in history and is now calling it a scam. Who cares if it is a scam if you can profit off of trading it? Fire people for trading it? How is that any different than people trading dot com stocks in late 1999 knowing many of them were going to $0?

Load Metric

"Worse than tulip bulbs"

"It's a fraud"
    He is an idiot. He missed the biggest bull market in history and is now calling it a scam. Who cares if it is a scam if you can profit off of trading it? Fire people for trading it? How is that any different than people trading dot com stocks in late 1999 knowing many of them were going to $0?
    "I GOT NO TOE"

Load Metric

"Worse than tulip bulbs"

"It's a fraud"
    Dangerous words my good man. I trust you don't mean that exactly--scams by definition are fraudulent...I can't believe you or most anyone would condone scamming

imho what is happening with bit coin is a speculative bubble, as was the tulip bulb craze...

but not a scam because bit coin was from its outset a highly speculative and risky investment with no guarantee that the buyer will not lose money

okay, I've done my thought police bit, sermon is at an end, go in peace
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post

Dangerous words my good man. I trust you don't mean that exactly--scams by definition are fraudulent...I can't believe you or most anyone would condone scamming

imho what is happening with bit coin is a speculative bubble, as was the tulip bulb craze...

but not a scam because bit coin was from its outset a highly speculative and risky investment with no guarantee that the buyer will not lose money

okay, I've done my thought police bit, sermon is at an end, go in peace
    I don't condone scamming. What I meant to say is that if Bitcoin is a speculative bubble and ends up at $0, there is no harm in trading the swings if you can profit off of it.

Load Metric
    Name:  20170912_192705.png
Views: 194
Size:  345.4 KB

This can't be true?, I can't see how they have anything better than an asus laptop, that's just my guess...
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Load Metric
    they didnt need more than an asus laptop to break into sony.

Load Metric
    Lol, i didn't know you could hack a multi billion dollar company via dial up modem these days, but you're the nerd wtf do i know...........
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Load Metric
    they work primarily out of bangkok. more so now that thailand is courting the yuan. they have their own operating system, its based on redhat. and they get extensive material support/training from the chinese APTs.

Load Metric
    they work primarily out of bangkok. more so now that thailand is courting the yuan. they have their own operating system, its based on redhat. and they get extensive material support/training from the chinese APTs.
    I remember when Red Hat was going to save the world from Microsoft. We were young and idealistic then.

The stock is at an ATH but thats no saying too much these days. It's not about the profit. It's about the right thing to do.

Thread Information