Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** 2017 MLB Playoffs Thread

Load Metric
    Dodgers suck donkey dicks, most hyped team in the world, god damn and i fell for it lol, fml.
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Avon Barksdale View Post
    Following and trying to make sense of the playoff lines has been half the fun. Absolutely crazy.

I listen to VSiN out of South Point and the baseball betting discussion was off the hook.

There were huge spreads between the Vegas books and the US facing books. I ended up betting the Vegas books.

Gold
    Load Metric
    I went to the game tonight and before I got into my seat it was 2-0. The crowd was depressed and it was one of the most boring games I have ever been to.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintjewlips View Post
    Dodgers suck donkey dicks, most hyped team in the world, god damn and i fell for it lol, fml.
    Same here. I had them -1,-1.5,-2,-2.5, all the way to -6.5 on 5dimes. I hope that site really is donkdown.

Load Metric
    Druff, the bad decisions by the Dodgers' manager re Game 7 starters prolly didn't matter in the end. 'Cause the gods of clichιd tearjerker moments provided by televised pro athletes can't be denied.

#ItWasInevitable
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    MLB is such a scam. Dodgers get more hits than the Astros & still lost the game? Dodgers were robbed by an antiquated way of keeping score. MLB needs to join the 21st century.

Comments

SysOp: i see what you did there

Load Metric
    Interesting speculation....

Yu Darvish may have been tipping his pitches in nightmare World Series performance
    http://www.businessinsider.com/yu-da...s-loss-2017-11
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Interesting speculation....

Yu Darvish may have been tipping his pitches in nightmare World Series performance
    http://www.businessinsider.com/yu-da...s-loss-2017-11
    Not the first time a dodger was done in by slippery balls.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Looks like the Astros cheated, and possibly won the 2017 World Series thanks to doing so.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/story...h-world-series

At issue now is the way Yu Darvish got clobbered so badly in both of his starts. He didn't strike out a batter either time. Now it's strongly suspected they were using electronic devices to pick up on the catcher's signs to him.

Load Metric
    Looks like the Astros cheated, and possibly won the 2017 World Series thanks to doing so.

At issue now is the way Yu Darvish got clobbered so badly in both of his starts. He didn't strike out a batter either time. Now it's strongly suspected they were using electronic devices to pick up on the catcher's signs to him.
    The story describes how the Astros relayed catchers’ signs in real time at home games using a camera in the outfield and a monitor placed in a tunnel between their dugout and clubhouse. A noise from the du
    How do you imagine the Astros intercepted signals from cameras installed in Dodgers’ stadium?

You’re gonna accelerate your frustration if you latch onto these excuses.

Didn’t the Cubs have goats and cats and all other matter of reasons (excuses) for their losses too?

Comments

big dick: LOL
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 11-13-2019 at 11:48 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

How do you imagine the Astros intercepted signals from cameras installed in Dodgers’ stadium?
    They could have had their own people in the stadium with a high power camera zoomed in on the catcher.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

They could have had their own people in the stadium with a high power camera zoomed in on the catcher.
    What a brutal way to lose, eh?

You wouldn’t think the Dodgers would have a contingency plan? Like a decent bullpen they didn’t have a plan either.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    I have zero doubts Houston is guilty. I also have zero doubts that Boston did the same thing in 2018.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    If you're not cheating in baseball you're not trying.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    If you're not cheating in baseball you're not trying.
    They need to get rid of this shit though. This is another level stuff.

The league has already mandated this kinda stuff not be done so if you're caught it should be a fine that means something to the owner(20-30M or even more for large market teams) & loss of your draft for a year.

That ends this nonsense right there.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Apparently the Nationals heard about this and developed a new, complex version of signs in order to combat such cheating.

I guess that's why they won the World Series and the Dodgers barely came up short.

It's actually surprising the Dodgers got to Game 7, given this was going on.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Okay, so serious question here.

Let's say it's proven with 100% certainty that the Astros were using electronics to steal signs during the 2017 World Series, and that hitters were signaled regarding all or most of Yu Darvish's pitches.

Given that Darvish got hammered both games and Houston won both, do you take away their World Series title?

Keep in mind I do NOT want the Dodgers to finally end their World Series drought this way. To lose the series and then get awarded the title two years after the fact would feel really weird, and something would just feel phony about it, even if the Astros deserve disqualification.

At the same time, I don't feel the Astros deserve to keep their title if this is proven.

Perhaps just take it away and make no World Series champ for 2017?

I doubt baseball would do this, but that would be fair.

Load Metric
    Okay, so serious question here.

Let's say it's proven with 100% certainty that the Astros were using electronics to steal signs during the 2017 World Series, and that hitters were signaled regarding all or most of Yu Darvish's pitches.

Given that Darvish got hammered both games and Houston won both, do you take away their World Series title?

Keep in mind I do NOT want the Dodgers to finally end their World Series drought this way. To lose the series and then get awarded the title two years after the fact would feel really weird, and something would just feel phony about it, even if the Astros deserve disqualification.

At the same time, I don't feel the Astros deserve to keep their title if this is proven.

Perhaps just take it away and make no World Series champ for 2017?

I doubt baseball would do this, but that would be fair.
    No. They’ve done this in college football with teams forfeiting entire seasons and such, and it’s always stupid. Titles are about the moment, and the moment is long passed and you can’t take it away from the people who already enjoyed it. Let the public respect the titles to whatever degree they choose.

There are multiple guys cheating on every team, so how many titles and championships have been decided by cheating is impossible to determine. This it organizational, so the penalties should be extraordinarily punitive by the league in such a way that renders them a farm team in a few years, but taking away stuff that’s history is stupid imo. Just pound them going forward with draft picks, huge fines, and a host of other penalties.

Everyone is cheating in some way. They were simply doing it better. The price for it should be paid, but cheating is modern sport.

Thread Information