Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sopranos was overrated.

Load Metric
    Angelo Gaspere DD..

Season 5 was the best. Started off the season w/new report of the "old" mob guys getting out of jail, ...Cousin Tony, Angelo, and my favorite of all the recurring characters, Feeches La Manna (who just died as well & maybe Richie in season 2).
    And ending w/Adriana.

Druff obviously knows him as Dennis Becker

Joe Santos, who played Lt. Dennis Becker on "The Rockford Files" has died.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2016/03/18/joe-sa...#ixzz43HSzlICb
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Load Metric
    Angelo Garepe btw.

But yes the show definitely still overrated, excellent bump.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Angelo Garepe btw.

But yes the show definitely still overrated, excellent bump.
    It is uncanny how long in the tooth these once excellent TV Dramas become.

Currently watching Boardwalk Empire. Better than the Sopranos? For sure. 2 seasons too long? Of course.

Load Metric
    They got away with murder because it was all so novel, we had incredibly low expectations.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    im new here so obviously im just seeing this post for the first time.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME. The Sopranos is and will be one of the greatest shows of all time (if not the greatest). In the lexicon of tv shows (network and cable) nothing can compare to the way the Sopranos started, and finished. It was colossal. James Gandolfini brought so much to his character. All the characters were played to perfection. The show was so perfect, that they even have the DeCavalante crime family of new jersey (on wire tap) talking about how realistic the show was. You can't get better than that.

David Chase wrote some pretty good fucking television back in the day. The Rockford files were fucking great.

Sure, the ending was a bit bad for the series, but who gives a shit? It's still amazing. I can watch these things over and over again no problem. It's like the Godfather. No it's better than the Godfather.

so yeah, Tine, suck it on this one, bc critics all around the fucking world disagree with you. I have to disagree with you.

If i ahd to rank it, it'd say TOP 5 shows of all time (in no order) are Seinfeld, Sopranos, The Wire, Breaking Bad, and Cheers.

you're welcome.

Comments

Hockey Guy: You misspelled MASH.
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    im sure that was a cool story but im not going to read it, random.

Silver
    Load Metric
    TV dramas sucked as a genre up until about 10 years ago, thus putting the words "great" and "sopranos" in the same sentence doesn't signify much.

The tailspin of the sopranos was pretty fucking ugly. Great characters plagued by writers tasked with milking the teet for every last dollar.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    TV dramas sucked as a genre up until about 10 years ago, thus putting the words "great" and "sopranos" in the same sentence doesn't signify much.

The tailspin of the sopranos was pretty fucking ugly. Great characters plagued by writers tasked with milking the teet for every last dollar.
    Not*disagreeing*with the sentiment of your post but there are and also will be exceptions.
    I think most of of us can say when and where we were, that*phrase*has been copyrighted, when this hit the airwaves. * *And yes I'm having keyboard issues
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Platinum
    Load Metric
    When it think of overrated and movies my first thought is J. Depp. Why anyone would pay money to hear him mumble about is beyond me.

He's like Prince, everyone thinks he's this mysterious prodigy on another level. In reality he's just some fuckin weirdo who luckboxed it in Hollywood. Amber Heard cashing in on Depp? Sounds like she's been cataloging bruises "supposedly from Depp" for quite some time. Almost like this was planned. There's a photo of her with a lil redness around her eye, no swelling or no bruising. We'll have to see what else she has in her catalog of bruises, smh.

Comments

Tellafriend:

Diamond
    Load Metric
    I played Hold em with AJ Soprano last month

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    If aj is Tony sopranos son. I served him twice..

He always came in about 3am drunk as shit but good tiper. 12$ on a 27$ check

Soprano, s was a while ago and for its time , was excellent..

I served gandolfini once.
    He was like a big hippie. A large scruffy beard, shirt and sandles and a t shirt. But with a over sized Rolex.. Had a turkey sandwich at the counter lquetlt and eft $5..

Fucking deal with it fags.

What I would say is after this show you couldn't go to sparks without being surrounded by every Paulie wannabe from ronkonkoma and every gentlemens club started getting attitudes about baseball caps. A blight this show was.

Quote Originally Posted by thesparten View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    If aj is Tony sopranos son. I served him twice..

He always came in about 3am drunk as shit but good tiper. 12$ on a 27$ check

Soprano, s was a while ago and for its time , was excellent..

I served gandolfini once.
    He was like a big hippie. A large scruffy beard, shirt and sandles and a t shirt. But with a over sized Rolex.. Had a turkey sandwich at the counter lquetlt and eft $5..
    A couple of paisanos apparently clipped his Rollie. Now that watch has provenance but who would believe it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post

That was a major point of that show, he isn't just a gangster, he has real life issues like everyone else. This was the first show that did that. Now they all do.
    There's nothing groundbreaking about anti-heroes, those sort of characters have existed forever. I don't think the Sopranos even did a very good job at this. Virtually every character is shallow and unlikable, unrelatable and hard to root for. If character depth and moral gray area is your bag, the Wire does it better.

That said, I may be talking out of my ass since I only watched half its run. Maybe it got better.
    I grew up in the throggs neck/city island part of the Bronx. Very Italian. We were Jersey shore before they was a Jersey shore.

In the 80,s it was all mobsters and Italian social clubs. My best friend during that period WAS a bannano not just the crime family but was the hierarchy becouse his name was bannano..

They had a very large house in Westchester country with the in ground swimming pool ect ect. Which is a big deal on the east coast , perhaps not a big deal in bubble fuck USA..

Sopranos was good and more "realistic".. Not my opinion, but the truth.that being said.

It's not a glamorous life but is occasionally very cool.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackPipes and Kakfights View Post
    Fucking deal with it fags.

What I would say is after this show you couldn't go to sparks without being surrounded by every Paulie wannabe from ronkonkoma and every gentlemens club started getting attitudes about baseball caps. A blight this show was.
    I assume to have survived in NY this long, this place is good, but what is its NY Steak House Power Rating?

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackPipes and Kakfights View Post

I assume to have survived in NY this long, this place is good, but what is its NY Steak House Power Rating?
    Not sure of the ratings but the food was okay. But the gumba vibe gets a little old.

Load Metric
    OMG YOU GUYS PAULIE HATES HIS FAKE MOM

next on real housewives of who the fuck cares.

i mean honestly.

Load Metric
    I may have seen this thread before, but if i didnt.....

'Tine, what the fuck drugs are you on creating a thread like this.

Sopranos is GOD. end thread.

You seem like a smart dude, and the times i've heard you on the radio you sounded intellectual.

but this? this piece of shit thread here is....well......no words to describe it. maybe asinine.

Maybe i'll comb through this thread and see what sound reasoning you have for thinking the Sopranos was overrated.
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    OMG YALL CARMELLA HAS TO UNLOAD TO SOMEONE BUT ITS JUST NOT IN HER CULTURE TO DO SO, WOWWWWWWWWWW SO BRAVE WHAT A MULtIFACETED AND COMPLEX CHARACTER

Load Metric

Thread Information