Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Philly Shooting

Load Metric
    Anything that can penetrate Blake's kids super dark skin

Load Metric
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    I'm not sure if this is allowed but me tine and Blake have been listening to so much blink 182 to get over this shooting

Load Metric
    Like alot

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    so apparently the shooter is using an AR-15 or similar weapon and has fired over 100 rounds.

but yeah it makes absolutely perfect sense for a civilian to own military caliber guns.

i love that trump will have to respond to relentless questions tomorrow on whether we need to do more to ban these types of guns.

dem candidates already making statements about it.

in order to compel trump to take action, i think we need one of these shootings every week, and by god, i think we can pull it off
    What is a military caliber gun?
    Beat me to it.

Come on Blake, thought you were better than this. Geez

Load Metric
    so apparently the shooter is using an AR-15 or similar weapon and has fired over 100 rounds.

but yeah it makes absolutely perfect sense for a civilian to own military caliber guns.

i love that trump will have to respond to relentless questions tomorrow on whether we need to do more to ban these types of guns.

dem candidates already making statements about it.

in order to compel trump to take action, i think we need one of these shootings every week, and by god, i think we can pull it off
    i don't think civilians should have any semi-auto rifles.

Load Metric
    i swear to god if gordo derails this by explaining how the military actually uses totally different guns i'm gonna be super pissed

Platinum
    Load Metric

And around and around we go. Please explain how strict gun laws would have kept a gun out of this guy’s hands.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post

And around and around we go. Please explain how strict gun laws would have kept a gun out of this guy’s hands.
    that's not what i said.

i think the primary purpose for semi-auto rifles is killing large groups of people more effectively than pistols or non-semi-auto rifles. no one needs a semi-auto rifle for protection or hunting

Platinum
    Load Metric

that's not what i said.

i think the primary purpose for semi-auto rifles is killing large groups of people more effectively than pistols or non-semi-auto rifles. no one needs a semi-auto rifle for protection or hunting

Maybe that’s where you’re confused. There are many handguns that work exactly the same and are capable of doing exactly the same things as the semi-auto rifles you speak of.

Load Metric

that's not what i said.

That's not what you said but that's what you imply. Otherwise you're saying people shouldn't have semi automatic rifles but it should still be legal to have them.

Load Metric

that's not what i said.

Maybe that’s where you’re confused. There are many handguns that work exactly the same and are capable of doing exactly the same things as the semi-auto rifles you speak of.
    i've had guns all my life and still do. semi-auto rifles are 1,000,000 times more effective when taking on an armed police force than -- especially in a standoff situation like this over distance -- than pistols are.

if you're saying we should also ban clips over a certain size for handguns, i'd be ok with that as well.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RS_ View Post

that's not what i said.

That's not what you said but that's what you imply. Otherwise you're saying people shouldn't have semi automatic rifles but it should still be legal to have them.
    i think i didn't read his post right. you're correct. i think semi-auto rifles should be banned.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RS_ View Post
    i think i didn't read his post right. you're correct. i think semi-auto rifles should be banned.

You still haven’t explained how banning them would have kept one out of this guy’s hands.

Platinum
    Load Metric

i've had guns all my life and still do. semi-auto rifles are 1,000,000 times more effective when taking on an armed police force than -- especially in a standoff situation like this over distance -- than pistols are.

if you're saying we should also ban clips over a certain size for handguns, i'd be ok with that as well.
    At a distance sure, but walking into a bar full of people there is no difference. In fact, the hand guns would probably be even more deadly in that case because the shithead could be firing two at a time and have a bunch more duct taped to their body.
    Last edited by nightmarefish; 08-15-2019 at 08:28 AM.

Load Metric

At a distance sure, but walking into a bar full of people there is no difference. In fact, the hand guns would probably be even more deadly in that case because the shithead could be firing two at a time and have a bunch more duct taped to their body.
    So this is wrong then:

There are many handguns that work exactly the same and are capable of doing exactly the same things as the semi-auto rifles you speak of.
    I think you should thank blake for the education.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post

So this is wrong then:
    There are many handguns that work exactly the same and are capable of doing exactly the same things as the semi-auto rifles you speak of.
    I think you should thank blake for the education.
    You seem clueless as usual.

Maybe this guy can help you out.

https://www.facebook.com/TyrantsAgre...1612178273705/

Load Metric

when the goal is to actually take on an armed police force like this guy in philly did, pistols are far less effective than a semi-auto rifle.

as someone who has shot AR-15's a million times (and i love them), there is simply no legitimate reason for any civilian to have one or anything like it

the fact that we can't come up with a solution that would prevent all gun-related deaths should never be a reason to not take any action whatsoever. i.e., because handguns could be used to shoot up a bar has no bearing on whether semi-auto rifles should be banned

Platinum
    Load Metric

when the goal is to actually take on an armed police force like this guy in philly did, pistols are far less effective than a semi-auto rifle.

as someone who has shot AR-15's a million times (and i love them), there is simply no legitimate reason for any civilian to have one or anything like it

the fact that we can't come up with a solution that would prevent all gun-related deaths should never be a reason to not take any action whatsoever. i.e., because handguns could be used to shoot up a bar has no bearing on whether semi-auto rifles should be banned

You still are a avoiding the question, how would banning semi-auto rifles have kept one out of this guy’s hands?

Load Metric

You still are a avoiding the question, how would banning semi-auto rifles have kept one out of this guy’s hands?
    i don't understand the question. do you know how he got it?

Thread Information